• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

WILL THE NC 700 SURVIVE-Questions?

But wasn't that list supposed to be of NEW bikes or MODIFIED bikes? I'm not 100% but I thought that was a statement I read on the original Japanese site. It was traslated by google translate so information could be lost.

And wouldn't you consider the CBR650 and VFR800 a sport bike? They were on that list.

But wasn't that list supposed to be of NEW bikes or MODIFIED bikes? I'm not 100% but I thought that was a statement I read on the original Japanese site. It was traslated by google translate so information could be lost.

And wouldn't you consider the CBR650 and VFR800 a sport bike? They were on that list.
I would think so but I can't read Japanese so I'm not sure what that category was.
If that's just new or modified bikes then it would explain why some bikes are missing (NC most notably).
I would think the NC would come before the VFR due to alphabetical order which would indicate no changes for the NC if this is indeed new/changed models only.
That also begs the question, if the VFR is new/changed, did they add DCT to the VFR800?
*edit*
FWIW, I would consider giving up my VFR800 and NC700X for a Crossrunner (VFR800X).

Last edited:
James, I do read Japanese, and without running it through anything other than my own two eyeballs. Thirty years living in Japan, twenty years working in 100% Japanese-only companies. Two monolingual Japanese speaking children sent all the way through public school in Japan. I have a mild familiarity with the language and have seen and read a couple or three Japanese forms and documents.

My opinion of it is that while it may or may not contain accurate information collated from actual corporate Honda documents, the likelihood that it is itself an official corporate Honda document strikes me as being slim.

1. The use of "Model" instead of モデル

2. The use of a slang term to denote bikes in the 50-125cc category

3. Inconsistent formatting of prices

4. Including 万円 in the column entries instead of being presented as 単位: 万円 in the header

5. Conjecture on prices rather than an MSRP

The above points lead me to believe that the document is not what it is being presented as. YMMV.

Last edited:
I still don't get it....gas will never be cheap again ever! I drive a 2005 ford focus, my wife drives a 2012 Ford Fiesta....and I love my NC700x. Nobody on this forum should have second thoughts on this great bike! I hope American riders will catch on to the practicality of this motorcycle...kinda doubt it though. Americans seem to love spending 60 to 80 bucks filling up their monster trucks, and your not a man unless you have a loud *** harley in these here United States. Sorry for the rant!

James, I do read Japanese, and without running it through anything other than my own two eyeballs. Thirty years living in Japan, twenty years working in 100% Japanese-only companies. Two monolingual Japanese speaking children sent all the way through public school in Japan. I have a mild familiarity with the language and have seen and read a couple or three Japanese forms and documents.

My opinion of it is that while it may or may not contain accurate information collated from actual corporate Honda documents, the likelihood that it is itself an official corporate Honda document strikes me as being slim.

1. The use of "Model" instead of モデル

2. The use of a slang term to denote bikes in the 50-125cc category

3. Inconsistent formatting of prices

4. Including 万円 in the column entries instead of being presented as 単位: 万円 in the header

5. Conjecture on prices rather than an MSRP

The above points lead me to believe that the document is not what it is being presented as. YMMV.
Because clearly you couldn't just leave it at I do read Japanese which would have been sufficient.

As for your other points, it does sound like it's someone's attempt to fake a Honda document.

Because clearly you couldn't just leave it at I do read Japanese which would have been sufficient.

I had thought that much apparent from my earlier posts on the subject, but such proved not to be the case. Hence the lily gilding.

As for your other points, it does sound like it's someone's attempt to fake a Honda document.

I think there is a degree of the innocent and the fraudulent both present, and from different parties. The document could well have been something some local Honda dealer threw together based on either actual info, speculation, or a combination of the two. It is pretty evident it is not some high-level Honda top secret document, and it is entirely possible that the person who made it had no intention of making anything of the sort. I really do suspect that the watermark was photoshopped in by a prankster wanting to pass it off as something it is not, though.

At any rate, a few short months will serve to quiet all speculation, when we can all see for ourselves what actually will be the model lineup for next year.

I've gone back to the blog where the document first appeared and it seems the conversation ended on the 9th and nothing further has been said. The people on the blog are basically doing the same thing we are doing here. Guessing its meaning.

I hope American riders will catch on to the practicality of this motorcycle...kinda doubt it though. Americans seem to love spending 60 to 80 bucks filling up their monster trucks, and your not a man unless you have a loud *** harley in these here United States. Sorry for the rant!

Hey now... I have a monster jeep. I have a gas guzzling silverado 2500. I have a 915 honda. And I have the NC.

So where exactly do I fall on this line? :)

Hey now... I have a monster jeep. I have a gas guzzling silverado 2500. I have a 915 honda. And I have the NC.

So where exactly do I fall on this line? :)

LOL!!! As soon as you said that it reminded me of the parking lot at the Caterpillar plant I worked at in Illinois. Some had bought one of those really little tennie wennie cars and parked it out in the far corner of the lot. I just could not help myself but go park next to it. Next thing I know, other jeeps started parking out there too.

I bought this bike to conserve fuel but you got to have your toys too.

2012-03-23_16-22-49_707.jpg

I took mine into work earlier this year, and took the crown for biggest jeep. Some guy has one with a skyjacker 2 inch lift. Needless to say, he wouldn't park near me anymore :)

618_IMG_0631.jpg

And what's up with that little dinky car that parked next to you, lol?

Had to drive a duce and a half across the Perfume river out side of Hue in 1968, the bridge was out, it was about a hour before dark, and I had to get back to Camp Evens before dark. Water was going over the top of the hood and into the cab, but it keep on going across the river. Amazing how that engine keeps going when under water.

Getting back ON TOPIC...

Survive? Its thriving here in Europa.

In portugal, of the top 10 most sold bikes, the NC700x Is the ONLY over 125cc bike on the top 10.
And it sells MORE than ALL the other bikes in the country... combined.

Then again, you got the PCX, which is selling more than the top 6 bikes in the country... combined.

Back