• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Installed the GIVI #ES1111 sidestand foot. Perfect fit. Nice and snug. Used loctite on the screws.
This looks like the ticket to keep it from sinking into soft dirt or gravel! It looks like the foot is about 3X the surface area of the stock sidestand.
1940579a43b1c5e1b7589866f245c59d.jpg

Also installed the SW-Motech soft luggage adapter plate. Had to remove the ALU-Rack and install the 1/4 turn recepticals on the underside. Then bolt it back onto the rack arms.
The luggage plate snaps on with three 1/4 turn fasteners. They provided rubber washers to go between the rack and the plate to protect the paint from scratches.
There is some flex in the plate as it is basically a sheet of thin aluminum, but it looks durable for its intended use.

Next: I need to figure out the Pros vs Cons of removing vs using the Honda bar inserts before I start installing the Barkbusters hand guards.

JT

IMHO leave the original bar inserts in, no disadvantages noticed so far but a big advantage on the install! I have the Kobra's and just left them in.

Congrats, XA4. Sounds like a great first ride. I'm curious where you mounted the electrical ports.

I've had mine just a few months. Here's my day:

- Cleaned & lubed chain (my first time)
- Suited up in full heated gear (1st time)
- Played NC tag (1st time, other thread)

- Realized I'm now 19% of the way toward 2nd chain service!

Thanks to those on this forum who recommended DID chain and JT sprockets; today I replaced ...well, with the help of a mechanic friend, who kindly did the task whilst I got in the way and made mental notes... them both! Chain, definitely knackered - with tight spots a plenty and nearly a link longer through wear than the new chain - despite the same number of links to both. The rear sprocket didn't look too bad - but definitely due on the front...

WornSprockets.jpg

I've got some longer rides to do soon, with my wife on the back as well - so I can sigh in relief that the brakes were recently done and are sound, chain and sprockets in good order and plenty of tread on the tires. Now if only it would stop being so damp and cold?

Last edited:
Installed Givi handguards..
right one does not clear my madstud windshield.. thinking to cut windshield flappers.. IMG_8703.jpg

Thanks to those on this forum who recommended DID chain and JT sprockets; today I replaced ...well, with the help of a mechanic friend, who kindly did the task whilst I got in the way and made mental notes... them both! Chain, definitely knackered - with tight spots a plenty and nearly a link longer through wear than the new chain - despite the same number of links to both. The rear sprocket didn't look too bad - but definitely due on the front...

View attachment 37888

Wow! How many miles on this sprocket?

Wow! How many miles on this sprocket?
Not a clue; the bike was bought second hand last year, with frustratingly no service history. That said, I've done just under 3,000 miles on it since then. Still, now I've done some of the bigger service items - brakes and calipers, timing, chain and sprockets, oil change and so forth - I'm happier. Just plugs to do, but no hurry for that...

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

The ice and snow are gone from the driveway. The temperatures are moderating, so I declared yesterday to be the start of the Spring 2019 riding season. I rode all of the fuel injected bikes and fed them some fresh fuel, the NC included. What a great day! The carbureted bikes will remain in their drained-carb-bowl hibernation a little longer.

E7A91B6A-4C16-4AB0-95CE-255564A7EB59.jpg

I've had my NC sitting in the garage for around a month due to travel and weather. Around the same time this all started my NC was running strange 95% of normal.

This week the rain is taking a break, the temps are back to the upper 30's or better and I'm back to riding, yesterday my NC was still running at 95% but it also through a code (85 or 96) not sure if it was cleaning the connectors or tightening battery connectors but my NC us back to 100%

P.s. After disconnecting the battery I hooked it back up and started the NC without touching anything but the starter, I let it idle for 30 min (I went inside and ate dinner) EFI reset

I started the Ice chipping and shoveling 5"-6" of ice from around the NC today in an attempt to dig it out from its hibernation/under cover for the winter status!! This weekend and all next week is supposed to be sunny and in the 40's-50's and i'm Sooooo ready for a ride on the NC!! :{)

Received a box of parts in the mail and so got to work installing them. It's 3am, here are the results.
Denali Soundbomb Mini: Horn install was a fail...some said electrical mods needed, some said no mods needed, just plug and play. The couple fuses I blew tell me I'm in the former group.
SW-Motech Kobra: Handguards took me longer than expected, but they're on nicely.
Also relocated cheap/temp phone mount (I'm not quite sure where/if I want my RAM X-Grip) and quick-mounted a bullet camera (cover your eyes) onto turn signal arm! I'd better call it a night.

Warm weather and rain this week. So happy to wash all the salt off the roads around here.

Tried putting on Barkbusters hand guards last night. Having trouble breaking the screws loose on the handlebar weights. Is there a trick to this? I assume they were installed with locktite. The oil filter installer gorilla must have installed these screws on mine.

JT

Warm weather and rain this week. So happy to wash all the salt off the roads around here.

Tried putting on Barkbusters hand guards last night. Having trouble breaking the screws loose on the handlebar weights. Is there a trick to this? I assume they were installed with locktite. The oil filter installer gorilla must have installed these screws on mine.

JT

We're in the same boat. Happy for salt wash and installing hand guards. SW-Motech made my Kobras and your Barkbusters so likely same kit, basically. You're at the most difficult stage: handlebar weight removal.
I'm a novice but I would try a breaker bar on the screws. Mine loosened easily but sounds like yours have thread locker. Removing the inner weights was the real pain. I didn't want to peel grips back and/or remove throttle tube (?) so I didn't press through holes near bar ends like the instructions suggested. Instead, I used the method in this helpful video:
YouTube
Start around 2:40. He also has a separate video about just the weight removal. Try not to crack the end of your throttle tube.
Remove those little clips first. Note, getting inner weight to twist while pulling didn't help but brute force while rocking up and down did. Best of luck.

[video=facebook_share;10157311273212975]https://www.facebook.com/Paulplex/videos/10157311273212975/[/video]

This evening, my invisibility gear was working especially well, as two cars within a few minutes of each other both decided to get all friendly with me in my lane. I think I want a louder horn.

Louder horn is needed. I just cant get a definitive answer as to what is pretty much bolt on, plug in, with no extra wiring or whatnot. That is gonna be my next addon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back