• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2014: What did you do WITH your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My fingertips get really cold from grabbing the levers in traffic, especially heavy traffic when my fingers spend a lot of time on the levers so I wrapped them tennis racket handle wrap. Now they are nicely insulated and no more cold fingertips.

My fingertips get really cold from grabbing the levers in traffic, especially heavy traffic when my fingers spend a lot of time on the levers so I wrapped them tennis racket handle wrap. Now they are nicely insulated and no more cold fingertips.

Do you find that your fingers not being able to slide is a plus? Or does the tape still allow the glove to slide easily?

Do you find that your fingers not being able to slide is a plus? Or does the tape still allow the glove to slide easily?

I haven't really noticed any benefit or detriment from the increased friction between glove and lever. My fingers are just warmer. :)

Coosa River starts in NW Georgia and goes through Rome before entering Alabama.

See, told you I was too lazy to look on a map……..and anyone from Alabama knows the important world is within the Bama borders.

Doubt there are any 2 wheelers on road in central Georgia today.

Saturday took this pic in what was the once thriving downtown of Godfrey, GA.

I have intentionally search for Ghost Towns since moving to Arkansas. Although it to sad they are no longer inhabited I think it is cool to visit them.

It was an incredibly nice day here in Central Texas, so I took advantage. Clicked off about 480 miles to meet friends for lunch and generally wander around. Snapped a few photos while I was out and about.

Power Plant somewhere around Huntsville, TX (because I thought that was still the 'tag' for that thread.... it's not!):

Untitled by treybrad, on Flickr

and a dirt road shot around Livingston, TX:

Untitled by treybrad, on Flickr

Great day!

trey

With over a foot of snow everywhere and ice, I have serious cabin fever. My stock 2012 nc700x seat is terrible. I've been looking at new seats and all cost as much as a new recliner. Well I went to harbor freight and purchased a $22 air staple gun, floor foam you to stand on, then to jo-ann fabric and got 1 yard of marine black vinyl, outdoor thread, needle, yard 1 inch foam, a can a heavy duty spray glue. I pulled out staples on stock seat with thin screw driver and pliers. I added +2 inches of floor foam to the front of seat and 1 inch to the rear. This kept my groin from diving forward on stock seat. I shaped all the hard foam after the glue dried with an electric carving knife I use at thanksgiving. I then glued the 1 inch soft foam on top of the entire whole seat. I then made a seam pattern using old seat cover and newspaper on the new cushion. I used pattern to cut the vinyl. My wife helped me sew the front and back seams. I stretched and stapled. The seat is super comfortable and just right for me. I could not stretch the front side vinyl like stock, so not that perfect showroom look. For most of my longer trips I sit of black wood beads anyway, so I'm cool with it. The sewed seams on the front and back worked out very well. If you are perfectionist, buy a new seat. If you over 55, cheap like me, and need creature comforts, this worked for me. My advise is to measure several times and get the pattern 100% prior to cutting vinyl just right. Give yourself extra side vinyl. You can cut it after you staple vinyl seat on. This project helped me enjoy a otherwise cold indoor day. Cost(use coupons: staple gun $22, $4 staples, glue $7, floor foam $6, vinyl $10, 1inch foam $5, $6 outdoor thread, $6 needle for vinyl. $66 total plus tax and your time)

Rode to Bagdad with Dad. Very nice weather and a really fun ride! Kinda makes me wish I had one of those small digital video cameras some of you have. However, I just have to rely on my memory. :)

With over a foot of snow everywhere and ice, I have serious cabin fever. My stock 2012 nc700x seat is terrible. I've been looking at new seats and all cost as much as a new recliner. Well I went to harbor freight and purchased a $22 air staple gun, floor foam you to stand on, then to jo-ann fabric and got 1 yard of marine black vinyl, outdoor thread, needle, yard 1 inch foam, a can a heavy duty spray glue. I pulled out staples on stock seat with thin screw driver and pliers. I added +2 inches of floor foam to the front of seat and 1 inch to the rear. This kept my groin from diving forward on stock seat. I shaped all the hard foam after the glue dried with an electric carving knife I use at thanksgiving. I then glued the 1 inch soft foam on top of the entire whole seat. I then made a seam pattern using old seat cover and newspaper on the new cushion. I used pattern to cut the vinyl. My wife helped me sew the front and back seams. I stretched and stapled. The seat is super comfortable and just right for me. I could not stretch the front side vinyl like stock, so not that perfect showroom look. For most of my longer trips I sit of black wood beads anyway, so I'm cool with it. The sewed seams on the front and back worked out very well. If you are perfectionist, buy a new seat. If you over 55, cheap like me, and need creature comforts, this worked for me. My advise is to measure several times and get the pattern 100% prior to cutting vinyl just right. Give yourself extra side vinyl. You can cut it after you staple vinyl seat on. This project helped me enjoy a otherwise cold indoor day. Cost(use coupons: staple gun $22, $4 staples, glue $7, floor foam $6, vinyl $10, 1inch foam $5, $6 outdoor thread, $6 needle for vinyl. $66 total plus tax and your time)

Wow! That's an impressive DIY job there. I was wondering though, as it seems you added a lot of material to the seat, are rather long in the legs? Reaching the ground from the NC700 X is an issue for a lot of folks, even with the stock seat.

We are having a couple of warmer days before Winter comes back. I had to get out and ride today. The ice and snow are off our roads and the temp was mid 40's when I left home and now it's 61 F. After about 60 miles, I was tired of fighting the 20 mph gusting headwinds, so I turned back home. The ride home with the tailwinds was much more enjoyable. Come on Spring!

Got it dirty.................... went for a ride for the first time this month. It was a nice day temps in the low 60's, the snow is almost all melted, but the streets are really messy from the runoff of the melting snow. Also like Garydj said very windy today.

OK let us have a look at the end results..pictures please;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back