• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Handle Bar ?

One dimension that you must consider is the control length. I saw several bends that I would have liked, but there was not enough control length to accommodate the handlebar controls of the NC700. Bear in mind that most dirt bikes have very minimal controls on the bars and thus do not need much room. I felt like 200mm was the right amount of control length for the manual transmission model. IT may need to be longer on the DCT for all its extra switches and controls. Not sure.

But you don't want to get the bars home and find out that your brake and clutch levers are pointing downhill.

Stupid question: For those of you who changed the bars on your NC, what are you doing about bar end weights? Some of the pics imply you are simply leaving them off. If that is the case, have you noticed significant vibration or other variables not considered?

Stupid question: For those of you who changed the bars on your NC, what are you doing about bar end weights? Some of the pics imply you are simply leaving them off. If that is the case, have you noticed significant vibration or other variables not considered?
Not a stupid question. I just went on line and purchased a pair of traditional bar end weights. There are plenty of choices available. Except for a few manufacturers of motorcycles, most bikes will accept good old traditional bar end weights. Just make sure they have the correct diameter as the inside diameter of your handlebars. Colors, styles, finishes, and weights are never ending.
I like the protective nature of bar end weights and I like the lack of vibrations and stability the bar ends provide.

bent handlebar continued...

So...

I started my own thread as a way of asking for handlebar replacement, after my NC and myself went down at about 12 mph. However, after all the research I have been doing, it seems this is the best thread to note some of my info, since it will probably will be more noticed here, since this is the thread with a higher number of replies, and it is related to handlebar replacement. I might also copy some of the info into the thread I started in order to give it continuity... I really don't know what is the correct way of going about it.

AfmQ73e.jpg

This is my handlebar after I dropped the bike, as you can see it is bent on the right side. Quick note: if you see closely the inside rubber on the handlebar weights is different from the right to the left. My right inside piece got stuck in the handlebar when I removed the weights, hence I had to use the pliers and metal piece to fish it out. Buying the isopropyl alcohol was a must, since it really helped a lot in order to remove the left handle grip.

I will post more pics here as I go on...

Thank you for all your help, on a side note. Does anybody have the KiWAV motorcycle Handlebar Drill Guide? I am thinking about getting it to drill new handlebar. Still debating on the price... Does anybody have any alternatives to simplify drilling into handlebar.

Thank you for looking!

Tony

My right inside piece got stuck in the handlebar when I removed the weights, hence I had to use the pliers and metal piece to fish it out. Buying the isopropyl alcohol was a must, since it really helped a lot in order to remove the left handle grip.

Does anybody have the KiWAV motorcycle Handlebar Drill Guide? I am thinking about getting it to drill new handlebar. Still debating on the price... Does anybody have any alternatives to simplify drilling into handlebar.

Tony

I have used a bit of brake cleaner to re-install the weights when the weather gets warm.

I don't have the hole guide. For my holes I used an automatic centre punch to make a starting point for the drill.

Back