• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Hillbilly Hangout - AR

I got it! 2012 with 2,500 miles ... Wish I could make it up there but it's just too soon. I'm on the lookout for some side case brackets, the rear fender thingy, back rack bracket (?), center stand and wind deflector.
Rode it home w/o ear plugs.....WRONG! Just wanted to see how much buffeting and how loud it is. WAY louder than my Burgman -which I used as a trade-in.

I'll think I'll stick around as long you guys will have me!

Mike C

Last edited:
Here is a question for some of you Arkansas folks. How far is The Pig Trail - Highway 23 Arkansas from were we will be on Scenic 7. I want to ride The Pig Trail and Scenic 7 coming and going? ItLives sent me a PM saying he might be able to ride, sure hope so.3.jpg

PigTrail.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
The full Pig Trail starts at Ozark on Hwy23 and then goes NW on Hwy16 to Fayetteville. Ozark is ~40 miles, along I-40, west of Russellville. Hwy7 coming from the south runs through Russellville. The famous part of the Pig Trail, the Pig Trail Scenic Byway, is Hwy23 From Ozark until it meets with Hwy16 (Brashears, AR). Brashear to where we are staying is ~80 miles and you have 2 main choices to get between the 2. Hwy16 east to Hwy7 then north or stay on Hwy23 then east on 74 to Jasper and then north on Hwy7.

If I had the time, coming from Texas, I would slab it to Hot Springs, stop at the horse track and lose some money, then run Hwy 7 north out of Hot Springs through the Ouachita NF (great ride). When you hit Ola go west on Hwy10, in Havana go north on Hwy309 to go over Mt Magazine, through Paris to Ozark and then pickup Hwy23. 309 runs into 23 right before Ozark.

The full Pig Trail starts at Ozark on Hwy23 and then goes NW on Hwy16 to Fayetteville. Ozark is ~40 miles, along I-40, west of Russellville. Hwy7 coming from the south runs through Russellville. The famous part of the Pig Trail, the Pig Trail Scenic Byway, is Hwy23 From Ozark until it meets with Hwy16 (Brashears, AR). Brashear to where we are staying is ~80 miles and you have 2 main choices to get between the 2. Hwy16 east to Hwy7 then north or stay on Hwy23 then east on 74 to Jasper and then north on Hwy7.

If I had the time, coming from Texas, I would slab it to Hot Springs, stop at the horse track and lose some money, then run Hwy 7 north out of Hot Springs through the Ouachita NF (great ride). When you hit Ola go west on Hwy10, in Havana go north on Hwy309 to go over Mt Magazine, through Paris to Ozark and then pickup Hwy23. 309 runs into 23 right before Ozark.

I just rode Hwy 7 today. I really like that road. Awesome route.

Like Bammamate said. Up and over Magazine on the way to Ozark. An alternative route would be to take 16 east to where 21 goes north (east of Fallsville and west of Deer) and ride through Boxley Valley. Take 74 east to Jasper and pick up 7 and on to the Hub. Going home I'd take 7 south back to Hot Springs. I'm sure we will cover some of those roads on Saturday on the way to Low Gap though. You can't really go wrong with ANY road that leads towards the Hub.
Mike

We are heading up the following week. El dorado on the 21st then hanging out in russelville for the next four days. Meeting up with friends from Louisiana. Love riding in Arkansas. Great roads and their is always a nice cafe in the center of town.

What part(s) of 7 did you ride?

My primary goal was to pick up some geocaches along that route but they were pretty spread out so only stop about 7 times. One of those stops was in a spot called "Scenic 7 Iron Springs". It had just a few picnic benches with BBQ pits and portion of the river/stream that was like a pool with a huge rock as a back drop. Pictures are on the real camera which I'll try to post in another thread. That was an very relaxing spot. Ate lunch there.

Took me 7 hours total. I made stops in Benton and several down Hwy107 back to Cabot.

Sunday Route.jpg

Well, that should do it for the sand on those roads, if all that rain from two fronts last night didn't clear it out, nothing will :D

Weather is looking good for Saturday!
April18weather_zps5db21c59.jpg

It has rained big time here for the last few days. So, Nana Chou gave herself a good fresh new rain bath and is Ready to RIDE some more!1.jpg

SmileyShower.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
Just reserved a cabin near Jasper and looking forward to some good riding and fellowship this weekend with all of you who are able to make it.

I am sadly having to cancel my trip. I either got a bad stomach virus or a case of food poisoning and don't trust that I will be able to make the trip.

I was really looking forward to meeting everyone and I'm sure you all will have a great time. Please take lots of pictures/videos so I can see what I missed!

Sorry to hear about the stomach bug Gary, maybe it will magically clear up and you can make the trip. Looks like we're going to have really nice weekend, rain chances have dropped to 20% early Friday am with a prefect Saturday and storms moving in late Sunday evening.

weekend418_zps05a648e0.jpg

Back