• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

So what did you do TO your NC700 today.

Should this thread be made a Sticky?

• Yes.

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • No.

Votes: 20 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Loosen and remove one (and only) rear Phillips screw:

Pop out rear plastic fastener only, no need to remove the one at the front:

After the one screw and one plastic fastener are removed, gently pull back and slightly upwards on the fake air duct, to disengage it from the cargo trunk main body. You will see approx. 6-7 tangs on the bottom edges of the duct, which match slots in the lower main bodywork.

Storage space opened up:

Air Pump package pulled out:

Air Pump Contents; Slime Mini Compressor and one SAE to 12V Female power socket cord. (12V socket does not come with Air Pump, you must source that seperately. ***Not shown, is a Battery Tender SAE pigtail attached to the battery, with the lead tucked away for easy access, on the upper left frame tube, directly beside the engine's left cylinder***) :

All repacked in heavy duty ziploc bag. (note; "storage compartment" is open to the elements on the inside area of the fairing, must protect anything stored from water!) :

Being tucked away back inside, ready in case ever needed :) :

I have a flat repair kit consisting of a rasp/reamer tool, plug applicator tool, 6 string or "gummy worm" style plugs, rubber cement, valve core removal tool, spare stem cap, 6 CO2 cartridges and one cartridge-to-valve stem adaptor tucked away in the secondary storage compartment inside the main trunk, and in behind the passenger seat cubby. (along with a large cargo net in there, too. Amazing what can be tucked away!)

Thanks to Beemerphile for astute pointers!

Last edited:
I nuded her for the first time :eek: This lady has so many secrets...

21102012790.jpg

I'm just getting the dreaded Red X here. :(

Edit- cleared cookies, temp files and cache, shut down, restarted, refreshed and now all is good! Picture fine. :cool:

Last edited:
Picture works for me.

Lane, you might wish to point out that after removing the screw and trim clip to pull the duct towards the rear to disengage the many tabs.

Heh heh, well pointed out! I vaguely considered putting that in, but lazy-ed out lol. :eek: I will add it...

L.B.S. Storage Storage, read all about it!!!
Wow, that's a good bit of storage revealed. To be able to carry necessities/tools, etc and not eat into my helmet storage is practically awesome!!!

Thanks for sharing :)

L.B.S. Storage Storage, read all about it!!!
Wow, that's a good bit of storage revealed. To be able to carry necessities/tools, etc and not eat into my helmet storage is practically awesome!!!

Thanks for sharing :)

:eek: Awe shucks, 'tweren't nuthin', but thank you ;)

I do realize it's truly a kindergarden effort in the true scheme of things. Of that, I'm not under any illusions lol. There are many folks here like Beemerphile in particular, who made numerous mentions of all the real estate lurking in them thar panels! Most greatful to their pioneering firsts and helpful pictures! :cool:

I went for about a 140 mile ride, posted a couple pics in the calendar thread, but wanted to share a little after reading the recommendations for ear plugs. Last week when I went with the Harley Sportsters, we went up a pretty winding pass, lots of elevation changes. On the way back, my ear popped and it really hurt, did it a few times, was sensitive the whole day, and still a little sore the next day. I have a medical clinic on site where I work, so I walked across the parking lot and had them take a look. First she thought my eardrum was ruptured, then decided it was just pulled tight against the bones in my ear due to my Eustachian tube being pinched or clogged from allergies. So, she started me on Mucinex D. ear felt fine after 3 days, but then I had an allergic reaction to the Mucinex (that's just my luck). Anyway, I'm making this story too long, but my left ear was still pretty sensitive to wind noise inside the helmet, so I decided to wear some disposable ear plugs on my ride yesterday, and i'm a firm believer now. So much nicer, no pain, no ringing. If you haven't already. TRY IT!! And thanks for the good advice to all who recommended it!

Lane, you might wish to point out that after removing the screw and trim clip to pull the duct towards the rear to disengage the many tabs.

+1,000,000 Very important point, there are two tabs almost hidden there (two tabs at each side) that you need to remove to have the side body out

Today I looked out the window and after seeing the fog and rain I looked at the car and thought "Ferk you". Nothing like riding in the wet sometimes as long as you have the correct kit of course!

Please, L.B.S., could you point to where to buy that toy?

It's a "Slime Tire Top Off"

model number 40020

With LED light and air pressure gauge. 12V

Sometimes called "mini pump" "mini air pump" "tire pump" or "mini air compressor" and so on. Occasionally you have to try several different variations on a theme to track down the right thing.

At times a seller will even spell the name incorrectly, and you will never find them (like on EBay) unless you either accidently spell the name/title/part number wrong too, lol.

Here is a quick link to a fast ebay search, there will be plenty out there.

slime top off | eBay

I got mine at a local pharmacy store, of all weird places. The cost is usually anywhere from 10.00 bucks to 30.00, depending on luck and what you stumble upon.

Last edited:
I did not quite get it.
Why unscrew to "reveal" a hidden storage compartment?
Can someone modify it so that it can be opened easier (without screw and maybe a latch mechanism) and perhaps just like the Goldwing side panel thingy?

Good place to "hide" a pack of whatever....
:p

I did not quite get it.
Can someone modify it so that it can be opened easier (without screw and maybe a latch mechanism) and perhaps just like the Goldwing side panel thingy?

'cause then it wouldn't be hidden, silly rabbit.

I did not quite get it.

Uh...I don't quite follow.

Why do it? So I can utilize otherwise wasted space.

It takes about 10-15 seconds to open the trunk, remove the screw, pop out the plastic mushroom pin and slide the duct off.

My BMW, you had to:

-unlock and remove the seat. (this especially sucked when you had a tailpack or cargo strapped to the seat!)
-remove the fiddly to get in and out two piece screwdiver/torx and handle combo inside the bottom of the seatpan.
-assemble the torx drive and handle.
-remove the tankbag on the faux tank.
-remove and not lose 10 bloody hard to turn tiny torx screws.
-find a place to set aside the insanely expensive and delicate centre panel of the faux tank.
-dig out the flat repair kit in the indent on top of the airbox made for exactly this.

Repeat for reassembly.

With the NC storage, I could probably have it off and on again 5 times before even getting the BMW's panel off once.

I've had other bikes where you needed a tool or screwdriver to remove the sidepanels to access behind the bits behind them (fuse panel etc.) as well.

I saw a Ducati Multistrada that had a cool hinged storage panel. The owner literally couldn't fit his wallet in it. He showed me when I said "hey,cool storage panel!" lol

I'm fine with a 15 second to open, no key required, "free" storage compartment that holds an airpump, heehee.;)

Maybe not so good to hide a "pack" of anything though, Happy. You can see what's in there from looking near the top triple clamp area :p

Last edited:
It's a "Slime Tire Top Off"

model number 40020

With LED light and air pressure gauge. 12V

Sometimes called "mini pump" "mini air pump" "tire pump" or "mini air compressor" and so on. Occasionally you have to try several different variations on a theme to track down the right thing.

At times a seller will even spell the name incorrectly, and you will never find them (like on EBay) unless you either accidently spell the name/title/part number wrong too, lol.

Here is a quick link to a fast ebay search, there will be plenty out there.

slime top off | eBay

I got mine at a local pharmacy store, of all weird places. The cost is usually anywhere from 10.00 bucks to 30.00, depending on luck and what you stumble upon.

Many thanks! Ordered one!

Had a pair of MT60rs but on on Friday. Saturday, I picked up a roofing staple in rear of coarse. Setting at dealer waiting for a Tkc to be put on rear. A lot more sand then I remember in Az. Front Tkc on order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back