• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Seat mod......slope change

Any pics that show how the seat conforms, or doesn't, to the body shape of the bike?

Post three first page shows a picture from the side.......the gap between the side cover and the seat bottom side increases by about 1/2 inch. Most caual observers would not notice the new wider gap.

Post 1 shows pictures the front of the seat being closer to the trunk opening by the same amount.

There is a picture of the aftermarket Sargent seat in another thread and the front of their seat appears to be about the same distance from the trunk opening front (higher) guessing they want the sloop reduced too.

Last edited:
Today was the first time I got to ride after the seat mod. I can say that not once did I slid forward, not once. I will now keep the stock seat.

Today was the first time I got to ride after the seat mod. I can say that not once did I slid forward, not once. I will now keep the stock seat.

I can envision Corbin reps reading this thread and developing nervous twitches.... while Sargent reps are saying, "I told you so!"

:p

trey

I can envision Corbin reps reading this thread and developing nervous twitches.... while Sargent reps are saying, "I told you so!"

:p

trey

I hope Honda reps read the thread and fired their seat design engineer.

Greg

I hope Honda reps read the thread and fired their seat design engineer.

Greg

i wish they would, the engineers must have Velcro on they butts, i ride allot of different bike every day, and allot of them slide you into the tank, cant they just make a flat seat ??

Here is my mod. Thanks to those who led the way.
8438933663_481e9ea223_c.jpg
8440022122_236eca7585_c.jpg
8440022828_98f85319b3_c.jpg
8440023634_fded1b4e56_c.jpg

Guys, the question to those who had that mod for a while.
How is the pan holding up? It seems that since there is no support for the middle of it (as it is not laying on anything like in the OEM set up) I would expect it to deform and sag somewhat under your weight?

I don't have the bike yet, so I may be wrong... ????

Thanks!

Guys, the question to those who had that mod for a while.
How is the pan holding up? It seems that since there is no support for the middle of it (as it is not laying on anything like in the OEM set up) I would expect it to deform and sag somewhat under your weight?

I don't have the bike yet, so I may be wrong... ????

Thanks!

The seat support is the four rubber bumpers two in the front (on the seat bottom) two in the rear (on the frame)........so if done correctly the load and support location is really not changed from stock.

Last edited:
No problems here, must have 1500 miles since mod. As showkey states the front needs some support and that's it. Under the middle of the seat is a soft rubber tube, it may be a gas tank vent, if the seat was to rest on it, it would be squashed.

I was excited about this mod. I made a bracket to keep the seat in place when raised to the top of the original mounting bracket and was quite pleased at first. However, the longer I rode with the front of the seat lifted the more pain I experienced between my legs.....not good. I had to drop the seat back down and have found it more comfortable for me. I liked the fact that the seat no longer sloped to the front but the pain became too great. Bummer! I was hopeful this was going to do the trick. Good idea though.
Mike

I was excited about this mod. I made a bracket to keep the seat in place when raised to the top of the original mounting bracket and was quite pleased at first. However, the longer I rode with the front of the seat lifted the more pain I experienced between my legs.....not good. I had to drop the seat back down and have found it more comfortable for me. I liked the fact that the seat no longer sloped to the front but the pain became too great. Bummer! I was hopeful this was going to do the trick. Good idea though.
Mike
Sorry to hear! Hope you are OK now!!! Seat-shmeat.... Gotta protect the goods! :)

I would like to pull off the seat cover contour the foam and put in a gel pad also good to put the male nerve relief in the center of the seat and maybe a memory foam insert in the middle of the seating position

Last edited by a moderator:
Did the mod today,I had extra time after rebuilding my sidecar rigs forks.
It took me about a hour and cost about $2.50 ( I bought Allen head bolts ).
I haven't ridden it yet but just sitting on it I can feel a difference.Seat Concepts will have there new foam and cover available in 2 weeks so I will probably go that route.But until then we'll see how this works.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367103072.439890.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367103103.195392.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry that my first post is a question.
A little rude I know.
I am fairly comnfortable on my saddle as it is....but I need to either replace or rebuild the passenger saddle so that it is more level. Because the whole pan can be removed, I thought to buy another and send it to a seat guy. But if anyone has an idea or two to modify the existing one I would be grateful. Or....if an aftermarket unit exists a point in the right direction would also be appreciated.
Great forum by the way. I will be spending some time here for sure.
Tim in Kelowna BC....Canucklia.:)

Hi Timtone, welcome here!
I have no infos with the passanger's seat, but as short as I tested, it is similar to the front.Best thing is to find a shop where you can get the seat upgraded.

I got a put-on gel pad for the seat and put a foam under it to raise the front. Lifting it about 2 cm-s from the front to the centre made the seat straight and no more forward slope, no more knee problem. But the seat remained so hard for me ( previously have had a CBR250R and the seat was quite good ).
So I went to a local guy and the seat will be remade next week. With built-in gel pad ( softer, than the put-on version ) 2 cm-s raise and new cover, approx. 150$.
This is exactly that money I spared not buying the rear hugger but cut ot a trash can and attached between the suspension and the tyre as someone else did it very well.

BTW, I was thinking to make the seat upgrade myself, but buying the necessary tools and foams would cost about 50-80$.

Hi Timtone, welcome here!
I have no infos with the passanger's seat, but as short as I tested, it is similar to the front.Best thing is to find a shop where you can get the seat upgraded.

I got a put-on gel pad for the seat and put a foam under it to raise the front. Lifting it about 2 cm-s from the front to the centre made the seat straight and no more forward slope, no more knee problem. But the seat remained so hard for me ( previously have had a CBR250R and the seat was quite good ).
So I went to a local guy and the seat will be remade next week. With built-in gel pad ( softer, than the put-on version ) 2 cm-s raise and new cover, approx. 150$.
This is exactly that money I spared not buying the rear hugger but cut ot a trash can and attached between the suspension and the tyre as someone else did it very well.

BTW, I was thinking to make the seat upgrade myself, but buying the necessary tools and foams would cost about 50-80$.

Excellent, thanks for the speedy reply Mikee.
The seat that this thread is about looks wonderful, and I can see myself going in that direction eventually....but for now, I am just trying to get my girl a little more comfortable. You ideas are good. I know a guy that works with custom bike builders, I am going to give him a ring to see if he knows someone locally that might be able to help us out.
Cheers.

So reply to me : after I got the reworked seat, the problem still exist :( I figured out, what are the main problems :
The seat still has a forward slope, but it can be raised by 2 rubber dots under a the front part, as others did.
The other problem is ( the main for me ) the seat doesn't have a flat surface. So sitting on it for a while I feel like I'm sitting on a bicycle. It doesn't have the proper support for my butt, but between it has a hard push upwards on each bump ( we have only bumpy roads, the whole country roads are bumpy at 80%. I Should had bought a CRF ... :) )
Pictures later this week, when I will recushion and remake the seat.

For ya guys I hope, the group buy seat concept will have a good result for everyone!

Back