• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Who doesn't like the DCT and why?

Thanks for the link. I remember this discussion.
I agree with post 22 however. The reflector in a halogen does ALL the work in getting the light pattern directed correctly back onto the roadway. A different light source changes all that. A motorcyclist is actually putting themselves in more danger for a variety of reasons by going this route.
IMO a clear lens with segmented mirror reflector behind it is a prettier assembly than the new style LED. But the latter beats it hands down on (much less) power consumption. Honda marketing wants to have an upgrade available for next years model, I guess.

Thanks for the link. I remember this discussion.
I agree with post 22 however. The reflector in a halogen does ALL the work in getting the light pattern directed correctly back onto the roadway. A different light source changes all that. A motorcyclist is actually putting themselves in more danger for a variety of reasons by going this route.
IMO a clear lens with segmented mirror reflector behind it is a prettier assembly than the new style LED. But the latter beats it hands down on (much less) power consumption. Honda marketing wants to have an upgrade available for next years model, I guess.
If the light source is identified as a H4 then it means it meets certain specifications as to angles of light emitted and area of high and low beam from a single bulb. The reflector is not specific to halogen or LED only to a light source that meets H4 standards.

True there are a lot of bad bulbs in the market in both incandescent and LED. LED does not have any monopoly on cheapened materials or construction or marketing claims. The G6 H4s added shields to create a sharp cut off to the beam and work very well. The manufacturer's engineering team has been active in an ST1300 forum and can supply as much technical data as you need to compare to halogen H4s.

If I remember correctly Dave, the members have a very lengthy discussion regarding LED in the ST halogen assembly and those that installed the particular brand are happy with the results.
I agree, a bulb with a sharp cut off is the correct and safe bulb. Finding an LED that will give this sharp cut off in the NC assembly is what we need. We know manufacturers do not
bench test every make/model bike made so it's really trial and error in getting a sharp cut off bulb.

The OEM LEDs are a form of a Projector beam halogen with the prism lens, IMO. I never liked that look either. If my 2017 has halogen I'll be looking into LED bulb (upgrade), but with a lot of research first.

I think I'll need to find a way to append these posts to the LED thread, since we've gotten way off topic here.

Back