• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Corbin seat

Dale,
Great seat. I have a very similar seat on my KLR650 that I bought from Saddleman. I really like it.
Is your guy Rocky able to duplicate your seat for other NC700x riders? I would be very interested in purchasing one. Maybe you and Rocky can get a side business going for after market seats! Please let me know.
Thanks,
PCG

Rocky also made a seat for me. Thanks HONDABIKEPRO! Mine should arrive any day know.
So in a week or two I should have my seats and a HONDABIKEPRO skid plate.

Grommets Anyone?

This is to all the members who bought and installed a Corbin Seat on their NC700X.
Did you use any rubber grommets on the two bolts that fasten the seat to the bike when you installed the front seat?
Did you remove the rubber and aluminum grommets from the original seat? And use them to secure the Corbin Seat?
Or did you just use the two stock bolts and washers to connect the Corbin Seat to the bike's frame?:confused:
Thanks

I left the grommets and metal pieces with the stock seat. Tried to fit them but the Corbin doesn't seem to be built for them.

Did a ride in at Corbin yesterday

I went to Corbin Seats in Hollister yesterday to buy a new seat for my NC700X. I have done this previously for my other bikes. I find a ride in appointment gets you a really good seat.
I arrived at 10:00am and met with my favorite builder. First off I noticed the tongue of the seat mock up they had prepared for me was crooked. The seat builder told me he would straighten that and also marked the seat foam with a marker with what I wanted done. I wanted the seat widened at the rear and I also wanted more foam build up in the nose area of the seat plus scooping a pocket for my butt. After about an hour the seat foam had been shaped and tested by me. We then worked on the upholstery material, seam design and additional comfort padding. At 1:00pm the seat was finished. Cleaning up and mounting was next. I then left the Corbin factory and headed home at 2:00pm. I forget to mention that there was only 2 customers getting seats for their bikes, and a third rider came in for a 12:00pm appointment. So not too busy and quick service.
Check out the attached photos for what my custom seat looked like when it was finished.
The finished seat fits perfectly and looks and feels great. IMG_0041.JPGIMG_0037.JPGIMG_0036.JPGIMG_0043.JPG

are they open on Saturdays? otherwise it would cost me $300 to take a day off work, plus the cost of the seat!

seriously, I wish we all had a drive in fitting option..

seat looks great... looks like it would address my concerns with the stock seat. It's not so much sliding forward as is it the lack of support under my thighs... Your seat looks to address that issue... enjoy

Last edited:
Yes, they are open on Saturdays, but only until noon currently. Closed Sunday and Monday.
They have a big bikers celebration on the entire 4th of July celebration. Plus ride in's get a 10% discount during this celebration. The celebration is for Marlin Brando and "The Wild One" movie which was filmed in Hollister, CA.
And my seat gives great thigh support.

Just recieved and mounted my corbin front and rear seat.Took about 10 minutes to do whole job.Only modification I had to do was tweak the right side latch down hook on the rear seat so it would drop into the latch hole.Otherwise everything lined up perfectly.My wife and I went for a 20 mile ride and could tell an immediate difference.Ride height was a little higher,a little wider,and no tendency to slide forward.I am 6'1" 190# and I was very comfortable and she was a little more comfortable over stock.It was only 20 miles but my butt never screamed at me to get off of it.Right now I think it was probably money well spent $670.00 $40.00 of it was shipping.
Has anybody had a GOOD experience with a Corbin seat on a NC ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

++1 !!.
for that much you could go to Rick or Rocky and get one custom made for you,and maybe leather to boot!!.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
But Rick and Rocky aren't any closer to jodey27 than Corbin's, and I doubt very much that their seats would be any better, or less expensive. In fact their seats would be more expensive! At least mine was! Plus I couldn't wait to get rid of the Rocky seat that I had made in Ojai. And the Corbin seats have a top surface made of leather.
So if jodey27 is happy with his new seat, that's what really matters!
"Your results may vary"

For what is worth I was very happy with a Corbin on the BMW I sold for the NC700X. I ride a lot and seat comfort is important....The pleasure of riding is felt long after the pain in the wallet passes.

But Rick and Rocky aren't any closer to jodey27 than Corbin's, and I doubt very much that their seats would be any better, or less expensive. In fact their seats would be more expensive! At least mine was! Plus I couldn't wait to get rid of the Rocky seat that I had made in Ojai. And the Corbin seats have a top surface made of leather.
So if jodey27 is happy with his new seat, that's what really matters!
"Your results may vary"

I thought your Corbin was a off the shelf seat,I didn't know you had a custom one made.

When I ordered my Corbin seat they asked for my weight and height and claimed they were made for each particular rider.I am sure the fiberglass base pans are pre-made and I was surprised at how good the quality of the pans were considering the responses of other folks about this seat.The seat is heavier than stock and all in all everything leads me to believe it is way better quality,better foam,leather seating surface,and lots of angled lines in the stitching that is really nice.I ordered mine on 4-25 and recieved it on 5-7.My local shop wanted $400.00 to add foam and gel inserts and reupholster with a vinyl carbon fiber pattern.I ordered mine identical to what Corbin shows on the nc700 on there website.I am extremely pleased with everything.
I thought your Corbin was a off the shelf seat,I didn't know you had a custom one made.

Jodey27 - is absolutely right. These are all made to order. The base pans and padding are adjusted for height (specs) of rider and shipped out.

I had my "ride in" seat made today. I have to say the whole process is completely awesome. You have liberty to roam the complete factory. I talked to each person working on my saddle. Worked with the builder to chose material, stitching color, pattern size. Almost too many options. Final product is something that feels (rides) great and looks - great to me:)

A couple pics here... and the complete experience on the included link.

4-4-2013_09_06 024.jpg2013_09_06 053.jpg

Last edited:
Corbin has always made the best looking seat you can buy, and Russell Day Long the most comfortable seat you can buy. Why can't someone put looks and comfort together?

I think a custom fit seat should bring more comfort than a non custom seat. From this point forward, I would expect to have a custom fit seat on any bike that even thinks about giving my butt a hard time:)

Although, I used to be very flat footed on the NC, now my heal is raised a fair bit. At least 1.5". But, I was able to handle my cold patched road on the new seat without cussing in my full face helmet.

Back