• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Missing Coffee

Joelt9791

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought the NC this last fall to use as a commuter (70 miles round trip) and I love it and do not foresee me ever going back to a car for a daily driver. Since October I have only driven the car 3 times to work and that was because there was ice on the ground. The only thing I am missing is drinking my coffee on the way to work. I leave my house before 5 am and I admit I don't ever get enough sleep mostly because of our newborn daughter (third child, first girl!) It not really a big deal but I was just curious what other have done/sacrificed to commute on a bike.

Thanks
Joe

I bought the NC this last fall to use as a commuter (70 miles round trip) and I love it and do not foresee me ever going back to a car for a daily driver. Since October I have only driven the car 3 times to work and that was because there was ice on the ground. The only thing I am missing is drinking my coffee on the way to work. I leave my house before 5 am and I admit I don't ever get enough sleep mostly because of our newborn daughter (third child, first girl!) It not really a big deal but I was just curious what other have done/sacrificed to commute on a bike.

Thanks
Joe
I find it easier to control weight by riding my NC. Traveling in my truck I munch, largely out of boredom. Not a problem traveling on my NC. :)

I will however get up earlier to have a cup of coffee before leaving.

I have to admit I use to stop by the local gas station and get a fountain drink and munchies sometimes. Good point, I have probably saved a good chunk switching to a bike.

For me coffee is just about the only thing I don't like to drink through a straw. I like mine hot and black and it isn't the same not sipping from a cup. In the summer i have a camelback in my tank bag to sip water on the fly.

Drinking coffee is so much about the ritual.

Or get one of those coffee cups that plug into lighter socket,would still have to stop to drink.

My dad has a cup holder on his goldwing, he only rides with an open face helmet so when he commutes he takes his coffee with him and drinks it on the go, kinda funny to see him on that thing riding down the highway with 1 hand on the throttle 1 with a coffee cup, haha. He got the adapter at a bicycle shop as I recall.

Contigo coffee cups. I have had several over many years and swear by them. Then get a ram mount cup holder and a modular helmet.

I wouldn't do that. Comuting itself becomes a routine. Adding additional distractions like a phone or coffee cup holder can keep you out of focus exactly at a wrong moment. Better get yourself a Thermos mug and drink your coffee hot as hell when you arrive. I had two accidents while driving. One at my fault. But any of them would not have happened if I were more focused on what a driver must do behind the wheel. I was to comfortable and relaxed with a coffee mug in one hand once and second time I had an urge to switch a tune on my phone...
after I got my NC I don't t touch my phone any more while driving though coffee is still present some times.

Last edited:
In CA traffic is really bad. so lane slitting is the only reason i ride. i get to work in half the time.

i know all the other states are missing out on the lane splitting advantage. but if i could not lane split i would not ride to work as it would take me the same amount of time as in a car.

A car is safer, more comfortable and do not have to wear and buy a bunch of gear.

but nevertheless, i do enjoy the pure experience of riding a motorcycle

Last edited:
In CA traffic is really bad. so lane slitting is the only reason i ride. i get to work in half the time.

i know all the other states are missing out on the lane splitting advantage. but if i could not lane split i would not ride to work as it would take me the same amount of time as in a car.

A car is safer, more comfortable and do not have to wear and buy a bunch of gear.

but nevertheless, i do enjoy the pure experience of riding a motorcycle

Simple solution: RETIRE then you can just RIDE.

I was just throwing out ideas. I throw the contigo cup in the frunk and drink when I get there.

I think I will order one of these contigo cups and do the same. Every once and a while I get stuck in traffic at the Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel because of an accident or disabled vehicle and it would be nice to have some coffee while I wait. Have you had any problems with it leaking?

No. They don't leak at all. They even have ones with a lock so the button can't be pushed on accident but even without they take some force to operate the button. I know the target store where I live sells them and publix if you want to check it out before buying. FYI I don't work for them or anything. But they are amazing. Do get one with the newer style lid the opens inside for easier cleaning and do not put the cup part in the dishwasher or the paint will be removed after a few times.

KleenKanteen with two lids, one sippy and one no spill loop cap. Stop, remove helmet, enjoy the break and drink coffee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back