• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2018: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 6 employees in our small business and NONE of them were even born at the time of our marriage in '72 ( You Know.. Way back in the 20th century). When they hear that we've been married 46 years, their response is usually 'NoWay!' I don't think they can even comprehend the reality of it.

Congrats on yours. It looks like we both caught keepers. :)
>T

This November will be 35 for us.

Congratulations to Olythom and his wife! Also to 1wiseguy2 and his missus.

Our 39 years this September doesn't “win”, but could make honorable mention.

Last edited:
Today I changed the oil on the bike for the first time. Not the first time the oil has been changed, but the first time I did it myself. Hopefully, everything works now. :)

As of 5/22 my wife and I have been married 42 years. I have owned 13 bikes, but have stayed with one wonderful wife. You need to know when you get it right.

Spent the last week (5 days, anyway) riding the roads in TN and NC in and around Cherohala and Tail of the Dragon. I was at a different rally than the KS guys. I'll get a write up done within the next few days. I need to doublecheck the mileage, but I know it was over 1000 miles for the time (315 down and back). I did have to do a chain adjustment while I was down there (brought the tools to do so, luckily) and took all of about 20 minutes (I went ahead and cleaned and lubed it as well.) We had a nice garage to work on stuff in so any rain didnt matter. One guy in a Ural had his whole tranny apart and real wheels off to replace some gasket that he said goes out after 2000 miles almost like clockwork. Man, he was working on that thing every damn day. I will never own a Ural. I would rather have a vintage bike than a new Ural.

Spent the last week (5 days, anyway) riding the roads in TN and NC in and around Cherohala and Tail of the Dragon. I was at a different rally than the KS guys. I'll get a write up done within the next few days. I need to doublecheck the mileage, but I know it was over 1000 miles for the time (315 down and back). I did have to do a chain adjustment while I was down there (brought the tools to do so, luckily) and took all of about 20 minutes (I went ahead and cleaned and lubed it as well.) We had a nice garage to work on stuff in so any rain didnt matter. One guy in a Ural had his whole tranny apart and real wheels off to replace some gasket that he said goes out after 2000 miles almost like clockwork. Man, he was working on that thing every damn day. I will never own a Ural. I would rather have a vintage bike than a new Ural.
I have looked at the Urals but they seem expensive and that kept me away. Thanks for that tidbit of information.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Went to FiddleTown in the California foot hills, neat little gold rush town. About a 152 mile round trip from Twain Harte, Great spring day!!!
FiddleTown.jpg

Short day tomorrow, then off for 4.5 days of vacation! Wishing everyone a great Memorial Day Weekend! (sweet wife even offered to haul the travel trailer so i could take the bike-first time for everything i guess) Ya gotta love that!! :{)

What full system are you looking to get?

Well, I already have a blackwidow decat and ixil hyperlow xl, so the K&N was probably the latest upgrade that will make everything work.
Didn't ride it today because it's a little bit rainy today, that's why I'm curious how it'll do with the combination of these 3 things :)

Well, I already have a blackwidow decat and ixil hyperlow xl, so the K&N was probably the latest upgrade that will make everything work.
Didn't ride it today because it's a little bit rainy today, that's why I'm curious how it'll do with the combination of these 3 things :)

You may not be able to tell a huge difference since you've already been riding with the full system installed...but hey it could wake it up just a bit! You never know. I mean it won't pull your arms off, but you may be able to tell a slight difference unless it requires a little tuning to make everything meld together nicely.

Busy working in expanded role so more time away from home = less commuting :(. First lube and adjustment on new chain. Adjusted the clutch lever a bit and back to the garage for another week.

Rode in to work in the rain at 6C (279K, 502R, 43F), "feels like" 2C (275K, 495R, 36F) and I'm sure feels much colder when wet at 120km/h (33.3 m/s, 65Kts, 75MPH).
Should be 22C (295K, 531R, 72F) and sun by the time I go home though so it should all be worth it.

Over the last month the cold start cranking has be been getting slower and slower. The bike is a 2014, but I don't know when the battery was made. Put a meter on the battery terminals, started the bike and the meter read just over 9v. Did a Place order on line, pick up in store with Batteries & Bulbs. With the discount code and core refund (brought the old battery with me, it was $93. Just like the OEM Yuasa, the battery top has molded in holders for the nuts, so getting the bolts started was easy. The bike once again starts before making one full revolution. Don't know how long this Extreme AGM battery will last, but if it's 4 years, I'm happy.

You may not be able to tell a huge difference since you've already been riding with the full system installed...but hey it could wake it up just a bit! You never know. I mean it won't pull your arms off, but you may be able to tell a slight difference unless it requires a little tuning to make everything meld together nicely.

Ridden it today, and it seems that the bike picks up revs faster in the low down. No more bogging in 6th gear at 45mph (70kmh), it just keeps pulling!
The long gears also make the bike pull longer than a sportbike, which I like :)
But maybe it's because the OEM air filter was a bit dirty lol
I wonder if the bike runs lean, because I found out that ECU resets don't work on the manual NC700

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back