• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Anyone mounted a ram ball on the Honda touring screen?

zirconx

Reaction score
Visit site
My Honda touring screen is on it's way. I'd like to mount a ram ball on the windshield bracket. Has anyone done this? I could probably use a u-bolt mount, but I think it might be too big (what's the diameter of that support bar? Smaller than the handlebar I think). Also I think it would be pretty ugly when I don't have the GPS on there. I was thinking about drilling a hole through the bar and screwing on a ram ball through that. Think this would work? Any other ideas?

ramb231zinc.jpg

phpbh8wjZ.jpg

I wouldn't drill through the tubing.
the tubing would have enough to cope with,holding the screen up and vibrations.
to you and me its tingling vibrations etc,have a read of this.I know its a long drawn out read but at least it will give you some idea.
you will need to mount it to some thing a bit more secure.

What is Metal Fatigue | Burgoynes

I use what is shown in the first picture -- the U-bolt clamp mounted on my handlebars just to the left of the clamp. It blends in well so I don't see it if the RAM cradle and GPS aren't mounted. Works well for me.

I have different length arms if I desire different locations.

P1030335.jpg

Last edited:
When I had the Honda screen I had a u-bolt mount on the bar. If I remember correctly the bar is ¾ (might be ½”)so you need the u-bolt with the adapter. I mounted it to the right of the right windshield mount. Tried it in the middle but it hung over the instrument panel a little. Another consideration is the GPS, phone whatever you mount, may block or partially block your view of the instrument panel.

Zirconx, I mounted the ram mount over the instrument cluster via a hole drilled through the Vario screen I was using. It worked perfectly and kept the gps more in my line of sight with just a glance down instead of having to move my whole head to view the screen. If you don't like the way the u-bolt looks, maybe you could fabricate something from flat stock that would look better. I'm in the same situation since I just mounted the tall Honda screen. If I think of something that works, or if Ram makes a mount for the smaller diameter, I'll post the part # and a photo.

My Honda touring screen is on it's way. I'd like to mount a ram ball on the windshield bracket. Has anyone done this?

I just did this yesterday. Unfortunately, it's a little dark in my garage right now but I tried to get some photos just the same. The RAM mount parts in the photo all came with the TomTom Rider GPS. It took me a while to get an optimum position where none of the "idiot lights" were being blocked, the steering cleared the GPS and none of the mount hardware was blocking the "A Trip" button.

Wired it into the sub-harness and it turns on and off with the ignition. The GPS slides off the dock for storage by depressing one button.

IMG_1768.jpg
IMG_1769.jpg

Last edited:
Just received the Ram Mount ball today. I mounted it for the picture but haven't actually mounted the gps to it yet. Anyway, the installation only requires tightening a wing nut, and, with the tall screen, it appears to be a couple of mm away from touching the screen. I think it will work just fine!

DSC_0056.jpg

DSC_0057.jpg

DSC_0058.jpg

Last edited:
Just received the Ram Mount ball today. I mounted it for the picture but haven't actually mounted the gps to it yet. Anyway, the installation only requires tightening a wing nut, and, with the tall screen, it appears to be a couple of mm away from touching the screen. I think it will work just fine!

View attachment 18724

View attachment 18723

View attachment 18722

Nice! Were you able to install it without removing the windscreen itself? Or did you have to pull it off to get the clamp in there?

Didn't have to remove or loosen the screen. Just loosened the wingnut until the clamp was wide enough to fit over the cross brace. It literally took less than a minute.

Nice! Were you able to install it without removing the windscreen itself? Or did you have to pull it off to get the clamp in there?

That's the clamp I used on a recent trip to San Diego when we took my GF's NCX. Worked great but I usually use it on my street bicycle.

Back