• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

So what did you do TO your NC700 today.

Should this thread be made a Sticky?

• Yes.

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • No.

Votes: 20 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll wait for your after-ride report

I just put these on and, besides going around the block, haven't had a chance to fully roadtest the guards yet. I'm leaving tomorrow morning for a four day ride, so I will know more soon!
From what I'm getting, while on the centerstand, is that the rod (not the actual guard) of the tri-mount hits the windscreen at the top of the flared area of the Puig about an 1/8" before full lock in either direction. The Puig has give to it, is moved about 3/16" and allows full lock with no harm done.
I tried to adjust where no contact at all was made, but didn't like the positioning of the guards. A dremel could be used on the Puig to allow more clearance or maybe if the shield was in the lower position it wouldn't even hit.
If you like, when I am home from this ride I can give a full review and try to post a video of the contact.
searsboy,
Thanks for the update. I'll be looking forward to your after-ride report on the effectiveness/durability of the PowerMADD handguards and how they get along with the Puig screen. I would also like your thoughts on the vibrations, or lack of same, of the handguards.
Thanks

ry8ubegu.jpg
a7u8e6ud.jpg
Installed some tusk 1.2 inch risers and puig shield.had to cut a little off handguards but all is good.riser was easy and a clean fit.i am keeping the zero gravity shield for summer.i will have to take a small bit off the right side but it shouldn't be much.the riser don't work with the zg,but will when i get done.no more lock elbows so i am a happy camper.i also tilted the bars back just a bit.

sent from my nc700x

Last edited:
Today will be installing a SW Motech Alu rack on my NCS. Must say real impressed with the quality and the rack base has a real nice textured finish. Also have the additional quick lock luggage extension plate for soft bags coming today :)

Some poor pics which do not do it justice. Am very happy with the look and look so much better in the flesh believe me. The extension plate is only for use with my Givi roll bag or for other large bulky things I may want to move and comes of quickly at the turn of 3 screws. The screws are retained on the plate so you can not lose them.

i-krBm8jb-L.jpg

i-7kzKDtN-L.jpg

i-hrzLSPQ-L.jpg

That is sweet.the plate is just what i want for my tail bags.thanks for the pics.looks good

sent from my nc700x

Sorry for double pic don't know what happened

sent from my nc700x

Ziggie, if you want. No biggie though. To remove a double picture click "edit post", Then click "go advanced, scroll down until you see "manage attachments", check the little box in the photo you want to remove and move your cursor up to the top right corner of picture and a "x" will appear. Click that. Once you've done that look over to the far right corner of window and you'll see "Done". Click that.

Attachments

• Capture1.jpg
    Capture1.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 330
  • Capture2.jpg
    Capture2.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 321
  • Capture3.jpg
    Capture3.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 315
Last edited:
I also installed my oem centerstand. So much easier to clean and lube the chain. I can't believe how much easier maintenance will be in the future.

Some poor pics which do not do it justice. Am very happy with the look and look so much better in the flesh believe me. The extension plate is only for use with my Givi roll bag or for other large bulky things I may want to move and comes of quickly at the turn of 3 screws. The screws are retained on the plate so you can not lose them.

My back ordered alu-rack just shipped yesterday. Glad to hear and see that it's good quality, hopefully I'll be putting one on next weekend.

searsboy,
Did you mount the Puig Touring screen in the top mounting holes of the NC, or the lower mounting holes of the NC?
Do you think if the Puig screen is mounted in the lower NC windshield mounting holes the PowerMADD Tri-mount would totally clear the the Puig screen?:confused:

searsboy,
Did you mount the Puig Touring screen in the top mounting holes of the NC, or the lower mounting holes of the NC?
Do you think if the Puig screen is mounted in the lower NC windshield mounting holes the PowerMADD Tri-mount would totally clear the the Puig screen?:confused:

That's a good thought. When I installed my Puig in the high mounts I was having some pretty good contact with the throttle cables and the adjustment knob for the clutch. My moves the brake lever and clutch lever to install the trackside hand guards caused this. When I moved the Puig to the lower mounting holes it reduce the rub by a good bit. Helped in my case although I know we are talking different hand guards.

Well, I installed the center stand and that was relatively easy . But the springs gave me fits. With arthritis and carpel tunnel problems , I just could not get those buggers on . Tried several suggestions here, but to no avail. The suggestions here were awesome. But my hands and wrists just hurt and became weak. So-- I requested the help of a buddy across town who is younger and stronger and I knew had done this many times. He had a tough time too but prevailed. He has tools that I have never seen. Boy am I grateful to him. Now I can remove the front wheel and have the front tire replaced by a couple pro's nearby. In hind site, I would suggest to a new owner that he or she have the center stand option installed prior to taking possession of their ride. Hind site is 20/20 as the old saying goes.

searsboy,
Thanks for the update. I'll be looking forward to your after-ride report on the effectiveness/durability of the PowerMADD handguards and how they get along with the Puig screen. I would also like your thoughts on the vibrations, or lack of same, of the handguards.
Thanks

Just got back from an 1100 mile ride. The powermadd's worked great! There was absolutely NO vibration, they blocked the wind like they're supposed to and my hands (and leather gloves!) stayed completely dry when we hit rain. We spent half of one day on very rough offroad conditions...the handguards and mounts were solid.
I think the mount will slightly hit no matter what position the windscreen is in, but it never made contact while under power on this ride. I did a U-turn on a narrow 2 lane and it didn't touch. The only time it hits is at full lock and the only time I'm at full lock is when repositioning the bike into a parking place. Then it hits, but doesn't alter control.

I put on my danmoto exhaust last night. I will post pictures soon, but it was dark when I put it on, it was dark when I left this morning, and it was dark when I got home tonight. I should be able to get pictures and a short video of the sound by tomorrow...Thursday at the latest.

I know...pics or it didn't happen...

Fenda Extenda, Givi engine guards and radiator guard installed today.

This is about the third or fourth Fenda Extenda I've installed on different bikes I've had. Hint to anyone who buys one, don't use the sticky tape that they supply as it's only a matter of time before it will fall off. I remove the sticky tape, take the fender off the bike, rough up both surfaces with 100 grit sandpaper (under fender and Extenda) and use PVC/ABS glue. Couple of spring clamps and let it set up real well (1/2 hour or so) and then re-install the fender. It's permanent. NOTE: DO NOT GET THE GLUE ON THE OUTSIDE PAINTED SURFACE OF THE FENDER AS IT WILL TAKE THE PAINT RIGHT OFF.

NCXtoday_zps914a2db5.jpg

Last edited:
Meant to post this a few days ago. ;)

"Today" I installed my Trackside hand guards. They fit great with the stock bar ends. Had to trim my Givi screen (after I took this) a bit but not a problem with the help of the Dremel!

IMG_4278.jpg

Valve adjustment. It took longer for me to take the radiator off than it did to adjust the valves. All 8 were in spec. The two intake valves one the #1cylinder varied the most. One was near tight and one was near the top end so I made them the same. One exhaust on the #2 cylinder was close to being too tight so I opened it up some. I torqued everything back into place, added 1 quart of coolant, and patted myself on the back.

Of course now I am asking myself what happens if I didn't torque the lock nuts on the valves right and they come loose. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back