• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

My thoughts and mods.

Neostorm

Reaction score
Visit site
I do a lot of research before I buy something, so I read more on forums than I participate. However, some of the threads that I like the most are when one person tracks not only what they have done but why they did it and if it did or did not work for them. I figured that I would try to do something similar here. There will be no rhyme or reason to the order of the posts in this thread, more just randomness thrown up on the Internet.

So to start with, being that today is Thanksgiving I wanted to let everyone here know that this is probably the nicest forum that I have ever seen. It is all too common, especially for original form members to rag on new members for not searching enough for bringing up a heated topic like best oil or tires. Here it seems that people are given the benefit of the doubt and questions are answered and help it's given with genuine and sincere honesty and goodness. So thank you for helping me to understand all of the knowledge about this motorcycle And making me feel welcome and part of the community.

On to a mod I recently did. My bike is almost all black and red and the turns signals just stood out like a sore thumb. I switched them out. I did have to alter the peg that the screw taps into a little bit but it was no more than 5 minutes total with the dremel. IMG_4862.jpg

Sorry this is sideways. Not sure how to rotate it yet

Last edited:
On to a mod I recently did. My bike is almost all black and red and the turns signals just stood out like a sore thumb. I switched them out. I did have to alter the peg that the screw taps into al little bit but it was no more than 5 minutes total with the dremel.

In an unfortunate mishap involving hubris, excessive speed, and the sharpest curve on the Tail of the Dragon, I managed to damage my left turn signal. It's not broken, just tweaked, but it looks like I have to take half the bike apart to replace it. Since you just did this, can you confirm what parts have to come off to swap out the turn signal?

P.S. It seems to me that pics can only be posted in landscape mode. I've had the same problem on numerous forums, so I've just learned to always take pics with my phone rotated 90 degrees counterclockwise.

just manage the EXIF info that's embedded as metadata in the image. I'm guessing it has to do with options you've set or not set on your phone or camera. Or the data was stripped away at some point.

Last edited by a moderator:
In an unfortunate mishap involving hubris, excessive speed, and the sharpest curve on the Tail of the Dragon, I managed to damage my left turn signal. It's not broken, just tweaked, but it looks like I have to take half the bike apart to replace it. Since you just did this, can you confirm what parts have to come off to swap out the turn signal?

P.S. It seems to me that pics can only be posted in landscape mode. I've had the same problem on numerous forums, so I've just learned to always take pics with my phone rotated 90 degrees counterclockwise.

I'm sorry. I don't think I'll be much help. I haven't taken apart my fairings at all yet. This was just a swap of the amber lens for the clear on. Do you have the shop manual?

Ya I just tried to take another picture but it is so bright out that most of the picture was washed out. I'll try again.

Is your clear turn signal lens a genuine Honda part from a different model, or is it an aftermarket item? I'm interested in doing this so I can have white LED running lights and amber signals.

Is your clear turn signal lens a genuine Honda part from a different model, or is it an aftermarket item? I'm interested in doing this so I can have white LED running lights and amber signals.

It is a genuine part from Honda. I got the part numbers from a thread on the forum here.
Left side is 33652-mfl-307
Right side is 33602-mfl-307

image.jpg

In the picture you can barely see the tab that aligns the lens that I'm pointing at with the pliers. That tab on the clear one doesn't align properly. That is where I used the dremel to cut off part of those tabs. To make sure they align right, I put them on and as I started to tap the screw i would hold the entire assembly with my left hand and tightened it with my right and they went in flush. I hope this helps

just manage the EXIF info that's embedded as metadata in the image. I'm guessing it has to do with options you've set or not set on your phone or camera. Or the data was stripped away at some point.

Thanks. I can could figure that out on the computer easy enough. Is that possible on the iPhone?

The Honda parts for this are outrageously expensive.

It isn't that hard, but it is 2 panels. PM me with email if you want details.

Thanks. I can could figure that out on the computer easy enough. Is that possible on the iPhone?

Dunno, when I take any phone pics it's with an Android and if I recall it always gets the EXIF data right for either portrait or landscape. Probably some app out there you could mess with that would solve the problem if the iPhone doesn't have a setting for this...

I don't know if this bugs anyone else but when you run into the reserve how that piece of information takes over the dash. I'm fine with it alerting me once but after I change it back to my instant mpg it changes back! Oh well. I still like the bike, just a pet peeve

why I bought the Nc700x.

Last November after much convincing, my wife finally let get another motorcycle. At the time it was clear that I was probably only going to have one. So... I bought my dream bike. A BMW s1000rr. (I've always been a sport bike guy.) the power, the design. Just love it. I used that bike to commute every day I could. Despite being a sport bike it is fairly comfortable. Fast forward to July of this year, I thought I'd look for something a little more economical. Liking sport bikes
I was looking at the 300ish class. I had pretty much decided on the rc390. It was still a dream though. (Remember I have a wife) ;) I then went on a backpacking trip in the Tetons with my dad and my little bother. At a little breakfast place we ran into a guy on a BMW 700 or800 that had been out for 3 weeks. We decided that our next trip together would be on adventure motorcycles for a week or two. (If you're keeping track we are up to 2 more bikes now) I came home that trip and looked at looking at the gs bikes but something just didn't sit right about them. So what do I do? Start googling! "Best adventure bike" "BMW gs vs ...." the Nc700x hadn't really come up in many of my searches. As I was looking it became apparent that my commuting bike was going to have to wait if this adventure bike was going to happen. Ultimately, I decided that I was going to buy the least expensive used bike that would meet the needs of the trip no matter what. That's where I found out about the Nc700x as a serious contender. The more I looked at it the more I realized that it it not only met my adventure criteria AND my economy criteria AND my commuting criteria. I started my research and Craigslist seemed to be the best place to find a used bike sufficiently farkled out to help cut down on future costs. All the bikes on Craigslist that had better options were all dct. (Maybe in another post I'll go into detail why didn't want the dct) I was patient and just kept looking. I stumbled across a bike for sale her on the forum that had low miles, lots of options, and quite a bit cheaper than anything else I had seen to date. So far I love the bike. I know it's not perfect and has its shortcomings but for me it is the best bike for the money. Now I'm on the slow path to getting it set up to be the best combination of commuting and adventure.

So the led 1157 bulbs came in for the front turn signal. They clams to put out 1700 lumens! When they are blinking I believe it!!!
I was curious about how the 1157 led would work and a little hesitant if they would be bright enough and clear to see when blinking.

When the running light is on I would guess they are about 850 lumens. When you turn the blinker on they go full brightness then off and on from there.

Here you can see the stock vs the led.
IMG_4969.jpg

Here you can see the left blinker in flash mode and how bright it is
IMG_4971.jpg

I'm sure the pics are sideways. Sorry about that.

2104fe249fa35483401cf49cddc49575.jpg

fe9f3c97ec2564fb27d5c75578a015e2.jpg

On to a mod I recently did. My bike is almost all black and red and the turns signals just stood out like a sore thumb. I switched them out. I did have to alter the peg that the screw taps into a little bit but it was no more than 5 minutes total with the dremel. View attachment 31864

Do you use Apple products?

Do you use Apple products?

Thank you for flipping those. I do have an iPhone in talking with other people that does seem to be the culprit. The very first picture I posted on the forum I took with my phone but it remained in the correct orientation. I'm going to lock orientation and try again. How did you rotate those?

Thank you for flipping those. I do have an iPhone in talking with other people that does seem to be the culprit. The very first picture I posted on the forum I took with my phone but it remained in the correct orientation. I'm going to lock orientation and try again. How did you rotate those?
No problem happy to help. I saved them to my phone and then rotated and put them back. I have a android. I used a iPhone for 2 years, not owning anything else Apple it was a pain so I want back to android. If you get a top of the line android phone they do about the same as a cheap laptop now

Back