• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Highway pegs

what does OD mean? I'm trying to fit a set of pegs to the NC700x right now, and niether of the two sets I've ordered come with a bracket that will fit the NC frame tubing.... not sure if I can buy a bracket at Home Depot .... not sure even sure what I would ask for!

I'm still of the mindset that if you wait till the CT700X comes out, you might be able to order the footpeg from it to use as a highway peg on the NCX.

I'm still of the mindset that if you wait till the CT700X comes out, you might be able to order the footpeg from it to use as a highway peg on the NCX.

Hmmmm... Didn't think of that myself, but a VERY good point!

It would make for an interesting experiment, but even if it fit you'd need the footrest mounts, the foot pegs themselves, and the mounting hardware. It also looks like you'd have to do so much cutting on the chin spoiler to accommodate the mounts that you might as well just leave it off. After everything is totaled up, it might be cheaper and easier to get a skid plate from hondabikepro and bolt highway pegs to that. Either way, if all you're looking for is highway pegs, it seems like an awfully expensive way to do it. In the long run, it would probably be easier and less expensive just to get some mounts for 1 3/8 inch tubing from Kuryakin or some other aftermarket brand and go from there.

Bob

Yes, I tried that. The bracket is the correct size, and it probably works well.... if you have WELDING equipment and know how to use it.

If you can't weld, then it doesn't work very well at all.

All you have to do is take the stuff to a guy in your town who can weld and pay him a few bucks to tack it together for you. Auto garage, truck garage, machine shop, etc.

I would be interested in doing something like this. Can you give more details? Perhaps a picture too?

Since the brackets are 1.5" dia and the frame tube is ~1.4", I had to put something around the frame tube so the brackets would hold. Otherwise the bracket would just spin around the frame tube. I didn't have an old innertube, but did have some rubber patches from an old bicycle repair kit. The patches are a little thin, but are holding OK for now (the rubber keeps the brackets from spinning). I'll likely replace them with slightly thicker rubber whenever I find some.

I wanted to have the bracket tangs pointing forward to allow a longer leg stretch, but the horn on the right side prevented that orientation. I haven't used them much, since I haven't taken any long trips yet. They'll allow me to stretch out a little on trips more than 1 hr. Here are the pics of the left (from above) and right side.

IMAG_0035.jpg

IMAG_0037.jpg

that's good looking work. I've book marked the page for those brackets, so may in a couple paydays I'll get it done.

Back