• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

My thoughts and mods.

...I briefly looked at switchbacks blinkers till all the ones I found were extremely dim compared to the one I installed.

Down here white can be a standard color for a front blinker...

Cool beans. With it set us as you describe and with white being a standard colour down there I would not have any issues with that setup. Do you notice any change in usable light when riding? Would you consider wiring them up to go to full brightness when using high beams?

Amber is the only acceptable front signal colour up here. Right now I only have the stock blinkers which would have been washed out if I had my hand guard lights wired conventionally which has more to do with the location of the lights than their brightness (they aren't supper bright)

[video=youtube_share;GVHDEcatkfM]https://youtu.be/GVHDEcatkfM[/video]

I am very happy that I mounted extra lights, I am sure they make me more visible (safe) and it's good to have redundant systems when things go wrong. This summer on my way home from BC first my low beam died, then the next day the high beam died leaving only the lights on my handguards. They throw a decent flood but don't go that far, I just rode a bit slower so I could stop in time if I got surprised by a moose.

I'm considering swapping out the LEDs with switchbacks and adding better aux lights where the signals are now, and add some sort of side-facing indicators.

Last edited:
Cool beans. With it set us as you describe and with white being a standard colour down there I would not have any issues with that setup. Do you notice any change in usable light when riding? Would you consider wiring them up to go to full brightness when using high beams?

Amber is the only acceptable front signal colour up here. Right now I only have the stock blinkers which would have been washed out if I had my hand guard lights wired conventionally which has more to do with the location of the lights than their brightness (they aren't supper bright)

I am very happy that I mounted extra lights, I am sure they make me more visible (safe) and it's good to have redundant systems when things go wrong. This summer on my way home from BC first my low beam died, then the next day the high beam died leaving only the lights on my handguards. They throw a decent flood but don't go that far, I just rode a bit slower so I could stop in time if I got surprised by a moose.

I'm considering swapping out the LEDs with switchbacks and adding better aux lights where the signals are now, and add some sort of side-facing indicators.

I'll reply more later but I think that was really smart of you to have your hand guard leds turn off. It really helps your turn signals stand out.

I tried my hand at skeet...I hit 12...IN 2 ROUNDS! LOL

I'd like to blame my Mossberg 500, but that wouldn't be fair. Guess I'll stick with IDPA.

It's just like anything else. Practice and more practice. This summer I'd like to get more involved in action pistol this year. We'll see

I tried to order an engine guard from mmoto and I never heard anything so I had to start the process of getting my money back and research which crash bars I'm going to get now. I'm thinking of just getting the sw motech.

Anyone know a cheap replacement for this?
Price isn't bad it's the shipping from across the ocean
cc3c550e66b8c229a74a5f3a79a97c3c.jpg

Last edited:

I don't know if you'll get many responses in this thread but I know a lot of people use small diameter medical tubing with a tight fitting zip tie for home made oilers. Hopefully you'll find a good solution.

I notice a small difference of light after changing the blinkers. Only within the first 20 ft or so. When I put the blinker on it is quite easy to see what the blinker is contributing.

I'm glad you had those extra lights. It is quite the scary feeling riding or driving at night with no lights.

If you decide to get some more auxiliary lights. I'd stay away from the Denali d2's and go with a light pod set up more for off road vehicles like black oak led. Or if you have the money, Clearwater darlas are awesome too! Glenda's are along the same lines as the d2's. Good to be seen but not very good for seeing. In my opinion of course.

About 10 months ago I just sucked up the price and bought like 3 of them since I think I will be keep this system for a long time. Now I have extra if it wears out or gets damaged or lost. They were $10 each with $9 shipping. I think the price is outrages but could not find anything else close to it that I could make work.

About 10 months ago I just sucked up the price and bought like 3 of them since I think I will be keep this system for a long time. Now I have extra if it wears out or gets damaged or lost. They were $10 each with $9 shipping. I think the price is outrages but could not find anything else close to it that I could make work.
Yeah figured I would do the same. Yes very happy with the system as a whole but not cheap. I heard awhile ago there is someone in the U.S. that is authorized dealer now, I think on the East coast but at least it's on this continent.

Hi Neostorm,

I'm sort of in the same situation as you and from So Cal. Looking everywhere for a used NC700X as my commuter. Having issues with my current bike so I want something more reliable. Seems like all the good deals are on the east coast and there are no bikes for sale on this forum. Keep your upgrades coming and your reasons against DCT.

Hi Neostorm,

I'm sort of in the same situation as you and from So Cal. Looking everywhere for a used NC700X as my commuter. Having issues with my current bike so I want something more reliable. Seems like all the good deals are on the east coast and there are no bikes for sale on this forum. Keep your upgrades coming and your reasons against DCT.
Owners Chat (with pics!): Honda NC700X | Adventure Rider

Hi Neostorm,

The red one your looking at is a good deal especially without the exhaust. P.S. You could always take the plastic off and paint them another color if you don't like the red

The red one your looking at is a good deal especially without the exhaust. P.S. You could always take the plastic off and paint them another color if you don't like the red

Thanks rippin. I would have preferred to take longer time but I'm sort of under a time constraint so I'm probably going to be an owner of that bike. Looking forward to becoming a contributor to this forum!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't think I'd want anything colored red either, but I really prefer it to black, silver, gray and I've really come to like it...

Back