• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Well, I've enjoyed riding (for now)

robnpat

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Tomorrow is the day of my neck surgery. I figure that will wipe out any sort of riding for the next few months, plus with winter coming I'm looking at late winter, early spring before I will ride again. I truly have enjoyed my NCX, and now have about 750 miles on it. Not bad for a beginner, and only have had it for 3 weeks. My longest ride was this past Saturday going from my house to Columbia, MO, which is about 76 miles one way. :cool:

It's time for its' first tune-up, and will probably have my Honda rep come pick it up this weekend since they are only 3 miles from my house. I'll be laid up for awhile wishing I could ride it, but at least I'll know it will be ready for me early next year. But for now, I gotta get through tomorrow (yuck!) and the rehab that goes with this.

Everyone have fun riding, and I'll be with you in spirit.....:p

I wish you all the best.
I cannot speak for ALL people here, but I am one who will welcome your updates, photos even if it is not related to the NCX during your recovery.
Don't stop posting and let us know how we can help.
For me, I will post more photos here and keep you in my prayers too.

Take care... :D

Thanks, Happy. If my wife doesn't hide my keys, I 'may' sneak out to the garage every once in a while and start it up, even pretending I'm taking it out on the road. But, she will put me on a VERY short leash during recovery (ugh!). I'll still have my laptop though to check in. I am going to order the new windshield from Honda so I'll have it when I start riding again.

Thanks, Happy. If my wife doesn't hide my keys, I 'may' sneak out to the garage every once in a while and start it up, even pretending I'm taking it out on the road. But, she will put me on a VERY short leash during recovery (ugh!). I'll still have my laptop though to check in. I am going to order the new windshield from Honda so I'll have it when I start riding again.

I've got an idea, Rob.
You've got to get one of those PS3 or XBOX 360, but how are we gonna find a videogame which has the NCX as the racing vehicle?
I play Gran Turismo all the time (since 6 years back) and I am darn good at it.

If you so wish, you should get a PS3 and this GT5 game. It rocks. It will, however, give you bad eyesight after 1 month...promise.
:)

Good luck with your surgery Robnpat! If your bike is going to sit with the same fuel in it, you may want to put some fuel stabilizer in the tank. Do it now and the fuel should remain fresh for a few months. Tell her you have to start and run it once a week to keep the seals lubed etc. Its a lot more enjoyable to hear the engine run than to make funny noises with your mouth while sitting on it! LOL

Good luck with the surgery. Are you having cervical vertebrae fused? If so, which and how many? I have some experience there (unfortunately).

Thanks, all. I do like the excuse of running it instead of me making motoring sounds. My wife may think I turned into an 8yr old :)

The doc is doing something with C6 and C7. There were 3 medical terms he was doing, and aside from pronouncing them, I couldn't tell you what he is doing. All I know is he said it was going to take 3+ hours, but that I should feel alot better (my arm anyway) almost immediately. So, we will see.

Tomorrow is the day of my neck surgery. I figure that will wipe out any sort of riding for the next few months, plus with winter coming I'm looking at late winter, early spring before I will ride again. I truly have enjoyed my NCX, and now have about 750 miles on it. Not bad for a beginner, and only have had it for 3 weeks. My longest ride was this past Saturday going from my house to Columbia, MO, which is about 76 miles one way. :cool:

It's time for its' first tune-up, and will probably have my Honda rep come pick it up this weekend since they are only 3 miles from my house. I'll be laid up for awhile wishing I could ride it, but at least I'll know it will be ready for me early next year. But for now, I gotta get through tomorrow (yuck!) and the rehab that goes with this.

Everyone have fun riding, and I'll be with you in spirit.....:p

Hope all goes well. I'm in the St Louis Area, we should meet up in the Spring once you can ride again.

Keep us all posted.

Tromba, that's a deal. Turbodiesel is in the Springfield, MO area. Maybe we can get a NCX ride going next year?? That would be cool :cool:

I hope all goes well tomorrow! I'll say a few prayers for ya also. Happy is right about the games, my boys kick my butt all the time on the Xbox.

Hi robnpat. Good luck tomorrow. Here's hoping for a swift surgery and a speedy recovery. Great you got to enjoy putting some miles on you NC before the break. Its going to be tough to not ride, but like you said, it will be there waiting for you. Feel free to checkin, contribute, and keep us apprised of your progress. Here's to you getting back on two.

I'm kind of at the other end of that process - I see the neuro doc for hopefully the last time tomorrow. If you don't mind a word of advice, DON'T skimp on the rehab and/or physical therapy you might get to do. I can't believe how much actually doing it helped me. Don't push it past the point of good sense while you're doing it. Pain lets you know your limits - it doesn't mean stop right away, and it doesn't mean you should ignore it, either.

Good luck.

Nine years ago on my 60th BD I had 5-6, 6-7, 7-1 fused. The worst part was trying to sleep with a neck immobilizer for 5 weeks. The surgery solved the problem it was supposed to though. Now I'm suffering with Arthritus in the 4-5 area. Good luck with your surgery and do what you're supposed to.

Nine years ago on my 60th BD I had 5-6, 6-7, 7-1 fused. The worst part was trying to sleep with a neck immobilizer for 5 weeks. The surgery solved the problem it was supposed to though. Now I'm suffering with Arthritus in the 4-5 area. Good luck with your surgery and do what you're supposed to.

My wife and I have made this journey also. She says "getting old is not for sissies."

Well, I am back home. I had a very difficult time last night but I'm home now. I can't work for 4 weeks, or drive for 4 weeks (EEEK!). I have alot of restrictions on what I can do, like I can't pick up anything over 2lbs (about the weight of a 1/2 gallon milk jug) and LOTS of rest. My wife is staying home with me until at least next Tuesday. Due to my job as a IT project manager, the nurse thought I could go to work after 2 weeks if I get permission from my doctor (but I still can't drive) since my job doesn't require alot of physical labor; it's more sitting at my workstation, listening to streaming music, waiting for lunchtime, and then doing specs on projects. So, we will see. Meanwhile, I'm going to call my Honda rep and come get my NCX for its' first service (and apparent recall). That way, after 4 weeks if weather is decent, I can slowly start riding it again.

I appreciate everyone's thoughts. I can't wait for physical therapy and to be 100% again

Back