• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

What did you do to/with your other motorcycle/scooter/trike today?

My part time job called me in today so I rode the Elite 80 scooter the 16 mile round trip. The route was one of urban neighborhood roads and being Sunday with a US Navy Blue Angels air show 20 miles away I knew traffic would be friendly to a 45 mph vehicle.

Day 273...The CB was due for some exercise, so we did a fall color run 52 miles @ 73 degrees and cloudy

hknZWRAh.jpg

S2IoB7Th.jpg

Day 274 Lunch day with my brother and friend Jim. Today we rode to Dickies BBQ for a pulled pork sandwich then took a nice little curvy roads ride out in the country 57 miles @ 73 degrees and sunny

9IQxsvfh.jpg

took some more "fall pics"

a yellow tunnel

fb1zjKuh.jpg

a Fire Bush in the process of turning from green to bright red

SbbqwPgh.jpg

Not today, but earlier this week, I did a camping and riding trip with my CRF250L to an area near St. Louis, Missouri (USA) at the confluence of the Illinois and Mississippi Rivers. My goal was to seek out the more remote and primitive roads, so the CRF dual sport was preferred over the NC street bike.

My little toy hauler camper:
9841FB33-2C68-4126-B172-0F95FABC01C9.jpeg

Fall colors were displaying well.
44AAD47D-470A-4039-B458-03B437B3D0C4.jpeg

My favorite road the first day was Hoot Owl Hollow. These type back roads are public and show on the GPS map. A few roads are no more than two gravel tracks across a hilltop meadow or through the woods.
F45CE356-C42D-40B1-8B8C-4AD90556A313.jpeg23A03055-FF6E-4140-B990-6E264B736180.jpeg

The next day I came across twin tunnels. I think railroads passed overhead. The rock in the tunnels was rather course, and on closer inspection I realized the tunnels apparently doubled as waterways in times of heavy rain.
B3F307AE-873C-453D-AD7B-5859E6B8AA6D.jpeg44132337-0208-4ECF-943E-5CF995B6C69E.jpeg

One time I was following a route and got a bit lost because I couldn’t see exactly where to turn. After heading back I found the road I was looking for was just grass.
DF31180A-DA06-4244-81F1-1ABE36013DAF.jpeg

Due to the proximity to rivers, I enjoyed taking a few ferry rides on the bike.
F61DE1F3-C1CA-4922-8B65-880A4068EF31.jpegDE16198C-0A6C-4D2B-AF62-693464A3EC2F.jpeg

This was a fun trip and I look forward to returning for more backroad exploration!

Last edited:
Not today, but earlier this week, I did a camping and riding trip with my CRF250L to an area near St. Louis, Missouri (USA) at the confluence of the Illinois and Mississippi Rivers. My goal was to seek out the more remote and primitive roads, so the CRF dual sport was preferred over the NC street bike.

My little toy hauler camper:
View attachment 53128

Fall colors were displaying well.
View attachment 53129

My favorite road the first day was Hoot Owl Hollow. These type back roads are public and show on the GPS map. A few roads are no more than two gravel tracks across a hilltop meadow or through the woods.
View attachment 53130View attachment 53131

The next day I came across twin tunnels. I think railroads passed overhead. The rock in the tunnels was rather course, and on closer inspection I realized the tunnels apparently doubled as waterways in times of heavy rain.
View attachment 53132View attachment 53133

One time I was following a route and got a bit lost because I couldn’t see exactly where to turn. After heading back I found the road I was looking for was just grass.
View attachment 53134

Due to the proximity to rivers, I enjoyed taking a few ferry rides on the bike.
View attachment 53135View attachment 53136

This was a fun trip and I look forward to returning for more backroad exploration!
When I was in the air force, once a year, our unit would go set up a Mash unit near east Alton, on the old army Depot base. I think now it is an ammunition hq, not far from where you were camping.

It’s time for a new front tire, so I got that done this morning. I put 18k miles on that Avon RoadRider front tire, but it was time to replace, probably should have replaced it earlier. My bike has 140,071 miles on it now, so it's doing pretty good.View attachment 53161View attachment 53162
Tires treads are different between brands and models, I know, but is the rotation direction correct on that front tire?

Tires treads are different between brands and models, I know, but is the rotation direction correct on that front tire?
Yeah, it is. After mounting so many tires over the years, and having to remove and re-install one, I've gotten to the point of putting a piece of duct/masking tape on the brake disk and marking the tire rotation direction .

Last edited:
Day 286 ... the CB needed some exercise, so a 55 mile run out to a new road I discovered while out to dinner with my wife in the cage a couple of weeks ago (great road BTW) @ 69 degrees and sunny. Now I need to figure out a new loop which includes that road!

Yesterday, my wife and I spent 7 hours out on the Goldwing. We hit the famous Moonshine Store (southern Illinois) for lunch, then checked out a nearby campground in preparation for next April’s solar total eclipse. Moonshine Store will be in the path of totality. On the way home we happened upon a garden shop giving their remaining pumpkins away, so we loaded up the saddle bags with some small pumpkins.

The weather was beautiful, with mainly clear skies, a start of 55F, a high of 72F, and very light wind.

We saw first hand the total eclipse of August, 2017. Once you‘ve seen the total eclipse, all other eclipses are child’s play. We’re hoping for good weather and clear skies next April.

Today I’m replacing the 15 year old tires on our ‘09 Ruckus. I had to modify my tire changing tool to clamp the little 10 inch rims, but it made the job WAY easier than using tire spoons, and eliminates any chance of rim scratches.

8F805997-8E45-4138-A5E2-129F0FA27C69.jpeg

Yes. The Kenda K761 is the OEM tire on the Ruckus. I stuck with the original tire spec as they look good on the Ruckus and they wore pretty well. Traction is fine but not a huge concern on a 4 horsepower bike with little drum brakes.

Back