• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

So what did you do TO your NC700 today.

Should this thread be made a Sticky?

• Yes.

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • No.

Votes: 20 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
My Ixil Hyperflow silencer/muffler has arrived today, and I will fit it tomorrow when my bike comes back from it's first service....Yay!! :)

We expect mucho pictures and detailed report obviously :cool:

I am really on the fence about a slip on for my NC. I have a Giannelli full pipe and carbon can on my CBR, but it's not a Silencer so much as a Loudener, lol.

One of the things I do like about the 700, is I can stealth about whisper quiet, in an urban "dual sport" scenario, without attracting unwanted attention or frowns.

I would love to take a bit of weight off though, and I love the look of a black carbon muffler versus a shiny chrome-like look, and I would love a little more of the bassy, burbly sport V-Twin-esque sound the NC makes.

Auugh. Indecision dammit!

I had the day off today, and since it was snowing (BOOOO!), I worked on wiring up some led lighting for my Givi E460 top box. It will have running lights, turn signals, and brake lights. The running lights will be dimmed to ~50% brightness, then will go to 100% when I hit the brake. I will post up a video of it working when I finish. I am waiting on some waterproof connectors to arrive so I can cleanly wire into the stock harness.

My Ixil Hyperflow silencer/muffler has arrived today, and I will fit it tomorrow when my bike comes back from it's first service....Yay!! :)

Did you manage to find the one with a black end or did you just go for the all silver one? Good to hear you have finally got an after market can :)

:p
It's the price we pay for having several amazing canyons and mountain passes with twisty roads all over the place. ;)

Yes I have visited such places in a time we call summer, when the heat is high and the rains fall daily. It is the time Floridans travel to distant curvy roads and pay too much for local roadside trinkets.

We expect mucho pictures and detailed report obviously :cool:

I am really on the fence about a slip on for my NC. I have a Giannelli full pipe and carbon can on my CBR, but it's not a Silencer so much as a Loudener, lol.

One of the things I do like about the 700, is I can stealth about whisper quiet, in an urban "dual sport" scenario, without attracting unwanted attention or frowns.

I would love to take a bit of weight off though, and I love the look of a black carbon muffler versus a shiny chrome-like look, and I would love a little more of the bassy, burbly sport V-Twin-esque sound the NC makes.

Auugh. Indecision dammit!

My usual full reports consist of about 2 lines...lol :) I'll definitely do some piccies of the fitted item for you. :)

Did you manage to find the one with a black end or did you just go for the all silver one? Good to hear you have finally got an after market can :)

In the end I opted for the stainless steel one as it was quite abit cheaper....tight git.....did I hear you say...lol
Though really I would have preferred the blackun with chrome caps.

Hooked up with my co-worker Dale and we took the Wild Hogs route to Madrid NM and onward to just outside Santa Fe. Cold heading through the canyon to Sandia Park, warmed up on the way past Madrid. The saddle was a bit hard for the 3 hour ride but I need to stand up more. Wind was pretty steady out of the west on the interstate south of Santa Fe, may need to shell out for the bigger windscreen. I'll wait until I have a longer trip planned, around town the flyscreen is fine. Sylvia handled the 150 mile day fine. Fitted 3 sandwich box takeouts into the helmet well for the family dinner on the way home. Love this bike!

Well yesterday I rode out to Western Honda. They had a new automatic. No test rides. Today I could not stand not riding one. It could not hurt to have another one for when friends and family come to Az. I now have about 70 miles on it. It operates just like a car. (You feel like a fool, pushing the drive button and nothing happens. The salesman came out , kickstand). It is real easy to ride slow. But the best part is standing on the pegs on a gravel road, just twisting the throttle and going like a bat out hell with out shifting. These are great bikes.

I got my new Battlax rear tire and got it on to replace the one with the plugged nail hole. Thanks to all who poked at me enough to get it done. Now Mrs. BttrThnWrk can breathe a sigh of relief. I got what seems like am okay price - $150, including tax for the tire.

Put a wood plank on the garage floor, rolled the nc over it, and center standed the bike. Removed the battery, added more stabil, (added some on the ride home from filling the tank). Winter storage. But now the modifying begins, I'll have all winter to get it right. first up, 40mm lowering links on the rear shock.

I haven't rode for more than an hour total in 3 days because I've been tearing down and working on a 115 hp Johnson 2 stroke V-4 from my boat. It had a gasket in the water passages on the head collapsed and pack with sand, I figured while I was in there I might as well overhaul it so I don't have to worry for a while. Its made me crazy because now I have a water seep in the new head gasket...man it's always something.

Got the letter from Honda today, telling to check the bike's chain. Well, the bike is way back in the garage as the winter season has arrived here in Sweden now. Small amounts of snow and temps below the freezing point is what we got at the moment... The new ordered Puig dark smoke screen is on its way so there is something to do to the bike in a few days, except hooking up the battery charger to keep the battery well charged during this winter storage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back