• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

You Meet The Nicest People...

I don't care if he waits ten years for the bike. You gotta get the one you want, period! Never settle for what someone else is happy with.

I may get one with ABS someday, but I am totally happy with the one I have now and the money I save in fuel cost would make the payment, if I had one.

Drifter this is a great bike with or without ABS. It's not going to satisfy everyone but it is a keeper for me.

Wait and get the bike you want, or buy one now and trade it for a new one with the options your looking for.

Either way, you wont loose. ttfn

Drifter,
Anything worth having is worth waiting for... A fellow biker buddy on a machine by another manufacturer that is synonymous with lime green color got the "V" machine [which, from a distance, looks like the NC700] because he couldn't wait ... And when he saw my NC700 months later, wished he'd waited. By then, he already had miles on his "V" machine , and would have to shift it before he could get his hands on something else.

Also, when I was in the market for a machine, it was suggested I get a little entry-level machine, then trade up to what I really want later. I preferred to not be out of pocket with a machine I wasn't excited about and instead, wait for what I wanted. In the meantime, I did the BRC, and prepared for its arrival. Months later, I got what I wanted, and everyday I ride, I'm reminded that I made the right decision for me, as only you can for you. So take your sweet time before you spend your dime...

Last edited:
I too was interested in the Versys, but I found a used one for sale and tried it out. It felt claustrophobic to me because of a higher windscreen and the saddle felt weirdly short after riding a flat saddle GS500 for a few months. My NC doesn't feel like that and while ABS would have been nice, the additional $$$ probably would have jacked it up out of my price range. I too am Happy.

All that is fine providing it doesn't involve personal abuse.

frigging elly here we go again that word personal abuse
yawn1.gif

cry-baby-johnny-depp-john-waters-3701324-195x300.jpg

I think many a Swiss resident openly carries! Happy?

CONTENT WARNING: No motorcycle contents, just answering a friend's question. Others can/should look away.

Yes we are allowed but only with a permit. Not many gun-owners carry open nor concealed.
We do not have really nasty people.
Almost every village will have a gun club and we hold Rifle and Pistol shooting every chance we get.
They are all in good fun, and mostly are precision shooting.

Combat shooting is new. They became popular after those what-you-call-them shoot-em-up Hollywood movies.
:p

I too was interested in the Versys, but I found a used one for sale and tried it out. It felt claustrophobic to me because of a higher windscreen and the saddle felt weirdly short after riding a flat saddle GS500 for a few months. My NC doesn't feel like that and while ABS would have been nice, the additional $$$ probably would have jacked it up out of my price range. I too am Happy.

Drifter please do not take this personally. It is all in fun and games. We don't want you to go away.

Don't Worry Be Happy!

Bobby McFerrin - Don't Worry Be Happy - YouTube

Hey hey hey....I am Happy. Name already taken!
You can be happy....but I am Happy. Got it?
:p :p :p
(Just kidding, just in case someone grumpy finds this as ammo to shoot me down)

CONTENT WARNING: No motorcycle contents, just answering a friend's question. Others can/should look away.

Yes we are allowed but only with a permit. Not many gun-owners carry open nor concealed.
We do not have really nasty people.
Almost every village will have a gun club and we hold Rifle and Pistol shooting every chance we get.
They are all in good fun, and mostly are precision shooting.

Combat shooting is new. They became popular after those what-you-call-them shoot-em-up Hollywood movies.

The law here depends on what state you're in. In Virginia, where I live, I can open carry all day long and nothing can be done about it. I might get harassed by the coppers in some areas but not the area I live in as it's mostly country gun loving people here. We can carry concealed with a permit, which I do have. Never had to use it other than practice but as a wise man once said "I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it."

Here in Texas we can not carry handguns open, but with a concealed handgun permit we can carry concealed. Because of concealed carry, crime has gone down. The criminal does not know who has a handgun and who does not. Most criminals are cowards and choose perceived easy targets, with concealed carry it is a roll of the dice for them, wolves in sheep's clothing really do exist!

Last edited:
Happy, would an immigrant be allowed to keep firearms in your country?

Yes, depending on his country of origin. There is a short list of 6 banned countries. I will not list them here.
Only permanent residents are allowed to apply for gun ownership permit.
Temporary residents will need a letter from a gunclub to ascertain he can buy a weapon purely for shooting hobby.

Of course those who absconded from persecution in his home country like some celebrity in US talk shows, will probably not get a permit.

Every village (or every 2nd village) has a gun club and shooting range. It is in swiss culture.
The low level of serious gun crimes could be attributed to the low amount of people who can actually operate a PS3 or XBOX to play violent games.

My favorite right now is Uncharted series. I play Rainbow Six and MetalGearSolid and GrandtheftAuto, etc etc.
Am I violent?
Only if you tell me sh*t....
Peace....it's better for the heart.

Last edited:
I stand corrected, there are Some of the nicest people on here!

I have to agree buying something just to settle or to join the herd..in the long run will make you an unhappy camper. I have owned over 50 bikes only a couple were quick spur of the moment buys. I research, read listen, talk to owners, ride one etc. then buy. For me this is what works..not always but most of the time. This applies to almost every purchase bike or not.... keeps the Happy in Camper! Those new 500s are looking good also!

I have to agree buying something just to settle or to join the herd..in the long run will make you an unhappy camper. I have owned over 50 bikes only a couple were quick spur of the moment buys. I research, read listen, talk to owners, ride one etc. then buy. For me this is what works..not always but most of the time. This applies to almost every purchase bike or not.... keeps the Happy in Camper! Those new 500s are looking good also!

When I bought my NC, I knew I was going to add a lot of accessories to it. In the stock form, it wouldn't have been the bike I would have been content with.
When I add all the stuff that I want, I will be a happy camper. If it already had all the stuff I wanted, I wouldn't have been able to pay for it.
I'm not one to borrow for something like this, so I add to it when I can.
The 500's do look nice, but I don't think they will beat the 700 in mpg or low COG. My NC is getting close to the bike I have wanted. I hope you find yours.

Now where's My Camper?

Keep posting, nothing is stopping you in this camp even if you do not own a NC.
I think many of us are just welcoming in our blood.

Nothing wrong with taking your time and doing reasearch before buying anything. However when it comes to bikes I often tend to buy with my heart rather than my head. Sometimes it works out sometimes it doesn't lucky for me it's more often the former rather than the latter.I do tend to give more consideration and thought when buying my commuter bikes than I do my leisure bikes. ith the leisure bikes I tend to see one that I like the look of test ride it and if I find that it gives me the right vibes then my only considerations are can I afford it and will it fit in the garage. Negative answers to both these questions are the the only reason there is not a brand new GL1800 in the garage. I wish we could get them at US prices :)

I did sugest to Sue that she sold her bikes to make room for the Wing. I would post her reply but it would get me banned from the forum :) :)

(((I did sugest to Sue that she sold her bikes to make room for the Wing. I would post her reply but it would get me banned from the forum)))

go on the Rocker we're all waiting!!;)

I actually fell in love with the ncx once I saw the frunk, then the price. Really it had all the main things I wanted, but ABS wasn't on the list anyway.

I came from the import tuner crowd so I'm used to modding thing expensive things to make it more how I want it.

(((I did sugest to Sue that she sold her bikes to make room for the Wing. I would post her reply but it would get me banned from the forum)))

go on the Rocker we're all waiting!!;)

You and one other maybe. I don't seem to have a problem with anyone else. Why not just get on and enjoy the forum and leave me to the same instead of making personal comments

You and one other maybe. I don't seem to have a problem with anyone else. Why not just get on and enjoy the forum and leave me to the same instead of making personal comments

Dear Rocker66,
kindly do unto others what you want others to do unto yourself.

If you are a bit more sensitive, you have been commenting on MY comments when some weeks ago, you have aggressively told me to shut up and stay clear from you. Honest to God, I have been keeping my part of the bargain.

I have been "ignoring" your "personal comments" when you quote me, whilst now you are quoting others and telling John to shut up about you. You are the only one in my ignore list and will continue to be.

Please, I do not intend to pursue this nor air this dirty laundry about us or about you.

You seem to have one set of standards for yourself, and maintain a totally different one for people you offended or people who "seemed to have" offended you. I do not wish to dig out the posts you made to prove this, but I am 100% certain I am not imagining things, nor bearing a grudge. You did admit you were bearing me a grudge on the contrary.

We all want a happy forum. I have no problems whatsoever with others. It is YOU, who seem to be very opinionated and irrational (grumpy) at certain times.
If you play good ball, we will all play good ball.

Thank you for reading, and please don't take this too personally. It is really an objective plea for you to take another look at yourself and your hidden agenda posts towards me or John.

Thank you and hopefully you stop crying foul.
Live and let live you said, please do it.

"leave me"...you said, I respectfully ask you (once more) to do the same to me. Leave me and my posts (comments) alone.
Please do not quote me or rebuke me like a grumpy lecturer.

We / I shall follow YOUR lead.
:)

Last edited:
Back