• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2019: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i knocked another 12" off of the bike cover that Oly sent my way. For the last 5 days we have been on the business end of the snow blower/shovel. Oly could have just as easily kept all of that white stuff to himself over there on the LEFT Coast!! :{P

It isnt here yet, but it's ordered. I am replacing the exhaust can with an Ixil Hyperflow Black slip-on to the NC. I like the looks, and the sound (with baffles in). Just a more throaty sound without getting obnoxious. I've had my finger on the trigger for one of these for the last couple years, but never had the surplus to get it.

IXIL L3XB HYPERLOW BLACK EXHAUST HONDA NC 700 X 2012-2015 - IXIL USA

I was planning to ride, as it was warm enough, but it was overcast and 40 mph winds.

Nasty in the morning, but it warmed up in the afternoon and the wind dropped, so I rode.
It started as just a short ride to stretch out and get gas but I kept turning away from home and ended up getting home after dark.

took my bike to school even though the snow hasn't melted from the neighborhood road. For the most part it was fine until I locked up my rear brake coming in too hot. Recently the HOA installed really sharp speedbumps and they're abysmal. I was going about 7- clutch out throttle closed.

Otherwise it was fun. 45-40 degrees and raining is a great excuse to ride.
The dirt and crud I picked up is a better excuse to not.

First day back on the bike after two weeks off. How travel and weather mess with the riding schedule...a cool day but nice to be back. Not sure about tomorrow...

Hey Deck.. Wow, that is a nice pipe! I think i have half of that price into mine though. It came with baffles that i just left in and it sounds really nice. A nice growl to it but not too loud as i don't like it too loud like my sons HD Dyna...WoW!! :{)

NC700x new parts.jpg

Rear brake pedal mod

The sharp end of the brake pedal has been scuffing my boot when my right leg is used to hold up the bike when stationary so I inserted a piece of neoprene tubing into the pedal-tube and left it projecting about 3/8".

Hey Deck.. Wow, that is a nice pipe! I think i have half of that price into mine though. It came with baffles that i just left in and it sounds really nice. A nice growl to it but not too loud as i don't like it too loud like my sons HD Dyna...WoW!! :{)

Yep, I will probably be leaving the baffles in as well. I didnt necessarily want louder pipes, just some throatier growl. I also like the lower profile. I know they will be louder than the stock can, but that's fine. I always have either buds or plugs in my ears anyway. According to FedEx, the exhaust is sitting at home right now.

Weather on Saturday will be "warm" but rainy, perfect to do the work. Sunday will be "warm" but dry, so I can give it a try out.

Today, I discovered the downside of losing weight with better diet and more exercise; my RST over trousers no longer fit me. Like, at all. I've seen snugger fitting clown trousers.

So, I bought s new pair; Alpinestars Andes Drystar - which, in the UK (where we get summer for around three days in August and rain the rest of the year) should be quite good. Another plus for today; what a beautiful morning?! Here's eight minutes of my commute across the New Forest in Hampshire, condensed down to a minute of your time.

[video=youtube;KSuiWwiTmFY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSuiWwiTmFY[/video]

(apologies if you can't see it immediately; it's still uploading as I type this message - and apologies if you did get to watch it and want that minute of your life back: no refunds)

Ordered some goodies for the bike.

Givi Side stand plate
3b2890c4e09505bf2543ab73a3597a59.jpg

SW-Motech rear rack plate
3ccdcdd81d84a656168a703bb1c88d63.jpg

And Barkbusters Storm hand guards.

Hopefully the weather will warm up and I can install them without freezing.

JT

Went for another Canadian winter ride, though not too far. Was eager to get out there since visiting the Toronto motorcycle show last weekend...had some new gear to test out and tonight was the night!

Back home, I fixed a couple things the dealer got wrong by draining some excess oil and adjusting the chain.

I only recently bought and exported/imported the bike, so I also removed my temporary Michigan, USA permit and installed my Ontario license plate tonight.

Oh, and I'm also sending a photo of my Ontario registration to my insurer. It's taking a lot to convince them I have a 2014 NC700XD in Canada...if mine's not the only 2014 NC700 in Canada (Honda sent us the 750 that year), please let me know!

Changed the oil and filter.

I do wish we could get to the sump plug and the filter from the same side on the bike. It would make life better for my back.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Went for another Canadian winter ride, though not too far. Was eager to get out there since visiting the Toronto motorcycle show last weekend...had some new gear to test out and tonight was the night!

Back home, I fixed a couple things the dealer got wrong by draining some excess oil and adjusting the chain.

I only recently bought and exported/imported the bike, so I also removed my temporary Michigan, USA permit and installed my Ontario license plate tonight.

Oh, and I'm also sending a photo of my Ontario registration to my insurer. It's taking a lot to convince them I have a 2014 NC700XD in Canada...if mine's not the only 2014 NC700 in Canada (Honda sent us the 750 that year), please let me know!

Be sure you are using the correct method to check the oil:
Unscrew and remove the dipstick.
Wipe it clean.
With the bike upright and level, insert the dipstick (without screwing it in).
Remove it and check the level.

If you screw it in to check it will appear that there is too much oil in the engine.

JT

Changed the oil and filter.

I do wish we could get to the sump plug and the filter from the same side on the bike. It would make life better for my back.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I wish they would have put the sump plug on the bottom instead of on the side. Every time I pull it off I have to guess how far the oil will spurt out. I miss the pan almost every time

So I just swapped out the original exhaust for a new Ixil Hyperflow Dual LX3B slip-on and the effect in both the aesthetic and tone was immediate. It was a lot easier than I thought it would be, 3 bolts to take off, 2 to replace. Mounting my rear rack was more difficult than this. It is much more low profile, blends in with the black on the bike and the tone! Man, it is more throaty and growly without being much louder than the original one. I am leaving the baffles in, as for me, they sound better installed than not.

Ni9lWAC.jpg

F8nZLJZ.jpg

Last edited:
Lookin' sweet Deck, gotta love those pipes!! Incredible sound, i too really like mine. :{)

Just went out on a ride and am in love with sound. it is a little louder than the stock pipe, but not obnoxiously so. It lets you know there is an engine down there. This is probably my new favorite farkle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back