• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

So what did you do TO your NC700 today.

Should this thread be made a Sticky?

• Yes.

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • No.

Votes: 20 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats the 4,000 mile service ???.

The short answer. I just moved to Arkansas. I currently live in an apartment complex and I am not allowed to do any vehicle maintenance on site. When I bought my bike I was offered a 3 year warranty plan for an extra $600. I decided to do that due to my living situation. That warranty includes a service every 4,000 miles that is free of charge. It also comes with one set of free replacement tires. Tires of my choice. I spoke with them today about that. I told them I want PR3s. We are guessing we will change them out at the 8,000 mile service. This is something specific to my dealer. They are called Sunrise Honda in Searcy, AR.

They cleaned & lubed the chain, lubed the cables, checked the brakes, adjusted the clutch and throttle free-play, checked the tightness of any fasteners utilized during dealer assembly, and changed the oil.

The short answer. I just moved to Arkansas. I currently live in an apartment complex and I am not allowed to do any vehicle maintenance on site. When I bought my bike I was offered a 3 year warranty plan for an extra $600. I decided to do that due to my living situation. That warranty includes a service every 4,000 miles that is free of charge. It also comes with one set of free replacement tires. Tires of my choice. I spoke with them today about that. I told them I want PR3s. We are guessing we will change them out at the 8,000 mile service. This is something specific to my dealer. They are called Sunrise Honda in Searcy, AR.

They cleaned & lubed the chain, lubed the cables, checked the brakes, adjusted the clutch and throttle free-play, checked the tightness of any fasteners utilized during dealer assembly, and changed the oil.

Well that was worth $600...
I wish I was offered that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They actually suggested it to me. I had no idea it was on option. I told them I would be riding the bike at least 300 miles a week to work and back. That was only Monday thru Friday. That is when they suggested the plan. Seemed like a good deal so I paid the extra money. Also with that plan they gave me a "members card" that proves to the store that I bought the plan and I get 10% off everything from the parts department.

They actually suggested it to me. I had no idea it was on option. I told them I would be riding the bike at least 300 miles a week to work and back. That was only Monday thru Friday. That is when they suggested the plan. Seemed like a good deal so I paid the extra money. Also with that plan they gave me a "members card" that proves to the store that I bought the plan and I get 10% off everything from the parts department.

Lucky man!!!.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I installed my Givi E-21 cases and the SW-Motech racks. Had a heck of a time getting the rear brace that connects the two sides together to fit properly. The bracket for the license plate is double thickness right where the rear brace goes. Seems ok for now, but will figure other options for that part over the next week or so. Once the whole system is together, it really is very rigid.

I finally installed my RAM Mount and Batter Tender 12V socket. I primarily use my bike to commute to work but I have taken it on three long rides where a GPS would have came in real handy. My Samsung Galaxy S4 can now be used to get me around.

photo 1.jpg

photo 2 (1).jpg

photo 3 (1).jpg

Now just tie it all together with a helmet communications device and you are ready for the world.

That is on the list. The list that seems to keep growing. The wife tried to call me the other day when I was headed home. Needed something from the store. Of course I did not hear the phone ringing.

Well hello guys! Took me some time to get back to forum in writing but was always around watching :) glad to see you are doing fine. I have cleaned and lubed the chain today, but i still have to get back to my major project of enlarging pillion seat. I find it difficult to start still ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Sergeant chuck im glad you posted those pics.i was wondering what the puig screen looked like from behind.i think it will be to tall for me.i am ording risers and handguards are on the way so i have to change shields.

Sergeant chuck im glad you posted those pics.i was wondering what the puig screen looked like from behind.i think it will be to tall for me.i am ording risers and handguards are on the way so i have to change shields.

The adjustment wheel for the clutch cable does hit the windscreen when locked fully to the right. The screen may lean back further than the Honda touring that was previously installed. I plan on buying rox risers soon and assumed I could adjust the handlebars away for the screen enough to get clearance. When you say tall are you referring to overall height? I am 5'9" and can easily see over it plus the wind still makes contact with the upper portion of my helmet. So to me it is almost not tall enough.

Maybe it was the angle then.i am 5'10.i also decided to go with rox. this way i can also pull them back.i like the bars on the ctx so this should be close to the same.

I guess technically the only thing I did was turn the key and pull a mileage number for yesterday. I blew a fork seal on my way home from Mono Lake yesterday, so Chupa is out of commission for a bit.
After I took the cage to work, my wonderful husband found a suspension shop in the area, loaded the NC into the truck and hauled her over. Gold valve emulators are on their way from Racetech and we should be back on the road in plenty of time for this weekend's Park 'n' Ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back