• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

You Have Mail!

Beemer, thanks for all you offer to this community. I value and enjoy your presence here.

What's happening to you is simply ****ed up and entirely unacceptable. What do the mods and admin have to say?

Can you clarify? Do you mean the email is originating from the "outside" of the forum, using a one-use email system?

Probably means an existing user is making a new account [so he can] harrass Beemerphile with it. Either it gets banned or the user stops using it. "Disposable" because the user doesn't care about permanence and doesn't use it for legit posts.

Last edited:
Sooner or later they all slip up somewhere, and get caught. It just sucks that others suffer prior to them being found out and dragged into the light. :mad:

Probably means an existing user is making a new account [so he can] harrass Beemerphile with it. Either it gets banned or the user stops using it. "Disposable" because the user doesn't care about permanence and doesn't use it for legit posts.

Yes; and each time this occurs, more information is recorded. Sometimes it takes a while for a pattern and the details to be finalized before they are confirmed. But eventually, they are always confirmed.

An IP is just one piece of the puzzle and everybody eventually makes a mistake. If we had a dump of the registration info and http logs (for only that user) I am sure the field could be narrowed considerably.

But a bit of content analysis might be more interesting. I spent about an hour with the forum search and google and ended up with a member who:
  • has tangled with Beemerphile in the past and perceives himself to have been wronged
  • writes in a similar style which has a consistent punctuation quirk
  • google shows correlation between posts from his unique username and the word "respect" on forums, and a lesser correlation with "been warned"
  • claims to be from the same US state
  • made an announcement slightly before this this thread was posted with the PM in it

Is this conclusive? No. I am suggesting that with enough time and interest it's feasible to suss it out. A dump of previous threatening PMs would reveal if the pattern holds.

Well observed! The punctuation quirk is the best lead - the guy likes his commas where semi-colons should be - but at the same time, many people will have this issue. The request for 'respect' is the other good lead. I don't know who you have rounded up at the first suspect, but it is worth checking the content of his recent posts. Does this user also try to offer advice, does he have a tendency to be opinionated and agree/disagree with other users suggestions, particularly in technical/maintenance/mod boards?

Also, once the microscope is taken out and more and more people are aware and on the look out, it's simply amazing what evidence gets turned up! All it takes is that one bored IT guy with a challenge to investigate further, or know of a way to do something many others don't.

The taunting threateners always think they are smarter than everyone else, and always think they are too clever to be caught. There are more than a few epic threads on Pirate4x4 where I have been a member for a very, very long time, with the results proving the disastrous outcome of that naive thinking, lol.

I don't know who you have rounded up at the first suspect, but it is worth checking the content of his recent posts. Does this user also try to offer advice, does he have a tendency to be opinionated and agree/disagree with other users suggestions, particularly in technical/maintenance/mod boards?

While his tone has chilled out considerably I'd say the poster's earlier posts on nc700-forum meet those criteria.

Seems like a fellow who is eager to share and help but frustrated when that help is corrected or criticized.

*my 2 cents* I'm reporting this thread to the mods, hopefully they will read it and act. There is never any reason for anyone to have to tolerate this crap, much less a stellar poster like BP.

GET'EM ADMIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Time for the BANhammer of DOOM to come down!

Boy this has generated a lot of heat in a short time! And for good reason. Anybody spending that much energy is seriously f'cked up. I'll just add my thanks to Beemerphile for all he has contributed and my support for him to stick around if he feels he can.

We will ban anyone who harasses another member. Pm me the user names. It's just a matter of time before I find put who you are.... I have blocked all ip's that I know of...

This forum has a member who really, really does not like me and makes these anonymous threats and attacks using disposable log-ins any time I post. He/she/it/they has/have been here for a long time and has/have attacked me here and other places. There is no way to have a discussion or try to heal differences with an anonymous terrorist. Obviously I "disrespected" him/her/it/them at some time in the distant past. Probably he/she/it/they said something totally incorrect and I called them on it rather than marveling at their ingenuity. I am a bit sarcastic at times. If someone really pulls my trigger I am a lot sarcastic. But I am a real person with a name and address, an engineering degree, and 45 years of riding and working on motorcycles. I actually know some things. But yes, I am sometimes sarcastic and sometimes I am wrong. At the urging of a couple of real people with names on this forum I have calmed that down a lot. I have tried to be more tentative in my conclusions and more graceful in how they are presented. I desire to be on bad terms with no person, but this little gutless virtual terrorist doesn't deal that way so there is no path to take if I wanted to resolve it. He/she/it/they demand respect but do not show it. There are several other members of this forum with long memories, but also with no interest in resolving differences. They are probably glad this clown is here and I expect that one of them is him/her/it.

I guess this is the nature of an anonymous internet forum. Most of you know my name. You know where I live, and several of you have been to my shop. For a few of you, I have changed your tires and fixed your bikes. I have sent you free parts with my return address on the package. I have given out my email and phone number and walked some of you through issues on the phone. I am not anonymous. Unfortunately, that makes it easy for the anonymous terrorist to ply his trade. It is a party where everyone wears masks and uses avatars instead of names. They make up credentials for themselves and since they are anonymous, they are not accountable for their actions or the positions they take. There are no consequences. They can be anything they imagine their defective little selves to be. If they really make a mess of it, they can throw the old identity away and create a new one. Or hundreds of them. They are free.

I am tired of going to parties like this. Especially when there is someone sitting in the room constantly farting and looking menacing at me. Anyone with any sense would just leave the room. I've done this several times here and I guess I need to learn my lesson. I need to show that I have some sense. I will stick to gatherings of real people with real names, credentials, identities, and backgrounds.

He/she/it/they win/wins.
Too bad I don't have an option to 'Dislike' this post. It sux that this has happened again. It's not right to let some jerk win when the forum loses....and it's not just this forum. I happened to see an exchange like this on ADV and Lee quit posting there as well some months back so this jerk is not confined to NC700-forum.com.

Come on Beemerphile, I really appreciate your attempts to help out fellow forum members and suggestions that are well explained and considerate. Please don't let one bonehead ruin your knowledge access for the rest of us. I have been busy commuting to a new job and missed several weeks of the forum. I am a much more experienced NCX commuter as I've going 2-wheel for a solid 3 months. My mileage has been in the 80's and I'm loving my bike. Don't let the A-hole get to you.

Lee don't let them drag you down to their level.
the internet are full of key board warriors. best to ignore them and they sure don't like it if you choose not respond in anyway.
how do they know if you read it?? they will soon bugger of when it is not working.
the first line you will soon know if its friendly or not.if its friendly read it if not delete it straight away.
the old saying is ' if the eye doesn't see the heart wont grieve.
some of us can take it others can't unfortunately.just let it go Lee.
you've got plenty of friends in here inc those across the pond.
sure we all disagree at times but that doesn't make us enemy does it.
stay with us mate.

keyboard-warrior.jpg

We will ban anyone who harasses another member. Pm me the user names. It's just a matter of time before I find put who you are.... I have blocked all ip's that I know of...

Thank you very much! I saw your PM and I don't have all the user names. Beemer will need to supply those and/or you can review his PM logs if he is willing to forgo his privacy.

Beemer, sorry if I've offended you by contacting the site admin, but I believe from the wording of the threatening message you posted that this requires site administration to eliminate the source.

What about an authorization protocol to join the forum? For example when you go to register, you need to give your phone number and an automated system then calls you with a code to be able to register? I think some type of authentication system is warranted in today's day and age. I have no problem with one and it might help deter jerk-offs.

Thank you very much! I saw your PM and I don't have all the user names. Beemer will need to supply those and/or you can review his PM logs if he is willing to forgo his privacy.

Beemer, sorry if I've offended you by contacting the site admin, but I believe from the wording of the threatening message you posted that this requires site administration to eliminate the source.

Thank you for your concern and like-minded wish to ferret out this person/s. You are not alone in the Forum at large's desire to stamp this out. Not by a long shot.

Just to be clear if it hasn't been; none of the many previous Reported posts and PM's with this same pattern were marginalized, ignored or not dealt with very seriously. On the contrary, every single one has been diligently followed up as they get reported. The Hydra has many heads, is all.

It's unfortunate that the individual is still here causing problem. Our forum is only as good as the members and how we treat each other. I've seen forums that run wild with open and vicious attack on people's postings. People's posting were peppered with ads while the admin were just there to made money. I've also seen well managed forum with a group of very strict and nosy admins who aren't afraid to hammer down on people. Yah, it might feel like having a dad in the room, but it kept everything civil and everybody playing nice.

I think this forum has a lot of great people and it has been a good place to hang out for time wasting. Hopefully Beemerphile cares enough to work with the admind on this one. We don't want 1 or 2 bad apple to ruin it for the rest of us.

It's unfortunate that the individual is still here causing problem. Our forum is only as good as the members and how we treat each other. I've seen forums that run wild with open and vicious attack on people's postings. People's posting were peppered with ads while the admin were just there to made money. I've also seen well managed forum with a group of very strict and nosy admins who aren't afraid to hammer down on people. Yah, it might feel like having a dad in the room, but it kept everything civil and everybody playing nice.

I think this forum has a lot of great people and it has been a good place to hang out for time wasting. Hopefully Beemerphile cares enough to work with the admind on this one. We don't want 1 or 2 bad apple to ruin it for the rest of us.

Right, because if we all sit back and let this happen to Beemerphile. Who's next? What's stopping this clown from attacking others on here. I hope this gets resolved soon and the offending party gets the boot or perhaps some justice for cyber bullying. Don't we have laws against that?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I hate it when these kind of people pop up their head. And it's good to see banhammer action when it does.

The mods are on it i believe.

In the very short time that i've been here i've already taken a liking to your well informed way of communicating beemerphile. It is a loss if you left.

Back