• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

My thoughts and mods.

I know how to rotate in photos but something is lost from my phone to the forum. On my phone they are the correct rotation.

The Photos app likely only changes the EXIF data. If the forums discard that information or the browser ignores it, then it'll still appear in the wrong orientation.

IMG_4981.jpg

I installed the voltmeter over the last couple of days. First thought was to install it underneath the speedometer but there is a metal bar under there that made it not possible. So then I went to location it is now just to the right and the key and had to put it in the bottom right-hand corner due to the locking mechanism underneath that piece of plastic.

I suggest actually looking at the EXIF data and seeing what it says

Because they are white, I'm assuming?
In California the we don't have safety and the law is white or amber in the front and red or amber in the rear.

Lucky SOB's...you can also grow up to 6 marijuana plants per household in CA.. in PA the liquor store are (just recently) open now till 5 pm on sundays(use to be closed completely on sundays). get this thru your head..you can buy a wine(!) only till 5 pm. in specialty store on sunday( a weekend!). not in supermarket,not on gas station. only in state owned and run liquor store. beer? either a case at SPECIALTY, SEPARATED beer store or 6 pack at bar (at bar's price). you can't buy a beer in same liquor store where you buy wine. forget about motorcycles..

My iPhone pictures orient correctly if I send them to Icloud first. If I do not, they rotate.

P.S. In Oklahoma our liquor laws are legendary. Dry until about 1964. No cold beer over 3.2. No cold beer in liquor stores.
No liquor by the drink until 1984. Some of this will change in a year or two.

If I rotate the picture all the way around and click done it seems to lock the orientation in place and works fine. Just took some trial and error but works for me.

Lucky SOB's...you can also grow up to 6 marijuana plants per household in CA.. in PA the liquor store are (just recently) open now till 5 pm on sundays(use to be closed completely on sundays). get this thru your head..you can buy a wine(!) only till 5 pm. in specialty store on sunday( a weekend!). not in supermarket,not on gas station. only in state owned and run liquor store. beer? either a case at SPECIALTY, SEPARATED beer store or 6 pack at bar (at bar's price). you can't buy a beer in same liquor store where you buy wine. forget about motorcycles..
I was told by family that still smokes (I gave it up years ago because of work) that the law is you have to grow it indoors with a built in fire suppression system throughout the whole building (like the fire sprinklers that stick out of the ceiling and spray water) if not your still breaking the law.

I don't drink or smoke so I don't know about those laws. Back to the Nc700x for a moment. I had 3 bottles of ride on left and figured I'd install it. Follow the severe dosage just incase I needed it. Pumped up the tire with my cheap little slime compressor and that was it.

Cost: I paid $10 a bottle. More common is about $15 and it took me 2 1/2 bottles for the stock tires. Thanks to greenboy he has turned me on to quadboss that has better puncture filling claims but I haven't been able to find anything about it balancing the tire as well. This is important because I used to ride bicycles a lot and used slime. When I would ride fast enough the slime would all go to one side of the tire and cause horrible shaking and bouncing. If I can confirm that quad boss will balance the tire too, I'm sure I'll switch because it is quite a bit cheaper than ride on.

Time: time start to finish it took about about 40 minutes. A good chunck of time was waiting for for that compressor to get the rear from 0 to 42psi.

Difficulty: super easy pull valve core out, put the right amount in, clean out valve stem, (I did this because I didn't want and ride on in the chuck of the compressor ) valve core back in, and fill with air.

My thoughts about it: I can't say for the tire protection yet. Speaking of drinking, the reason I decided to install the ride on is the other day some people that were drinking decided to break 10-15 bottles at the end of my street. I cleaned a lot of the big stuff up but there are still hundreds of shards. If one goes through I'll report on the tire sealing. As for the balancing claim. Wow! The ride is quite a bit smoother! Some vibrations I felt before I was attributing to the engine where now it's clear it must have been the tires. Ride on does claim that it will fully balance a tire. I chose to leave my wheel weights on and see if it would change anything or "micro" balance the tire. The difference was noticeable.

Ride on also claims longer tire life because of the balancing effects. I can't attest to that though.

For the short term I certainly recommend the product.

Thanks to greenboy he has turned me on to quadboss that has better puncture filling claims but I haven't been able to find anything about it balancing the tire as well. This is important because I used to ride bicycles a lot and used slime. When I would ride fast enough the slime would all go to one side of the tire and cause horrible shaking and bouncing. If I can confirm that quad boss will balance the tire too, I'm sure I'll switch because it is quite a bit cheaper than ride on.

Any liquid-base tire sealant does the same thing inside the motorcycle tire as far as "balancing" goes.

[Neostorm's Picture]
fe9f3c97ec2564fb27d5c75578a015e2.jpg

So you replaced your stock amber turn signal/running lights with two stage white LEDs? Did you consider switchback LEDs that change from white to amber when you signal?

Does the white light go high-off-high-off when you signal or does it go high-low-high-low? If the latter I would worry about the signal being noticed, especially being a non-standard colour.

I have my aux lights wired to extinguish on the side that is signaling to make sure my stock amber signal is as visible as possible.

Last edited:
I wear a belt and suspenders ; } -- well, anyway, with the better examples it does seem to work as soon as you've rolled a mile or so. But I posit that a greater benefit may be the coolant properties. Maybe.

Anyway, SLIME was crap when I tried it, and my friend at the tire shop said all the tire techs hated the stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
[Neostorm's Picture]
View attachment 32009

So you replaced your stock amber turn signal/running lights with two stage white LEDs? Did you consider switchback LEDs that change from white to amber when you signal?

Does the white light go high-off-high-off when you signal or does it go high-low-high-low? If the latter I would worry about the signal being noticed, especially being a non-standard colour.

I have my aux lights wired to extinguish on the side that is signaling to make sure my stock amber signal is as visible as possible.

Sorry if I wasn't clear in my original posts and pictures. It does turn completely off and on
Compare this referenced photo with this attached one.
IMG_4970.jpg

I briefly looked at switchbacks blinkers till all the ones I found were extremely dim compared to the one I installed.

Down here white can be a standard color for a front blinker

I'm not concerned about these aux lights washing out the blinkers. I followed my wife to our daughters dance recital and she made the comment that with my blinker going behind her it was almost uncomfortable to watch. thats a pretty good idea though. Would both aux lights turn off or just the side that you've turned the blinker on?

Got my bash plate back from the powder coater today. I wish I could've have afforded dales but I couldn't pass up the deal I got on this one. I did get the bash plate to match the rear seat rack from dale that my wife got me for Christmas. I also talked to them about coating the rearsets. That will get rid of pretty much all the silver on my bike.

IMG_4996.jpg

Back