• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

You Have Mail!

Beemerphile

#1 Elite
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
watchit said:
You said you weren't returning, yet here you are posting in other topics again. Let's see if you learned your lesson and watch your mouth this time around. Respect others or I guarantee you'll suffer like you've never suffered before, and not just on this website. You've been warned, again.

This forum has a member who really, really does not like me and makes these anonymous threats and attacks using disposable log-ins any time I post. He/she/it/they has/have been here for a long time and has/have attacked me here and other places. There is no way to have a discussion or try to heal differences with an anonymous terrorist. Obviously I "disrespected" him/her/it/them at some time in the distant past. Probably he/she/it/they said something totally incorrect and I called them on it rather than marveling at their ingenuity. I am a bit sarcastic at times. If someone really pulls my trigger I am a lot sarcastic. But I am a real person with a name and address, an engineering degree, and 45 years of riding and working on motorcycles. I actually know some things. But yes, I am sometimes sarcastic and sometimes I am wrong. At the urging of a couple of real people with names on this forum I have calmed that down a lot. I have tried to be more tentative in my conclusions and more graceful in how they are presented. I desire to be on bad terms with no person, but this little gutless virtual terrorist doesn't deal that way so there is no path to take if I wanted to resolve it. He/she/it/they demand respect but do not show it. There are several other members of this forum with long memories, but also with no interest in resolving differences. They are probably glad this clown is here and I expect that one of them is him/her/it.

I guess this is the nature of an anonymous internet forum. Most of you know my name. You know where I live, and several of you have been to my shop. For a few of you, I have changed your tires and fixed your bikes. I have sent you free parts with my return address on the package. I have given out my email and phone number and walked some of you through issues on the phone. I am not anonymous. Unfortunately, that makes it easy for the anonymous terrorist to ply his trade. It is a party where everyone wears masks and uses avatars instead of names. They make up credentials for themselves and since they are anonymous, they are not accountable for their actions or the positions they take. There are no consequences. They can be anything they imagine their defective little selves to be. If they really make a mess of it, they can throw the old identity away and create a new one. Or hundreds of them. They are free.

I am tired of going to parties like this. Especially when there is someone sitting in the room constantly farting and looking menacing at me. Anyone with any sense would just leave the room. I've done this several times here and I guess I need to learn my lesson. I need to show that I have some sense. I will stick to gatherings of real people with real names, credentials, identities, and backgrounds.

He/she/it/they win/wins.

Last edited:
WTH! That is ridiculous. There has got to be something in the rules of this forum regarding threats. This needs to be taken care of by Admin or somebody that has the power to officiate this board. I may not have a right to make this request but as far as I'm concerned that member should be permanently banned for making a threat to a fellow member.

Take this for what it's worth and know I hear you and hope you stay:

If you really fear for your life or safety from this person or someone on a board then tell a mod about it. There are ways of back tracking IP's VERY easily so this "nameless" person will suddenly have a name, address and face and be able to be spoken to by law enforcement for making a threat. My guess, based on many years of dealing with crap, is they are harmless and like to hide behind the keyboard in their moms basement trying to be a bad ***.

Now if you don't, you need to grow a thicker skin online or simply stop being so brash with your responses. Not saying they are or aren't but YOU decide how YOU come across based upon what, how and when you write it. Want to keep a low profile, then do it; want to be a source of ideas then answer accordingly. Want to cause drama then be a drama queen and be opinionated. Again, not saying you are doing something wrong or aren't right in your responses but almost in a way I feel like you're doing a "look-at-me" thing right now and are sort of asking for drama. So stay or go, your choice, no need to keep feeding this, IMHO which is what it feels like you're doing right now.

Had a guy threaten me off of an ad I had on Craigslist a few winters ago over about $100 worth of snowmobile parts I was selling. He was a dick to me in an email conversation, I told him to screw off I'd sell them to someone else who was not acting like a jerk and he kept coming after me eventually wanting to "meet me in a parking lot" to settle it. Thing is the guy used his work email in his conversations and it was a local business so finding an HR contact was easy search and so was packaging all of his emails and sending them to the owner stating this is what your guy has been doing in company time with company resources and I don't appreciate the threat of bodily harm from a company email and the police and a lawyer were my next step if it continued. Guess what, it stopped immediately and I got an apology from the business owner.

There are ways of dealing with threats, your call on how you want to do it and if you want to.

Mike

Beemerphile, My wife calls me a creeper, due to I really enjoy reading the posts of others, viewing their pictures, and folks like you willing to share in their knowledge. I very seldom post anything, and very seldom offer advice. I missed your posts while you were gone and many times you helped with something I was having trouble with. Your knowledge is appreciated and I would benefit is you stayed on the forum. If the folks above this are right, I think the jerk above should be looked up, charges filed, and IP banned in all ways. Years ago we had a person like that in an organization I was a member of, and he got the nickname spoon. Seemed all he wanted to do was stir up stuff. We decided we didn't need a spoon, fork and knife was good enough. Do what you think you must. I will miss your posts.
Ed

I'd check with a Mod or Admin on this site. Most of these types of forums send an IP ping to the site admin whenever an entry is posted. If this is the case here, I imagine that address could then be easily blocked from any further entries. Can't hurt to check.

I hate that he/she/it would win. I guess it's the fighter in me. I wouldn't know how to fight a virtual fight. I'm sure there's a way....

I usually try to meet as many forum members as I can when I stay on one. I'm only on two. This one and I'm a moderator on a workout forum. I would like to meet you (Beemer) one day.

Unfortunately it's not as simple as looking up an IP anymore. Because of the media reporting on hacking so much, the average person has learned how to cover their tracks quite easily. I will not discuss the methods you can use as I don't want to educate the wrong person. We had someone also write a threatening e-mail at work that was reported to the police, but unless the threat is clearly defined they won't do anything about it. The moron who sent this message was vague enough probably on purpose. My advice is to let the admins do their job while we all just ignore such messages until they are deleted.

I urge you to stay and help expose the identity of this member. We need to get rid of him and keep you!

This forum has a member who really, really does not like me and makes these anonymous threats and attacks using disposable log-ins any time I post.

Can you clarify? Do you mean the email is originating from the "outside" of the forum, using a one-use email system?
I thought most web forums disallow this functionality (emails from the outside)?

Unfortunately it's not as simple as looking up an IP anymore. Because of the media reporting on hacking so much, the average person has learned how to cover their tracks quite easily. I will not discuss the methods you can use as I don't want to educate the wrong person. We had someone also write a threatening e-mail at work that was reported to the police, but unless the threat is clearly defined they won't do anything about it. The moron who sent this message was vague enough probably on purpose. My advice is to let the admins do their job while we all just ignore such messages until they are deleted.

I've been on other sites where anonymizer services IPs have been blocked from logging into the site, or blocked from posting/pming... you can look at the site and read everything but if you are going through a known proxy then you can't post anything.

I've been on other sites where anonymizer services IPs have been blocked from logging into the site, or blocked from posting/pming... you can look at the site and read everything but if you are going through a known proxy then you can't post anything.

I'll have to check that. I run a program on my computer and I'm not sure I'm affected like that. I'm pretty sure I used to post on the Jeep JK forum all the time with my IP masked but I very well could be wrong. You have me curious though.

Sorry to here this Beemer. I have followed you here and ADV forum and your knowledge and willingness to share is so much more appreciated than I can express. there is a similiar forum icon member on the Wildguzzi forum, and he too has been attacked by fuquetards like the asshat that is stalking you. Just know that those that appreciate you far outnumber the turds you quoted above.

Some times the road I RIDE is new, paved, and quite smooth, and other times the road I RIDE is dirt, old, and quite bumpy. But either road is fine by me, because I never met a road I didn't like to RIDE!

My best advice is to work with the admin when you get these messages, but otherwise ignore them. This guy will not actually raise the level to an actual threat, because he's a coward - that's why he's sending anonymously. Someone mentioned needing a thicker skin when posting on the web. With someone so knowledgable and willing to help others as much as you, that is a requirement. Don't let this guy spoil it for you and 99% of other forum members - not just on this forum either.

There are real threats out there to be concerned about. I believe four warning shots to the chest usually stops the threat. CCW is a good thing.

I think we all need to don our detective hats. This person has obviously had public beef with Beemer in these forums in the past before resorting to fake names as a scare tactic. It's obvious Beemer is popular, and anyone with any ill-will against him doesn't stand a chance of getting any support. I am reasonably new to these forums but know I have read some older threads where a war of words has occurred between Beemer and a select few. I'll be damned if I remember what they were though. We need to find those names and analyze the spelling/writing styles of all involved. It's not going to be too difficult to round up potential suspects - we're not exactly dealing with world-class spies.

I'm very sorry to hear this. Good luck to you.

Cretins like watchit are a dime a thousand on the Internet. They only have power if you give it to them. Otherwise, they are nothing.

Last edited:
Everyone has a right to their opinions, but I'm disappointed when people with the same passion for riding get into disagreements on threads, and can't let it go. I too enjoy reading your posts Beemer, and hope this issue just goes away.

Unfortunately it's not as simple as looking up an IP anymore.

An IP is just one piece of the puzzle and everybody eventually makes a mistake. If we had a dump of the registration info and http logs (for only that user) I am sure the field could be narrowed considerably.

But a bit of content analysis might be more interesting. I spent about an hour with the forum search and google and ended up with a member who:
  • has tangled with Beemerphile in the past and perceives himself to have been wronged
  • writes in a similar style which has a consistent punctuation quirk
  • google shows correlation between posts from his unique username and the word "respect" on forums, and a lesser correlation with "been warned"
  • claims to be from the same US state
  • made an announcement slightly before this this thread was posted with the PM in it

Is this conclusive? No. I am suggesting that with enough time and interest it's feasible to suss it out. A dump of previous threatening PMs would reveal if the pattern holds.

Back