• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

So what did you do TO your NC700 today.

Should this thread be made a Sticky?

• Yes.

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • No.

Votes: 20 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It appears you were successful in finding that unusual screw that was left out of your shipment. I thought that it would be very difficult finding a a screw with those unusual threads.
Looks nice, I hope it works as well as it looks!

I have not found it. I did contact the supplier and they have already mailed out a replacement. The bracket is held on by one screw but is very stable. Since the wind impacts the bottom side first that is where the screw is.

Installed the Puig Touring screen on my wife's NCX. That took all of 5 minutes. Would post a picture but I'm sure everyone pretty much knows what that looks like by now.:rolleyes:

Wind Protection?

Searsboy,
How is the wind protection of the PowerMADD Tri-Mount Handguards? They look good and I like the way they mount. Not a lot of crash protection, but hopefully very good wind protection. :cool:
Where did you purchase them?

Searsboy,
How is the wind protection of the PowerMADD Tri-Mount Handguards? They look good and I like the way they mount. Not a lot of crash protection, but hopefully very good wind protection. :cool:
Where did you purchase them?

I just put them on so I don't know how well they work yet. I'm heading to the Texas hill country this weekend and will let you know more when I return.
Wind protection is all I'm looking for in handguards. The mount was crucial because of the DCT parking brake and I thought these looked good. The top section pops off and reveals a vented area for warm weather and an extra large cover is available as an accessory.
I bought them on ebay through Hurley Sports I think. The guards and mounts were sold as a kit for about $60.

Replaced stock can with Danmoto Carbon GP. I tried to put on the baffle so as to have a lower dB, but did not feel any change. Asked others about the noise level, and they said its not disturbing them. So I left it free-flowed.

I feel a bit more pull in the riding with the new can. May be its due to lighter can weight (~1.5 kg less), may be it's a real increase (4%) as claimed by the manufacturer or its just a placebo effect. Anyway, its rumbling awesome! I'm off a more spirited rider now... :)

What the hell?! Where are the pictures?! I'm picking up a danmoto tomorrow, so I'll post up some this weekend...

Replaced stock can with Danmoto Carbon GP. I tried to put on the baffle so as to have a lower dB, but did not feel any change. Asked others about the noise level, and they said its not disturbing them. So I left it free-flowed.

I feel a bit more pull in the riding with the new can. May be its due to lighter can weight (~1.5 kg less), may be it's a real increase (4%) as claimed by the manufacturer or its just a placebo effect. Anyway, its rumbling awesome! I'm off a more spirited rider now... :)

What the hell?! Where are the pictures?!
Please do.i guess they forgot the number one rule
No pic then it didn't happen.
sent from my nc700x
I did forget it. :D. My apology, gents.
It did happen. Pics without audio would not be sufficient, so here is the video:
[video=youtube_share;a0f18RvZ9wo]http://youtu.be/a0f18RvZ9wo[/video]

Clearance Question

Slight contact is made at full lock in both directions.
Searsboy,
When you say there is a "slight" contact made at full lock, how significant is the contact. Can you turn the bars to almost the lock, within 1/8 inch, before there is contact? How much does the screen move when you move the bars to full lock as when getting the bike into a tight spot? Also where is the contact? At the flared edges at the bottom of the screen, or at the vertical edge of the screen? And can this contact be avoided by adjusting the position of the brackets on the bars or the hand guard? Or can the part of the hand guard where it touches the windscreen be altered, dremeled, to remove the contact area? I have the 6sp manual NC700X so may have more leeway in mounting? I'm ready to order from Burley Motor Sports and hoping to avoid grinding away edges of the Puig windscreen if possible. So thanks for your help in advance.:confused:

Searsboy,
When you say there is a "slight" contact made at full lock, how significant is the contact. Can you turn the bars to almost the lock, within 1/8 inch, before there is contact? How much does the screen move when you move the bars to full lock as when getting the bike into a tight spot? Also where is the contact? At the flared edges at the bottom of the screen, or at the vertical edge of the screen? And can this contact be avoided by adjusting the position of the brackets on the bars or the hand guard? Or can the part of the hand guard where it touches the windscreen be altered, dremeled, to remove the contact area? I have the 6sp manual NC700X so may have more leeway in mounting? I'm ready to order from Burley Motor Sports and hoping to avoid grinding away edges of the Puig windscreen if possible. So thanks for your help in advance.:confused:

I just put these on and, besides going around the block, haven't had a chance to fully roadtest the guards yet. I'm leaving tomorrow morning for a four day ride, so I will know more soon!
From what I'm getting, while on the centerstand, is that the rod (not the actual guard) of the tri-mount hits the windscreen at the top of the flared area of the Puig about an 1/8" before full lock in either direction. The Puig has give to it, is moved about 3/16" and allows full lock with no harm done.
I tried to adjust where no contact at all was made, but didn't like the positioning of the guards. A dremel could be used on the Puig to allow more clearance or maybe if the shield was in the lower position it wouldn't even hit.
If you like, when I am home from this ride I can give a full review and try to post a video of the contact.

Today will be installing a SW Motech Alu rack on my NCS. Must say real impressed with the quality and the rack base has a real nice textured finish. Also have the additional quick lock luggage extension plate for soft bags coming today :)

You read my mind.im getting the same soon.prob order after i get my other things on i just got.

sent from my nc700x

I did forget it. :D. My apology, gents.
It did happen. Pics without audio would not be sufficient, so here is the video:
[video=youtube_share;a0f18RvZ9wo]http://youtu.be/a0f18RvZ9wo[/video]

Wow! I hope mine sounds that good. It looks to be the same, except mine appears (photos) to look like stainless steel mesh rather than carbon fiber. I'll post up a similar vid and photos later this weekend. I'm excited!

Last edited:
Wow! I hope mine sounds that good. It looks to be the same, except mine appears (photos) to look like stainless steel mesh rather than carbon fiber. I'll post up a similar vid and photos later this weekend. I'm excited!

It looks like you picked up the Tex GP model. NC 700 X/S 2012- TEX GP [EX-00574] - $80.00. Looking forward to see the pics and vid of it on your NC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back