• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Looking at 2012 NC700X

OP: Has your GF looked at a CTX? I think that is the one I might have bought if I had given it a bit more thought.

Here is a DCT/ABS version that you probably already saw in the classified but anyway....

https://www.nc700-forum.com/forum/sell-your-bike-car-truck/13172-2014-ctx700n-dct-abs-2400-miles-so-cal-black-$4900.html

I wouldn't consider a bike too seriously without ABS but that doesn't mean it is right for everyone. I absolutely love the DCT and that is coming from 144,000 miles on a GL1800. If/when Honda adds a DCT to that Hondapotamus I'll be first in line ;-)

The only disadvantage I see with factory luggage (and it isn't that huge) is that it has to stay with the NC. My aftermarket panniers can be moved to any motorcycle that Givi has mounts for. Not a deal breaker by any stretch, but a nice option.

Good luck in your search....

Thanks, the CTX isn't a bad option other than its cruiser ergs and she doesn't care for that seating postion. She prefers being able to stand up on the pegs.

But on another note, the bike I was looking at has been pulled from sale so, the search will continue.

I appreciate everyone's input here. It has been a big help in the process.

Ld_rider brings up a good point about the OEM accessories. Not only that, but you lose the fun of researching and picking your own farkles. I love choosing and installing my own stuff on my bike. Since the bike is no longer available, you have the opportunity to find a better deal.

Weird, since well, the two bikes are mechanically identical. The NC does look more butch, I will give it that ;-)
His comments work for both motorcycles, as a side note I start work between 0230 and 0430 in the morning and my alarm didn't go off I made my 60 mile drive to work in 40 minutes and got to work on time, until the transmission craps out the Ford Taurus isn't a bad car

Back