• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Hidden compartment in the frunk

My frunk has hauled burgers and fries for 5 people or a gallon jug of milk or chips and soda for a football game more than a few times, but no bucket of chicken yet.

My frunk has hauled burgers and fries for 5 people or a gallon jug of milk or chips and soda for a football game more than a few times, but no bucket of chicken yet.

I've had two gallons of milk in my frunk, but then realized I was exceeding the maximum weight limit of 5.0 kg (11.0 lb).

Here's what is in my hidden compartment:

Weber BBQ
20# propane container
Meat for grilling
Refreshments
40 qt cooler
Half dozen bags of ice
Lap top
Blender
Suitcase with clothes
12pc place setting
Toolbox with tools
Side car
Road flares
Tent
Sleeping bag
Fishing rod & gear
Pillow
An inflatable companion
Two lawn chairs
A partridge in a pear tree

Your forgot your KY Gel.

Weber BBQ
20# propane container
Meat for grilling
Refreshments
40 qt cooler
Half dozen bags of ice
Lap top
Blender
Suitcase with clothes
12pc place setting
Toolbox with tools
Side car
Road flares
Tent
Sleeping bag
Fishing rod & gear
Pillow
An inflatable companion
Two lawn chairs
That all fits in my Honda's hidden compartment.

My Honda Ridgeline that is ;)
mzg31qxlpnujqje8jvt6.jpg

I wouldn't be surprised to see a picture of a bucket of KFC in someone's frunk show up in the form soon... LOL visualizing it makes you want to go get one!

Weber BBQ
20# propane container
Meat for grilling
Refreshments
40 qt cooler
Half dozen bags of ice
Lap top
Blender
Suitcase with clothes
12pc place setting
Toolbox with tools
Side car
Road flares
Tent
Sleeping bag
Fishing rod & gear
Pillow
An inflatable companion
Two lawn chairs

Yea!
Like that small space/time ship in one of Azimov's (I think) books. It was a small one but once inside it expanded to whatever size was needed. Think lg bed and shower when needed.
When I die that is what I am going to travel in for sure!!
Now I guess the frunk just needs a towel and a tooth brush.

When my friend and I were pulled over for speeding in NH, he had been chatting with the trooper for a while I was emptying out the frunk to get to my registration in the lower compartment when the cop told me to forget it and go ride carefully. "Wait! I'm almost there."

Interesting, but how does one actually open that secret compartment? I have grabbed the edge and yanked it a few times but it feels like it will break before it opens. I would really like there to be an Owner's Manual in there (I bought bike second hand) but have yet to gain access.

Incidentally, I keep my frunk empty when not riding. When I set off for work I put a 10 litre rucksack (containing: note pad, headphones, lunch, etc) in there. When I get to work I take out the rucksack and put my helmet and gloves in there.

Interesting, but how does one actually open that secret compartment? I have grabbed the edge and yanked it a few times but it feels like it will break before it opens. I would really like there to be an Owner's Manual in there (I bought bike second hand) but have yet to gain access.

Use a finger nail or something (like a small screwdriver etc., but be gentle) to depress the centre slot of the little black button. This will cause the semicircular outer edges of the fastener to loosen/expand upwards just barely enough to grab a hold of it with your fingers to pull it out, allowing the trap door to open. :)

Use a finger nail or something (like a small screwdriver etc., but be gentle) to depress the centre slot of the little black button. This will cause the semicircular outer edges of the fastener to loosen/expand upwards just barely enough to grab a hold of it with your fingers to pull it out, allowing the trap door to open. :)

The irony is that page 71 of the USA (2012) owner's manual instructs the owner on how to operate the clip fasteners. However, inside the compartment at the bottom of the frunk is where the owner's manual might be.

Thanks very much for the info. I have now gained access. Alas it was empty, so no Owner's Manual for me. Not sure what I will keep in there. Would a bar of chocolate melt from the heat of the engine?

Thanks very much for the info. I have now gained access. Alas it was empty, so no Owner's Manual for me. Not sure what I will keep in there. Would a bar of chocolate melt from the heat of the engine?

I managed to find a compact tyre puncture plug kit with two air canisters that fits nicely in there.
Mike

Would a bar of chocolate melt from the heat of the engine?

Indeed yes, it gets quite warm in there, lol ;)

Mike's suggestion is an excellent one, though! I too, keep a backup wee emergency puncture repair kit with a couple of co2 cartridges in that space :cool:

Back