• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Highway pegs

Porko, How tall are you? I have the same pegs and they seemed a bit of a stretch for me mounting them as you did. I put the clamps on facing rearward and that seemed a better fit for me. I am 5'11 with 32 inseam.
I could sit with my feet on the pegs mounted the way you have yours, but it made me want to recline with my back angled towards the back of the bike. Without a backrest that wasn't comfortable for me as I was holding myself up by hanging on the handlebars.

I haven't had a chance to ride any distance on it yet though so I am unsure if I have a good setup yet.

About same , I have rox risers ,bars are back. Only distance and trial and error will be your answer. Legs straight heel of foot on top of peg, once on peg with riding boots, perfect for the long hauls, just slight knee bend. Years of highway peg use on many bikes this has always worked the best for me. But thats me, each there own.

I have always had highway pegs on my bikes as well. I don't stay on them long....it is really just a way to change it up. I get sore or stiff or just want to air out the gronicals, a change is good. When I ride a bike solo I use the passenger pegs now and again as well. Until I get this saddle modded or replaced, anything helps.

Here is what I did:
These are all Kuryakyn parts.
There is a custom bike shop here that stocks a lot of this stuff. It was handy to go down and poke at it before deciding which parts to get.
The pegs fold up on the same angle as the OEM units. When folded up they stay up and can easily be lowered or taken up with a boot. I am 5'9" and 30" inseam. The location is not quit perfect, but very close for me. I am going to live with them for a while and see how it goes. Did 230 klicks today and I was quite pleased.
The saddle still sucks.

HighwayPegs1.jpg
HighwayPegs2.jpg
HighwayPegs3.jpg
HighwayPegs4.jpg
White-Lake-Road.jpg

I kind of like those. Got some part numbers for those lazy folks like me? Thanks!

pegs: 8002 / Large ISO-Peg, H-D Style Male Mount (pr)

Clamps: 4573 / 1-1/2" Magnum Quick Clamp with Clevis (pr)
Note: the clamps I used were house brand from the shop I delt with, but these guys should work the same. I did use the Kuryakyn clevis(s).

I also thought about using these ones from RIVCO....they say the clamps work for 1-3/8" to 1-1/2" tubing. Perfect for the 1.380 tubing on the NC.
A lot of adjustability there as well.
d_639.jpg

These RIVCO units are here:

Note: The 1-1/2" clamps I used are a tad too big. I had to cut and pre-bent some 1/16" plastic to wrap around the tubing under the clamps.

If you were thinking of the same approx location, (and you have an S...or maybe an X) the port side requires a small hack and slash. There is a tiny little hanger / nipple thing on the inside forward part of the tube. It allows a plastic hose keeper to clip there. I sawed and filed it off. The starboard side hanger can stay (in my case anyway).

pegs: 8002 / Large ISO-Peg, H-D Style Male Mount (pr)

Clamps: 4573 / 1-1/2" Magnum Quick Clamp with Clevis (pr)
Note: the clamps I used were house brand from the shop I delt with, but these guys should work the same. I did use the Kuryakyn clevis(s).

I also thought about using these ones from RIVCO....they say the clamps work for 1-3/8" to 1-1/2" tubing. Perfect for the 1.380 tubing on the NC.
A lot of adjustability there as well.
View attachment 5098

These RIVCO units are here:

Note: The 1-1/2" clamps I used are a tad too big. I had to cut and pre-bent some 1/16" plastic to wrap around the tubing under the clamps.

If you were thinking of the same approx location, (and you have an S...or maybe an X) the port side requires a small hack and slash. There is a tiny little hanger / nipple thing on the inside forward part of the tube. It allows a plastic hose keeper to clip there. I sawed and filed it off. The starboard side hanger can stay (in my case anyway).

Just a heads up on cutting the little tab off and grinding it flat. That hose is the spark plug cable, the rubber hose is the drain.The keeper isolates the cable as well as the chance of getting a frayed plug wire, not good. I left mine stock with the kuryakyn clamps.

Last edited:
Personally I cringe at the thought of installing highway pegs on this beautiful canyon carver.
:p

Old Ladies on pink bicycles with white wicker baskets on the front cuss me for going to slow down canyons.
I hate canyons. They're nerve racking.

Just a heads up on cutting the little tab off and grinding it flat. That hose is the spark plug cable, the rubber hose is the drain.The keeper isolates the cable as well as the chance of getting a frayed plug wire, not good. I left mine stock with the kuryakyn clamps.

Thanks for the heads up and well worth mentioning.
In my case the wire is still isolated with the plastic goober. Zip ties are keeping it all wrangled up. No worries there. I could not get my one clamp where it needed to be without surgery.

One thing that might be worth mentioning... Some of these pegs are not very far out from the frame... meaning you may have to move your feet in towards the frame to put your feet on them, especially if you have the upper wind deflectors installed. In other words you legs would be angled out then you'd angle your lower legs in to get them on the pegs... this may or may not be an optimum riding position for very long.

The guys mounting their highway pegs on engine guards (I don't have any) are getting the pegs out far enough that is not a problem. Some of the highway pegs on here do have arms that move the pegs out farther so you don't get this effect. It's just something worth considering.

Also some of the pegs are more adjustable than others letting you swivel them around to get them in different locations, so you are more likely to be able to adjust them to a comfortable setup.

One thing that might be worth mentioning... Some of these pegs are not very far out from the frame... meaning you may have to move your feet in towards the frame to put your feet on them, especially if you have the upper wind deflectors installed. In other words you legs would be angled out then you'd angle your lower legs in to get them on the pegs... this may or may not be an optimum riding position for very long.

The guys mounting their highway pegs on engine guards (I don't have any) are getting the pegs out far enough that is not a problem. Some of the highway pegs on here do have arms that move the pegs out farther so you don't get this effect. It's just something worth considering.

Also some of the pegs are more adjustable than others letting you swivel them around to get them in different locations, so you are more likely to be able to adjust them to a comfortable setup.

Absolutly important point to mention for sure. I am a short legged Dwarf-like human. Think Gimli. So it is not bad for me to use these pegs where they are now. But having said that; I have been using these for a while and came to the new conclusion that I would like a bit more width and perhaps length, so I will add an extension once I recover from all the other farklization currently under way.

Well I don see anything I like.

I want a mount that will mount where the CTX700 forward pegs mount.

I dont want it to stand out so a semi-flat Black very little shine.

I guess I am going to have to fab something.

I took off the lower front cover perfect mounting bracket, the CTX uses it for it's pegs, I will do the same also there is a place in the front lower body work to go through for mounting.

I have a old tire That I will put to good use.

Looks like 2.5" wide at the mount (2 mounting holes) x 3/16" thk mild steel tapered to 1" wide at the end.

Painted black, then scuff top glue on strip of tire tread to top.

24" x 2.5" x 3/16" of mild steel should be more than enough.

Or I may use the same attachment and make a 2.5" bracket so that I can use a bolt or some all thread and mount a pair of screw on pegs

Last edited by a moderator:
On our 5,902 mile Alaska trip I used my highway pegs probably 5,000 of those miles.I could not have done the trip without them !!!.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup still using them and they have not moved at all after 30,000 miles.I bought the cheapest passenger pegs I could find from a local shop.about $10.

Live life,be yourself !!!!.

I took off my hi way pegs to get ready to trade in my NC.
If anybody wants them you can have for the cost of shipping.
979a7fc8e006b10683afae7663c11e9e.jpg

e40a76f765bb6ce631e9595839ab3a1c.jpg

Live life,be yourself !!!!.

Back