• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2014: What did you do WITH your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picture from Redwoods and northern California

Attachments

• WP_20140905_003.jpg
    WP_20140905_003.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 259
  • WP_20140904_005.jpg
    WP_20140904_005.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 265
  • WP_20140904_003.jpg
    WP_20140904_003.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 265
I rode a block down the street stopped well behind a fedex truck. Then he proceeded to back up right into my bike. :(. Time for insurance and repairs. No personal injuries but the front end of my nc700x is kind of messed up now.

Intotheeddy.com

I'm headed up to the Blueridge Motorcycle Campground tomorrow to spend some time on the Parkway and some of the NC backroads. If it stops raining, I might even consider taking the bike off of the trailer.

DSC00934.jpg

...sorry I'll miss you Fuzzy I look forward to meeting you someday. Thanks for the recommendation of the America Rides Maps. I ordered the whole set. This will be my first trip on the Parkway and this section of NC. I'm looking forward to it.

Rich

I picked up a KLR650 to keep my NC company yesterday and drove the NC today to pick up maintenance supplies for the KLR. Between the two I've put on over 500 miles and the weekend's not over yet!

Bros.jpg

I wish I could ride the KLR650, because it does have great features at a great price. But with my inseam I would fall over every time I stopped on a bike with a 35" seat height.

Last edited:
Well, yesterday, I actually uncovered and started mine up after she sat for the past few months. (purrs like a kitten still - I think she misses me)
I'm still on the mend from lower back surgery, and am now just coming up on the 'it's safe to ride again' part of the healing process.
I still have to get the rear left directional light fixed (as I accidentally kicked that off earlier this year due to my back issues), so probably no riding for me at all this season.
I guess over the winter I will have to research and buy side cases and top case, install those, and wait for the great spring thaw...

Today I installed the Aprilia handguards on my bike and changed the bulb to a silverstar ultra.
038b6f34c25bfdc631b35b56d820b4c5.jpg

Nice I've ridden through those areas a few times, one time on the Knoxville Road to Clear Lake on my GoldWing. :eek:
If you want a more curvy ride up there take hwy 128 past Barryessa to Geyserville where it connects with hwy 101, then take hwy 128 where it splits back off again just north of Cloverdale.
I swear I almost rear ended myself the first few miles back into the hills.

Awesome 190 mile ride up the 33 through Ojai, Frazier Park, and then a butt clenching jaunt down the grapevine on the 5 and back home. Oh, and it hit 107 in Ojai and other parts. Ugggh. Plus, a little bit of rain in Frazier Park. Just enough to cool it down to 102.
d4651e1f8621ce0df396446396b20bcd.jpg

4534ce2a55a89b0a2f219cf1be75d748.jpg

Saturday I attended the largest geocaching event held in the state of Arkansas. It was at a place called Lake Sylvia. It is in Perryville, AR. I live in a town called Cabot, AR. It is a decent little ride and all said anbd done I think I put on 260 miles on the bike. This is a decent ride for me since most of you know I pretty much use the NCX to commute. She normally sits all weekend. I took the country route there (most northern) and the city route back. It was nice to finally ride the bike on some back roads although believe it or not I like riding through heavy interstate traffic.

Weekend.jpg

Took a 115 mile loop from Gig Harbor to Union, down to Shelton, through Allen and back to Purdy then Gig Harbor. Weather was perfect. Rode with a co worker, he had his 2002 GS1150 BMW. Nice morning ride.

Saturday I attended the largest geocaching event held in the state of Arkansas. It was at a place called Lake Sylvia. It is in Perryville, AR. I live in a town called Cabot, AR. It is a decent little ride and all said anbd done I think I put on 260 miles on the bike. This is a decent ride for me since most of you know I pretty much use the NCX to commute. She normally sits all weekend. I took the country route there (most northern) and the city route back. It was nice to finally ride the bike on some back roads although believe it or not I like riding through heavy interstate traffic.

View attachment 20298

Looks like you cut down Rooster Road through Skunk Hollow to bypass downtown Conway.

Looks like you cut down Rooster Road through Skunk Hollow to bypass downtown Conway.

E German Ln to Dave Ward Dr. From there I was on Hwy 60 until I reached Hwy 10. Hwy 10 was the best part. Hwy 324 to Lake Sylvia is OK? The road surface is pretty coarse so a lot of noise from the front tire coming through the forks. I would not recommend it if you ever head out that way unless you don't mind that kind of thing. It was nice and twisty but I did not like the rough texture of the pavement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back