• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pulled the rear wheel and had the dealer install a new Bridgestone T31 tire on it. The previous tire was a Bridgestone BT023 that went 8,400 miles.

Put the armor back into my riding jacket and pants that were washed after the season. Also realized I better lose 10 lbs by spring or buy new gear. The snow shoveling between now and then should help.

It was quite fresh this morning - chilly fingers by the time I got to work - but stopped briefly on the way in to watch the sun rise at Lyndhurst :)

WL13ZLU_HondaNC700X-Lyndhurst01.jpg

First day back on the bike after being away and having some frosty mornings. Hit the glorious 38 F with a light rain that washed away the frost on the road...

I rode it in to my tire guy and had him replace the sprockets and chain at 13,000.
JT sprockets. The tech that did it said the sprockets had some life left, but why take chances.

Took my variant out for a 200km spin yesterday. Coldest day so far here albeit not nearly as cold as some of you experience. Temperatures ranged between 2C and 5C. Blue skys though and an enjoyable day out except for frozen feet despite thick socks . I will have to deal positively with that aspect and suggestions are welcome.

I moved into a 55+ community about 18 months ago. Been trying to get up with fellow riders and was finally able to ride with a couple of them today. Just a short jaunt, had a good fish sandwich and then home.

These guys ride weekly, so I'll have to get in with them...even if they are on Harleys.

Conversation centered on best ice cream and a recap of all our surgeries. A nine hour heart operation won.

2019011818420299-IMG_0320-L.jpg

2019011818423942-IMG_0321-L.jpg

2019011818425879-IMG_0324-XL.jpg

2019011818431274-IMG_0325-XL.jpg

I moved into a 55+ community about 18 months ago. Been trying to get up with fellow riders and was finally able to ride with a couple of them today. Just a short jaunt, had a good fish sandwich and then home.

These guys ride weekly, so I'll have to get in with them...even if they are on Harleys.

Conversation centered on best ice cream and a recap of all our surgeries. A nine hour heart operation won.

Awesome! It’s great to have riding buddies. If their pipes are loud, don’t volunteer to ride in the back of the line; insisit on leading.

Retrieved Wiley after having suffered a flat on the freeway yesterday evening. The plug appears to be holding. I'll check again tonight to verify. First flat I've ever had on a street bike. If I'd'a' had RideOn in these, I would not have been stranded. First tires in a while that I didn't use it. Oh well...

I had RideOn in my PR4, the puncture was just outside of the area where the RideOn was on the inside.

I now have a Road 5 ...

Alligator Alley ride

Came back from weekend in Naples. Cold today for so. FL, high 50's leaving. Wore winter gear, heavyweight leather jacket, chaps, winter gloves etc. Was comfy enuf. BMW was a better cold weather bike.

Awesome! Get them to come to KSL in May!!

Came back from weekend in Naples. Cold today for so. FL, high 50's leaving. Wore winter gear, heavyweight leather jacket, chaps, winter gloves etc. Was comfy enuf. BMW was a better cold weather bike.

I wish it was in the 50s here. Haven't even opened the garage in the past 2 weeks to looks at the bikes. -2 F yesterday at 7am. High on Sunday was 18'F, high yesterday was 21'F and with the winter storm we had Saturday night, can barely get my car in/out of the long driveway, 6" of snow on top of the 1" packed ice (snow was melting before the temperatures took a dive and then mixed freezing rain snow). The snow is easy to get thru, it is that dang ice.

Today, I didn't ride my bike, although I did clean and lubricate the chain. However, I did spend far too much money on a Nolan helmet and Hein Gericke jacket. Nearly £800 lighter, but looking forward to taking them for a ride tomorrow!

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

No riding, but a lot of sitting and dreaming.
My friends and I went to the International Motorcycle Show in Cleveland Ohio today. Sat on a lot of bikes. Drooled over a lot of bikes. Entered a lot of raffles. All in all a fun day with friends.

Harley did not have the Livewire at the show. I thought they wanted to sell them. Wasn’t going to buy one, but a lot of people were asking about it.

JT

Slid doing a u-turn in front of my house, added scratches to the bike and my knee, broke my little finger. All before 8:00 AM.
Shiny new tires are slippery.

Slid doing a u-turn in front of my house, added scratches to the bike and my knee, broke my little finger. All before 8:00 AM.
Shiny new tires are slippery.

Thanks for the post, it reinforces my paranoia about riding carefully on new tires. Wishing you a quick recovery :)

wj8xbrP.jpg

put the resprung 2016 RSV4 shock on. While the reservoir is very close to the plastic, it doesn't quite touch as far as I can tell.

also have the front end sorted a little better - it was short about 1.25" of preload.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back