• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What did you do to/with your other motorcycle/scooter/trike today?

I rode 102 miles on my Zero today. The day started out at a refreshing, hazy 65F, but unfortunately warmed to a sunny 80F on the return trip. While the bike had the battery capacity to do the whole ride, I stopped by my son’s house and got some free charging off his solar grid. The Zero is my go-to bike for warm weather local rides.

That's really pretty decent range for a local roads ride. What is it's advertised range of mixed riding?
Advertised range is per the screen shot attached. I think those numbers are quite accurate for warm weather riding (range suffers in cold weather). Today was windy, so energy usage was higher than my usual. Because of that, had I not partially charged 25% at my son’s house, I would have been very near empty at the end of the 102 mile ride.

4B1E1EFB-BF3D-4441-9CBB-0E13BFCA0C7C.jpeg

Last edited:
1100kms over the weekend on the L. Very little offroad but techy backroads otherwise that were almost offroad. A couple of pics. Location previously used but on another Honda. It got a little stormy on occasion with incredible downpours, but we escaped them in the most part. Some of the participants were not so lucky.

IMG_4728.JPG

IMG_4721.JPG

IMG_4736.JPG

we've had rain every day since last Sunday. Rained a little bit here earlier this morning, but sun is out now. Supposed to not rain tomorrow and then rain again Friday, but none of the days were wash outs ie: I was able to get out either morning or evening for a dry ride.

M

I would love to ride in the rain right now. I don’t think I’ve seen rain at home for a month. Forgot what is was like.
Down my way we have been sitting under a low pressure system for an unseasonably long period. It rains often in May and June anyway but the usual is afternoon thunderstorms that kind of can be planned around. This low pressure system is creating large areas of embedded thunderstorms and areas of heavy heavy rain on a daily basis for a couple of weeks. I like riding in the rain and with the gear won't stay home just because of usual rain but these storms are something else. Wind, lightning, multiple inches of rain per hour. Last night the forecast was for the area of rain to be south of me so I left at 6 and headed north for a loop that stayed dry. I have to work the next three days so I didn't want a weather window to get by me.

I did 240 miles on my 95 VFR750. Nice sunny day with temps around 90f. I loved the compliant ride, smooth power, and excellent riding position. It’s everything my NC isn’t. Got home and felt fresh.

Did the same distance a couple of days ago on my Nc and when I got home I was exhausted. Hated the non compliant suspension, the 270 degree firing order, and the uncomfortable riding position.

I wonder if I can shoehorn the v4 engine and suspension to the NC?

I did 240 miles on my 95 VFR750. Nice sunny day with temps around 90f. I loved the compliant ride, smooth power, and excellent riding position. It’s everything my NC isn’t. Got home and felt fresh.

Did the same distance a couple of days ago on my Nc and when I got home I was exhausted. Hated the non compliant suspension, the 270 degree firing order, and the uncomfortable riding position.

I would agree about the suspension but not about the engine. No need to shoehorn the V4 when the Crossrunner was about. I never understood why more of them didn't sell.

The wife and I rode about 50 miles on our two Ruckus scooters to get lunch at a nearby state park / lake. It was a good way to cool down on a hot day.

I can't offer a solution for the engine, but— following the recommendation of several smarter members of this forum— I upgraded my stock rock shakers to a Cogent Dynamics unit. I got cartridge inserts for the front as well and the whole thing, plus fancy tool, cost under $1000. I think the rear unit was somewhere around $650. They build them in North Carolina and put mine under an ohlins spring. Could hardly be happier with the upgrade. The NC should have come like this. Comfortable, compliant, and adjustable.

https://www.motocd.com/ they used to have a box on the site specifically for the NC, but now you'll have to call. Friendly and professional service

Today started out cool and cloudy, a relief from the hot, sunny days of late. That got me all excited about riding, so my wife and I did a 203 mile ride on our Goldwing. We were gone 7.5 hours. We ate at Moonshine Store, test drove an electric car we found at a dealership, shopped for some Amish made furniture. The wind got pretty strong in the afternoon, but that was a small price to pay for a good day on the bike. The Goldwing’s odometer passed 90,000 miles on this trip.

Back