• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2020: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's funny ! I had a new rear put on recently. Will order front one soon. I like the Pirelli Angel GT 2's. Got 10,000 miles out of rear tire. Getting front one so I'll have new one for all summer ride.

Put on my summer gloves for the first time this year. I still have my Winter handguards on for the cool mornings at 43. Warmed up to 68 for the ride home. If it keeps up will be pulling the Winter guards off.

Lately I haven't taken many photos on rides because we still have more snow at lower elevations than most years. That limits where I can ride. Temperatures for April have been significantly lower too. By the end of the ride it probably crept up to 48F from 22 when I got up this morn but it was one of those days you had to lean hard to travel a somewhat straight line. Nevertheless, glorious skies! So I did shoot a few pics.

2020-04-16 14;36;40
by greenboy, on Flickr

2020-04-16 14;33;07
by greenboy, on Flickr

Last edited by a moderator:
Rode into town today to get bike stuff. Was 89 degrees today. Feels good to ride with only t-shirt on top. Picked up front fork seals, plus fork fluid. Also got font and rear brake pads plus fluid. Coolant and crush washer to drain engine coolant. Motor oil, filter, and crush washer. So some work to do this weekend. Next week will get front tire. Plus chain and sprockets. I'll then be ready to hit the road with my tent and stuff for the summer. Lot's of bikers out today.

45F to 62F on yesterday's ride, 265 mostly gusting miles as the weather here continues to shift erratically. Had a blast, winding roads most of the way over passes, plenty of scenic variety. Better resolution on flickr if you're interested.
===========================

From the late 1800s when it was a stagecoach stop until a fire in 1987 the Long Branch Bar advertised booze, gambling, and food. It also served as post office and had the only phone around for miles and miles. The watering hole served as community center for the surrounding ranches and was known to host rattlesnake barbecues, halloween bashes, impromptu rodeos, and dances.
Before the fire the unincorporated area had a population of 70, but only a few years later, only 10. All that remains now is a pullover, and ghost stories.

2020-04-17 14;01;19
by greenboy, on Flickr

2020-04-17 14;03;44
by greenboy, on Flickr

Homestead from the early 1900s.

2020-04-17 14;16;27
by greenboy, on Flickr

2020-04-17 14;18;18
by greenboy, on Flickr

About to eat lunch near the Thompson Dam on the Clark Fork.

2020-04-17 15;56;20
by greenboy, on Flickr

Coming in for a landing.

2020-04-17 16;01;32
by greenboy, on Flickr

Part of Thompson Falls Dam, built in 1915 around several large waterfalls on the Clark Fork. The long canyon the Clark Fork runs through was cut steep and deep by repeated catastrophic floods of Glacial Lake Missoula as the ice dam that held it back was rent.

2020-04-17 16;06;36
by greenboy, on Flickr

Sanders County Jail in Thompson Falls was built in 1907. Now it's on the Historic Register and houses a museum.

2020-04-17 16;35;37
by greenboy, on Flickr

2020-04-17 18;11;46
by greenboy, on Flickr

Since it's been raining all day and my new footpegs showed up yesterday while I was out riding, I installed them today. 1" of locked 12-position rotational and tilt adjustment so you can drop them, move them forward or back, tilt them differently... I'm trying out doing the brake side angle tilted slightly up compared to the shifter side. You don't notice it when you are standing, or running down the road, but so far it seems to improve the comfort and the operation/positioning of the feet either sitting or standing.

They are beautifully CNC'd and anodized, give a good grippy larger platform, and cost only $54 priority shipped from California. But there are no instructions other than USE RED OR AT LEAST BLUE LOCTITE. Amen. Figured it all out right away anyway. I'll take pictures later but for now:

s-l1600.jpg

Nice pegs! And thanks for the history of those beautiful pics. I plan to make it up that way. Some time this summer. Keep them coming.

Thought I would throw this here - not worth its own thread. I just bought a Shoei Neotec II Splicer off Amazon for $440 (45% off - this is the $799 MSRP version). Got the last white one but there are two orange and a blue left - see sizes in image.

1587324920158.png

298.7 miles today, including quite a few miles of bad unpaved. Cogent shock really shows how bad the forks are ; } ...Started with 47F, got up to 60 at one point but then went back down. Chill factors still prevalent, and the weather report was totally bogus. It was supposed to stay sunny and low winds. Here's a couple pics, probably the only ones with less than 90% cloud cover. They fooled me. Maybe more pics after dinner.

2020-04-20 11;51;25
by greenboy, on Flickr

2020-04-20 13;00;39
by greenboy, on Flickr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back