• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2018: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ARGH!!! Spring or Spring, where art thou... April in Southern Indiana and Louisville Ky area and Winter Storm watch for tomorrow night. My house in area expecting 2"-4" of snow tomorrow night and with this cold front (24'F at my house this morning) the white crap will accumulate... The record accumulation in our area for April is 0.4" of accumulation-if it hits, the record will be shattered for April...I want to ride and commute to work on my bike....;(

ARGH!!! Spring or Spring, where art thou... April in Southern Indiana and Louisville Ky area and Winter Storm watch for tomorrow night. My house in area expecting 2"-4" of snow tomorrow night and with this cold front (24'F at my house this morning) the white crap will accumulate... The record accumulation in our area for April is 0.4" of accumulation-if it hits, the record will be shattered for April...I want to ride and commute to work on my bike....;(
I literally feel your pain up here in Northern Illinois! Just north of us got a foot of snow and we got less than an inch but salt was thrown on the road. Last week they got a foot in Iowa and just 20 miles to the west they got 4 inches. Temps in the morning have been 18F to 22F and no relief in sight for another 7 days at least. Had the bikes out for a little and now they went back into hibernation.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Feeling it here in Northern Idaho as well! Been cold and rainy, snow forecasted for tonight and more cold/rain/snow for the next 9 days! We'll see, if the sun break i'm busting out for a short ride!! :{)

I rode to Joplin, Missouri and test rode a 2018 DCt Gold Wing.
Sunny day, sixty F. Very nice day for a ride.
The Gold Wing was amazing: smooth, powerful, comfortable. Expensive.
I want one!
I made a short video and may post it, but I do not really have anything new to say.

I test rode a 2018 Honda Gold Wing. - YouTube

It also makes me realize what a bargain the NC700 is.

Last edited:
Well some of the farkles I ordered showed up today. Crash bars from China, and Givi Handguards from the EU. I was concerned about the Kijima crash bars since I saw reports of problems with these bars showing up with damage. My bars appear to be in good shape as far as the cosmetic finish. Now as long as they fit and mount without hassle I will be happy.

I will be tied up for a few weeks so I won't get to put them on the bike yet, but happy to see them show up.

Well some of the farkles I ordered showed up today. Crash bars from China, and Givi Handguards from the EU. I was concerned about the Kijima crash bars since I saw reports of problems with these bars showing up with damage. My bars appear to be in good shape as far as the cosmetic finish. Now as long as they fit and mount without hassle I will be happy.

I will be tied up for a few weeks so I won't get to put them on the bike yet, but happy to see them show up.
Make sure you lube the U-bolt threads with Anti-seize or a grease as they are stainless steel and will gall when you tighten the nuts if you don't. You won't be able to loosen them and they will twist off. You or your mechanic will need to remove the right U-bolt every 16,000 miles so there is clearance to take off the cam sprocket port cover when valve lash is checked.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

You or your mechanic will need to remove the right U-bolt every 16,000 miles so there is clearance to take off the cam sprocket port cover when valve lash is checked.

It's easy to tell if you're on the true TDC or the false one just by noting the tightness of the valves. After taking the cam sprocket port cover off once when following the valve adjustments directions the first time, I've done several valve adjustments since and never bothered to remove this cover again.

Picked up my bike from the shop yesterday after work. Routine maintenance, just more than I wanted to tackle. 24,000 mile service completed. Ride home was nice enough, but busy due to rush hour. Next week looks like a better time to get out and ride, but with the first (for me) ride coming up to head to Moonshine IL next weekend, the weather looks like it is gonna piss all over it. Temps look fine, just looks to be a wet ride. I'm not staying overnight, so will be making call day of.

In other news, have a new (to me) windscreen I need to get mounted and tested. Will report back on that when I get a chance.

Picked up my bike from the shop yesterday after work. Routine maintenance, just more than I wanted to tackle. 24,000 mile service completed. Ride home was nice enough, but busy due to rush hour. Next week looks like a better time to get out and ride, but with the first (for me) ride coming up to head to Moonshine IL next weekend, the weather looks like it is gonna piss all over it. Temps look fine, just looks to be a wet ride. I'm not staying overnight, so will be making call day of.

In other news, have a new (to me) windscreen I need to get mounted and tested. Will report back on that when I get a chance.

Hey Brad, these weather forecasts are crazy. On weather.com for Terra Haute, next Saturday is high of 58'F and 60% chance of rain, while Wave 3 has Louisville with high of 78'F with 40% chance of rain in afternoon: about a 3.5 hour ride cross country from Louisville to Terra Haute. I plan on riding over there Saturday morning also as long as it is not cold AND raining. This weather is crazy; currently 64'F and they are calling for inches of snow accumulation tonight (still forecasted for 4-6 inches at my house tonight-they have cut back on the Louisville total).

Fort Tryon Park, Manhattan

This past weekend, daughter and I travelled up Riverside Drive to about the top of Manhattan and wended around Fort Tryon Park, wherein lies the Cloisters, a museum devoted to medieval art and architecture. We had brunch at New Leaf Cafe in the park.

I was very happy with how this trip turned out on a motorcycle. Riverside Drive is nicely bendy, there was a traffic circle at the entrance to Fort Tryon park to test leaning, and the Cloisters is a great visual destination. Oh, and the brunch place wasn't crowded.

20180401_122113.jpg

1930881_10156308232916834_6351204410158469383_n.jpg

Hey Brad, these weather forecasts are crazy. On weather.com for Terra Haute, next Saturday is high of 58'F and 60% chance of rain, while Wave 3 has Louisville with high of 78'F with 40% chance of rain in afternoon: about a 3.5 hour ride cross country from Louisville to Terra Haute. I plan on riding over there Saturday morning also as long as it is not cold AND raining. This weather is crazy; currently 64'F and they are calling for inches of snow accumulation tonight (still forecasted for 4-6 inches at my house tonight-they have cut back on the Louisville total).

I know... I can deal with either cold OR rain, but not gonna do both. I do want to go this year, however, as it is the last year they will be doing the Moonshine Lunch Run. I'd like to get a shirt. I am keeping the weather up and watching as well. It's spring, and this crap does change on the drop of a dime. It's not showing any accumulation here, but that doesnt mean anything. We've got a shoot scheduled for tomorrow at the park, so I am hoping it's just a dusting without making everything soaking wet...

A New Battery

Today, I received and quickly installed a new battery. Thanks to this thread, I knew to go with the Motocross version of the Yuasa YTZ12S. I bought from eBay store ecomelectronics in Brooklyn and it only took a day to arrive.

Not the prettiest pictures, but I am very happy this is swapped out. The older Yuasa battery couldn't start the bike--every ride I needed to jumpstart it with the Anker charger. (The Anker was always reliable; very thankful for it.)

I am also very happy I was able to do this fix. It's just the kind of simple wrenching I wanted to do myself.

20180406_122843.jpg

20180406_123352.jpg

20180406_123406.jpg

Attachments

• 20180406_123839.jpg
    20180406_123839.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 232
Last edited:
Took Nicki out for a couple hours with her new shoes, Pirelli Scorpion Trail IIs. Here she is checking out the stream at Middle Fork just off 178 in North Carolina. Caught just a sign of the cold moisture they're getting farther north so we turned around and headed home.
bef4451bfe0b3458af879e9b34609ae2.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Cold and snowing this morning in Louisville Ky :( No riding this weekend ;( however; supposed to have some sunny days starting next Thursday (maybe)..

Installed my Givi E21's yesterday. Even though they are pricey, I decided to go ahead and spend the $ on the SW Motech mounting racks, with Givi adapters. My reasons are that I already had the Motech alum rack on the back, which includes one of the mounting points already, and I also reasoned that I may want to upgrade to more serious side boxes later, and the beefy Motech racks will acomidate that. Motech racks are nice quality, and the install was a breeze, and they can be removed/re-installed quickly. I now feel like I'm ready for my planned trips. As soon as weather permits. Still a lot of snow in the hills, and lots of rain in the forecast. Pics-

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
Nothing. 28 early, 40 ridiculously long winter. If I could get my wife to retire we would move.

56FEF963-C47B-4A17-80FE-8FF1A7E8177F.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back