• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2014: What did you do WITH your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Took the day off and went for a ride with the new Corban seat.stopped at the Neil Armstrong space musieum.
d19c771a651fce49036bbcad04f0f16a.jpg
456232c4bd5bcbe593f608c97b765da9.jpg
3f86416cca25f4703bcd7a7d7ca6cea5.jpg
6eb63eed17e991982fcfd823df0d5ee7.jpg

Installed some of those 40mm drop footpegs, ~$50 from ebay. Delivered from China in 7 calendar days. At work (shhh!) so no pics.

Getting used to them so have pushed off the cut/sewn ATV seat cover mod for a bit.

Tangentially related:
Bought a pair of used tourmaster venture pants off eBay in excellent condition for ~$60.
Bought a used Widder heated vest w/arm chaps and controller. Great condition for old tech. ~$60. Heats like a beast. Building a SAE to Widder adapter so I can use it from a battery tender cable which I will install during my next time off.

Rode from North Ga to Marietta, Ohio yesterday. About 500 miles. Except for no useful windshield, the trip was a blast
nubapudy.jpg

In back is Backbone Ridge, near Damascus, VA
Now to spend a couple of days with StayinSafe Advanced Rider Training plying the yummy roller-coaster roads of SE Ohio

Hubby took Tiny Human and I took the NC north a bit for some squiggly roads. About 1 1/2 hours, a little over 70 miles. Went up the 33 almost to Ojai, then took the 150 west past Lake Casitas. Sorry, no pictures since the lake was on my left and there were too many blind corners to cross over to a pull-out on that side. Plus I was in the zone and having fun.Sunday Ride.JPG
Less than a month to the Park n Ride rally, with a minimum of 150 miles plus getting home, so...yeah, trying to get into riding shape before then.

Rode from North Ga to Marietta, Ohio yesterday. About 500 miles. Except for no useful windshield, the trip was a blast
nubapudy.jpg

In back is Backbone Ridge, near Damascus, VA
Now to spend a couple of days with StayinSafe Advanced Rider Training plying the yummy roller-coaster roads of SE Ohio

Good looking bike! What tank bag are you using?

Spent last 4 days riding in the Blueridge Mountains centered on the Blueridge Motorcycle Campground. Met up with 20 friends who get together once or twice a year. Started as an MP3 gathering but has evolved. 3 NCs and a CTX participated. Also met Beemerphile at the campground Thursday afternoon but unfortunately did not get to spend any quality time with him. Wish I could have learned a few things from him in person. He left Friday morning with a bad back from helping a friend move some heavy items. Here's wishing him a quick recovery.

Other NC riders were Strick down from Maryland and Wleuthold up from Florida. The CTX was PonyDriver from Kentucky.

Weather was great and overall conditions near perfect. Great fellowship around campfire in evenings. I highly recommend the campground as a base for riding. They have Spartan a-frame cabins for $45 if you don't want to tent. Around 50 bikes there this weekend. Quite a few BMWs there with a rally in Cherokee.

Did a total of 981 miles for the weekend with 250 of that on US441 getting to and from the mountains so lots of twisty roads for the rest of the miles.

My riding buddy and I took a nice 210 mile ride last Friday starting in Placentia, CA, heading east to banning, Idylwild, and Temecula, before heading back home.
We stopped overlooking Banning Pass, and further on we admired Lake Fulmar, and then checked out the free iron sculpture museum at Vail Lake just east of Temecula.
All in all, a great ride.
Averaged 58mpg too. Not too shabby considering we started at 300 Ft elevation, climbed to 6300 Ft and averaging almost 75 mph on the freeways, before coming back home.

Attachments

• 20140926_090100.jpg
    20140926_090100.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 232
  • 20140926_092155.jpg
    20140926_092155.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 231
  • 20140926_112414.jpg
    20140926_112414.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 232
Rode out over the Grimselpass and then on to Grindelwald. A beautiful day. I was not the only biker to have tried the Grimselpass though.

DSCN0618.jpg

DSCN0621_edited-1.jpg

Did a 178mile loop on HWY 7 in the Ozark National Forest in Arkansas... Awesome ride and many twisty sand smooth roads. So much fun!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 158
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back