• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

First ride to work

I'm only get hot when sitting at stop lights. I will switch to mesh gear for local rides in the 90's.

I too hate to see folks riding without the gear. I once went on a group ride and a fellow had his ten year old daughter riding pillion. Helmet was the only protection. She was in shorts.

Welcome to NC ownership. I bought mine last year and have a 50 mile commute one way. I started getting this pain in my butt due to the seat. So this season I decided to invest in a SHAD seat. I rode for the first time this week and notice a significant difference. Before I'd get to work getting off with a limp, not at all now. And log rides I was standing to stretch after 30 miles. I am not a small guy 6'1 280lbs. It was worth the money.

Congrats on your first ride to work Steve, I have been riding with the screen you sold me - Love it so far, still working out the best setup as its not as good as an electric screen you can adjust on the fly , as i had on my FJR - but none the less Waaaayy better than the sad excuse for a stock screen - not quite sure why they even fitted it - haha

Commuting is fun, for me - i get to unwind after work and if i fancy taking the long route i can

For those on the atgatt string - In summer when its hot - i flip to mesh gear - in the winter(41 in the am - 60 in the pm) like now i just where my Kilimanjaro (hi-viz of course) and my BMG pants then when i get into the office i change out of my riding boots to trainers in my cube - helmet in the wonderful frunk

Safe riding all

I believe as long as we're moving, we're cooler with mesh on than without. You don't see any Bedouin in shorts and wife-beaters.

Congrats on your first ride to work Steve, I have been riding with the screen you sold me - Love it so far, still working out the best setup as its not as good as an electric screen you can adjust on the fly , as i had on my FJR - but none the less Waaaayy better than the sad excuse for a stock screen - not quite sure why they even fitted it - haha

Commuting is fun, for me - i get to unwind after work and if i fancy taking the long route i can

For those on the atgatt string - In summer when its hot - i flip to mesh gear - in the winter(41 in the am - 60 in the pm) like now i just where my Kilimanjaro (hi-viz of course) and my BMG pants then when i get into the office i change out of my riding boots to trainers in my cube - helmet in the wonderful frunk

Safe riding all

Thanks, Glad you like the Madstad.

The Joe Rocket Ballistic overpants are great for cold and wet weather, are cheap and a side effect of being so thick and plasticky is they spread out the load on crappy seats. Miserable in the summer though.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I'm a new rider, got my NC for a commuter during nice weather and fun rides. Had 243 miles on it and decided yesterday was the day. It was cool 47f on the way in but in the 60s on the way home. I did fine I just took my time and rode below or at the speed limit. I have a 32 mile round trip to work. Might need a new seat sometime tho, that thing is hard lol.

Same reasons I bought mine. Agree on the seat, I've only done the seat mod and dealt with it. Ride safe and enjoy!

I'd love to commute, but I ride ATGATT and work in an office environment, so having to haul clothes and change is a PITA.

I wer an Aerostich light. shirt and tie environment at work. leave 2 pairs of shoes at the office, brown and black. Stich fits in the top box. works pretty well. I commute in all weather except snow and ice.

Welcome to the commuter club. This bike is perfect for that purpose. I hope it suits you well. I commute to work daily and throughout the year expect in those cases of extreme weather. This bike fits those needs well. Enjoy!

Back