• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

My CalSci windshield

Good feedback, Dale. appreciate the insights, as always. I am still on the fence with the CalSci sport, vs. the Honda Touring...

I just installed my CalSci medium windshield using the stock rubber nut thingies. I was thinking of using a big washer and lock nut on the bottom 2 mounts and using the rubber nut thingies for the top 2. If I get propelled forward, the top 2 nuts will pop out and the windshield will break at the bottom 2 mounts. Anyone have any thoughts?

Mind posting a pic when you can? I hate unexpected problems, when I could have prevented it in the first place.
these are what the nut plates look like dale

2C4C20B7-2434-40B1-9261-D092C418C442-1100-0000018E1C7201BD.jpg

I read in another thread about several users who installed the PUIG touring windshield. Does anyone know if it has the same problem (mount coming loose at high speed).

How do those nut plates go on? Do they go on from the outside or do you put them on from under the plastic (I'm assuming there's metal under there)?

How do those nut plates go on? Do they go on from the outside or do you put them on from under the plastic (I'm assuming there's metal under there)?
they come from under the main windshield mount, remove the well nuts, hold plate on the bottom of the mount and run windshield bolts threw mount in to nuts. do not tighten, install the other two bolts. and then tighten carefully. dale

Thanks for clarifying. I figured it'd have to be something like that. I might take you up on a set if my Givi shield ever gets in, lol.

I was Dale's guinea pig for his first set of nut plates. I used them to install a Parabellum windshield as my Calsci cracked up and needed to be replaced. They work very well, and are very easy to install. I had a hell of a time getting nuts and washers on the backside of the mounting bolts with the Calsci shield, and it's not possible to do that at all with the Parabellum, so Dale really came through for me.

these are the new nut plates that should fit all shields that bolt to the nc 700 dale

Great work again, Dale!

Of course dammit, it's more stuff that I suddenly can't live without, lol

Are you able to respond to your PM's about the costs on skid plates and other items, or are you up to your eyeballs with demand?

:D

Hey Dale, how does one go about getting a set of plates from you? I think I would feel better having those plates on my CalSci than what is on it now.

Hey Dale, how does one go about getting a set of plates from you? I think I would feel better having those plates on my CalSci than what is on it now.

+1 -- Those look about 20x better than anything I would come up with trying to source nuts/bolts from the hardware store. Let us know how to purchase.

trey

+5 I like the new design. Maybe you should open up your own thread with some contact info? If reasonable, I'd be interested in a set of these.

Got my plates in and installed them this weekend. I was going to take pictures but... Dale's pics pretty much say it all. Fit was perfect. Nice having the peace of mind that my big CalSci is actually attached to the bike in a meaningful way now.

Thanks Dale!

trey

Dale sent mine out on Saturday, so hopefully I'll get mine by Wednesday. I'm with Trey on the peace of mind.

Back