• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2014: What did you do WITH your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just purchased a new house so for the past couple weeks I've been working on the new place and moving. Today was my first commute on the NC from the new place. Now I have a 30 mile ride to work, the morning was a little cool, but the evening ride was excellent 50 deg with blue skies.

Me and the wife went for a little ride today. I'd say we rode about 150 miles. This would seem like no big deal to most of you but my wife has never ridden on a motorcycle. We have been married 8 years. Granted I never had anything under 954cc prior to this bike since we have been together. I was surprise at how well she did. Sat still, leaned in the corners, and only banged her helmet into mine a couple times. LOL. The little NC did pretty good too. Only shifted down a few times on steep hills. She seems to like 3500rpms under a heavier load and average grade. Not a bad day at all.

I did nothing with mine as one of my other bikes was in need of an outing. The NC is the most used so fair is fair. I include a shot from yesterday.

P1020605.jpg

Did a little over 200 miles on a ride with 2 S10s. Mix of pavement and dirt. Here is one of the water crossings we did.

Got 72mpg. I'm sure the S10s were no where close to that.

Nancy and I found a good place to take a selfie

we found a little ice

Surveyed our domain

But we decided to turn around when things looked too deep

Last edited:
I've had the NC for about 3 weeks now (first bike) and I took it up into the nearby hills/mountains for the first time, at the low levels of Sequoia National Forest. Weather was great for a ride, and I had a blast riding those twisty roads! I could get used to this.

IMG_8785[1].jpg

I've had the NC for about 3 weeks now (first bike) and I took it up into the nearby hills/mountains for the first time, at the low levels of Sequoia National Forest. Weather was great for a ride, and I had a blast riding those twisty roads! I could get used to this.

Great photo and glad your enjoying your bike

Actually, the weather has been 'normal'; we just have been used to the mild winters we have had for the last 5-10 years. Last year I only had one night where the low was in the single digits. This year, I have had a day where the high was in the single digits (8'F) and further north it has even been colder. Last January, I rode one of my bikes to work most of the time. This January, I have ridden one day the whole freaking month. My driveway (150') has been a sheet of ice most of the time, and when it has been thawed, the hill out of my valley has still been iced over (4x4 jeeps are good this time of year :))

2014-02-01 16.33.46.jpg

I renewed my state inspection and took advantage of the decent weather break and rode around for a while. I've been getting stir crazy lately. I also ordered up a set of the Road Pilot 4's while I was at the shop. Those are supposed to be some really nice road tires. Afterwards, I took advantage of having some extra space in the garage with the bike out and made a little progress on a copper heat exchanger that I've been working on for my brewery. It was a pretty good day.

It's still sitting at the dealership (bought it in December.) All my riding right now is in my head and imagination, which, while amusing, is only what it is. Good skiing, however, except for my stupid fall yesterday (a bit twisty.)
My driveway snowpiles are five and six feet and the temps keep dropping well below zero... but some day all that will change.

It's still sitting at the dealership (bought it in December.) All my riding right now is in my head and imagination, which, while amusing, is only what it is. Good skiing, however, except for my stupid fall yesterday (a bit twisty.)
My driveway snowpiles are five and six feet and the temps keep dropping well below zero... but some day all that will change.

Congrats on the bike. Hope the weather clears up soon so you can go get her.

We are having lots of storms and rainfall over here. Today we had a break. Needless to say the NC was on the move.......

P1020706.jpg

P1020708.jpg

Gotta wait a while for these piles to go away... unless my son and I carry out our plan to trailer our bikes sufficiently southward for a few days.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1391368967166.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1391368967166.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 421
View attachment 11150

I renewed my state inspection and took advantage of the decent weather break and rode around for a while. I've been getting stir crazy lately. I also ordered up a set of the Road Pilot 4's while I was at the shop. Those are supposed to be some really nice road tires. Afterwards, I took advantage of having some extra space in the garage with the bike out and made a little progress on a copper heat exchanger that I've been working on for my brewery. It was a pretty good day.

Nice looking cases. How do you like them and what brand are they ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back