• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2014: What did you do WITH your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Took it in for the 600 ( 760 actual ) mile service, everything was fine EXCEPT the chain has already stretched, they called Honda trying to get it replaced under warranty.
If the answer is no I still need to change it as they were barely to adjust it within specs.
If I have to buy one, is the DID chain still most favored?

That just doesn't seem right to have that kind of wear at 760 miles. Being one to distrust dealer service, I'd want to see this with my own eyes. In the end it would be free, but having the dealer replace the chain just opens up the possibility of more things going wrong.

Took it in for the 600 ( 760 actual ) mile service, everything was fine EXCEPT the chain has already stretched, they called Honda trying to get it replaced under warranty.
If the answer is no I still need to change it as they were barely to adjust it within specs.
If I have to buy one, is the DID chain still most favored?
Hard for me to believe that a chain can stretch beyond usability in only 760 miles. My chain didn't even need adjusting with so few miles of use? I would be suspicious of the techs(?) working on my bike!

Went riding with a friend of mine.was going 65 mph and my shield started to move.pulled in at a dealer to find two of my well nuts came out.and the shield holes were a little wore.I check them once a week but they finally gave out.4 zip ties and back on the road.some dale nut plates will be ordered soon.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I did my first 500 mile day Saturday, from Mass up through backroads of New Hampshire with 3 others, and around some of the best roads the White Mountains and NH has to offer. We had planned to take the autoroad up Mt Washington but had already decided to skip it even before we went past and saw the long line of cars backed up waiting to get up. But it turned into a 16 hour day and probably 12 hours of that was spent riding. The Shad seat I installed sure does seem to help but I was more then glad to get home that night.

What did I do WITH her?

I went on a nice little 100+ mile ride through the northern California wine country and redwoods, had myself a delicious meatball panini and a nice ice cold beer from Hopland Tap House.

The route? Mark West Springs Road to Calistoga, Highway 29 east over Cobb Mountain and into Middletown. Highway 175 from Middletown to Lakeport, then Highway 175 from Lakeport to Hopland. After that it was mostly freeway (101) back to Sonoma County.

Absolutely gorgeous ride and relaxing. Next time I do it I'll have emulators installed up front and a proper spring on the rear shock and we should have a blast with it.

Went on a ride with a group from the ADV forum
WP_20140719_007.jpg

Saw this

WP_20140719_005.jpg

I did this

oops.jpg

and she looks like this after the ride

WP_20140719_008.jpg

It was a great day!!

Wonder if I can get Johnakay to give her a bath

Bamamate,
I friend of mine was on that ride with you, Tracy, on a DR 650. He really enjoyed your company, and was quiet impressed with you and the bike. I think he was really surprised at how you and the NC handled the terrain. Sounded like a lot of fun. Great pictures.

Yes, rode a lot today with Tracy. Great guy. He made sure this noob didn't kill himself. I've got to make it up to his neck of the woods to ride with him again.

Wonder if I can get Johnakay to give her a bath!

sure I'll give her a bath and I'll even clean your house windows if you pay my flight there and back!;)

How can you have a Rossi flag but not a Edwards or Spies flag and live in Texas?!?!!?

Mad dash to Phoenix this morning. 80-85 MPH for 95 miles, another 85 in Phx. Put in 2.52 gallons ; ) Broke the Ton at one point. Handles NOTICEABLY better with tires at max pressure. Seat still needs some work.

How can you have a Rossi flag but not a Edwards or Spies flag and live in Texas?!?!!?

Ha, my signed Spies and Schwantz swag is on the wall behind me in this pic. Oddly, I don't have any Edwards stuff.... I'd love to take his boot camp course.

trey

Ha, my signed Spies and Schwantz swag is on the wall behind me in this pic. Oddly, I don't have any Edwards stuff.... I'd love to take his boot camp course.

trey

I was never a Schwantz fan, but Spies has always been fun to watch. I would like to go to Edwards' camp also, but it's a little too much cash money these days. :)

Last week I rode 2400 miles over 4 days from Wisconsin to the Catskills and back. Had a great ride though my bum was a little sore, with a gel cover on the stock seat. Otherwise Hank did a great job!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

213 mile loop -- second best tank for MPG while 2 up

Went out on a club ride yesterday (ok, too lazy to post the day of after getting home!) for a little over 200 miles 2 up including about 12 miles of dirt. This was one of my best MPG tanks, even though riding with a passenger. Something about the club rides on the back roads tends to help lift my mileage even though some of it is, um, spirited riding. Filled the tank immediately before starting ride and topped off again at same station after the ride. We covered 213.6 miles on San Diego's highway 76, 79, Sunrise Highway and about 12 miles of dirt on Black Canyon Road using just 2.503 gallons for 85.3 MPG. Still love this bike after 16K miles.

A scenic view on Black Canyon Road
20140720_161247.jpg

Taking the twisties on Mesa Grande
10473049_10202213941536683_5749425379939735457_o.jpg

Went out on a club ride yesterday (ok, too lazy to post the day of after getting home!) for a little over 200 miles 2 up including about 12 miles of dirt. This was one of my best MPG tanks, even though riding with a passenger. Something about the club rides on the back roads tends to help lift my mileage even though some of it is, um, spirited riding. Filled the tank immediately before starting ride and topped off again at same station after the ride. We covered 213.6 miles on San Diego's highway 76, 79, Sunrise Highway and about 12 miles of dirt on Black Canyon Road using just 2.503 gallons for 85.3 MPG. Still love this bike after 16K miles.

A scenic view on Black Canyon Road
View attachment 18935

Taking the twisties on Mesa Grande
View attachment 18936

Awesome!

How fast were you going on the "highways?"

When I cruise at 65mph (110 miles a day, commuting), I end up getting 65-67mpg, every single time. I can't do better. It does seem to do better when I get below 60mph, or am on backroads where my average speed is less as well. So I'm curious.... when you say highway, do you mean SoCal freeway, or do you mean backroads?

Awesome!

How fast were you going on the "highways?"

When I cruise at 65mph (110 miles a day, commuting), I end up getting 65-67mpg, every single time. I can't do better. It does seem to do better when I get below 60mph, or am on backroads where my average speed is less as well. So I'm curious.... when you say highway, do you mean SoCal freeway, or do you mean backroads?

I also commute daily 94 miles round trip by motorcycle. That round trip route includes about 55 miles of Interstate Freeway (I-15) at 65-75 MPH, about 13 miles of major artery city streets at 45-55MPH, and maybe 24 miles of rural twisties at 50-60 MPH. In those conditions a typical figure for me is closer to 71 to 73 MPG with proper tire inflation and a fairly new and properly lubed chain. I have no luggage on the bike but do wear a back pack. I don't tuck to streamline while doing freeway speeds. Windshield is adjusted to upper position. I do make use of a Go Cruise throttle lock which probably helps a bit with avoiding unnecessary throttle adjustments that might impact the mileage. If I'm riding more aggressively on this route then my average comes out in the 67-69 range. I've got a spreadsheet with nearly all of my fill ups with the mileage and any significant factors (new chain, new tires, valve adjustment, etc).

On this particular 85.3MPG outing, I was one bike in a group of 13 or 14 bikes. The 'highway' designation in this area (as opposed to 'freeway') is typically a 2 lane (one each way) back road with 50 to 55 MPH speed limits and very few stop lights or stop signs. With this group we're typically doing the speed limit or slightly higher on straighter portions and may go slower than the speed limit in more technical sections to reduce pucker factor for newer, less experienced riders on the outing. For this ride, all but about 20 miles were on these 50-55MPH secondary roads. The dirt road was taken at 20-25 MPH for comfort due to fairly regularly occurring washboard sections. This route was also in the mountains north and west of San Diego, so there were sections we had to power up hill but could also ease off the throttle on the down hills while following cars that were adhering to the speed limit more than we might have otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back