• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2015: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today was a fantastic warm (60+ degree) mid-November day here in Northern Colorado. I've got tons of paperwork and domestic chores to do at home, but I blew it all off and did the 2 things I most enjoy…

withMM1.jpg

I had planned to end the day by going to the gun range for the perfect trifecta, but I figure I really *should* do *something* productive today! I'll have plenty of time to do the "inside" stuff within the next week as I'm told we can expect snow within the next few days.

The plane is a Midget Mustang, btw. It's an all-metal homebuilt airplane. It uses a 100hp engine and can achieve cruising speeds right around 175mph without working at it too hard. It's not a big airplane. Empty weight (without fuel or me) is about 700 pounds.

Wow, beautiful plane. You fly an airplane which weighs less than a Goldwing :)

Wow, beautiful plane. You fly an airplane which weighs less than a Goldwing :)

True statement. I'm not sure if this says more about Goldwings or the airplane!

Believe it or not, I've been flying for about 25 years and think I now look forward to riding my NC700 more than flying! I often consider selling the airplane to make more room in the hangar for motorcycles!

Rode 165 miles today to make a Food Pantry delivery to a single mom in a tough spot. What do you think? Is that enough to justify my NEED to have added panniers and topbox? I could have used my car, I suppose... but, hey... at almost 50 degrees, this was a lot more fun.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1447692207369.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1447692207369.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 274
Over a three day weekend I led a bunch of sport touring bikes on day rides out of Lake Louisa State Park in Central Florida. We've had this Honda sport touring event since 2007. Between the ride down and back home 837 miles over 3 days. I lay out the routes and I love to hear the out of state visitors tell me "I never would have believed Florida had so many twisty roads". All they have ever heard is "318 miles and 1 curve".

Friday lunch at Peck's Old Port Cove Restaurant

Sunrise breakfast while waiting on the late sleepers

Actually, the road out to Peck's Old Port Cove Restaurant is curvy. Ozello Trail rd in Crystal River-quite a few 10mph-20mph curve warning signs. If you miss the curves, you could end up in some very wet marshes. I try to ride to the restaurant as least once every time I go down to Florida on vacation. About 1.5 hour ride each way from the house (between Archer and Williston).

Between my house and Lake Louisa SP are a few curves. Green Pond road around the Green Swamp area would be MOST of them.

We generally stayed on roads north and west of Clermont. Saturday was CR455, 561, 48, Lake Gem, Lake Ola, 441 to Wolf Branch, Britt Rd, Thrill Hill to Lake Eldorado Rd, 44a, Skyline Rd, 450, 42, SW182nd, SW180, 314a, 40, Lynn cutoff to 314, SE 1st St Rd, back down 314, 464c to Gator Joes, 25, 42, 452, Emerald Island Rd, Goose Prairie Rd, 452, Lake Eustis Dr, 19, 455, Sugarloaf Mountain Rd, Scrub Jay, Lake Minneola Rd, East Lakeshore, Lake Louisa Dr. 191 miles never on Green Pond. Would be easier to view as a .gdb.

Next year likely moving back up to Silver Springs and horse country.

Last edited:
Actually, the road out to Peck's Old Port Cove Restaurant is curvy. Ozello Trail rd in Crystal River-quite a few 10mph-20mph curve warning signs. If you miss the curves, you could end up in some very wet marshes. I try to ride to the restaurant as least once every time I go down to Florida on vacation. About 1.5 hour ride each way from the house (between Archer and Williston).

33 mi. from my soon-to-be canal house. (Supposed to be done by this past July)

Will be looking for roads up that-a-way.

Tonight I worked on a more sturdy way to mount the temporary fuel tank I cobbled together in 2014. I removed the pillion seat and installed a wooden rack with a cut-out for the main tank gas cap so I can fuel up the main and auxiliary tank without removing or lifting anything. The 2 gal. tank is strapped down to the rack. I'm thinking of attempting a BunBurner Gold in the next couple of weeks and need a fuel range of 250 miles averaging 75 mph.

http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-...-2-gallons.html?highlight=Temporary+fuel+tank

Tonight I worked on a more sturdy way to mount the temporary fuel tank I cobbled together in 2014. I removed the pillion seat and installed a wooden rack with a cut-out for the main tank gas cap so I can fuel up the main and auxiliary tank without removing or lifting anything. The 2 gal. tank is strapped down to the rack. I'm thinking of attempting a BunBurner Gold in the next couple of weeks and need a fuel range of 250 miles averaging 75 mph.

http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-...-2-gallons.html?highlight=Temporary+fuel+tank

That's a pretty big goal. It seems you will have to average 62.5mph. Fuel, restroom, and food will be short and sweet. Best of luck and be safe.

I did one in 2014 in 22:35. With adequate planning and a fair amount of luck in regards to traffic problems it becomes a mental effort. 1000 is pretty easy and if the average is where it needs to be I'll just keep going.

I did one in 2014 in 22:35. With adequate planning and a fair amount of luck in regards to traffic problems it becomes a mental effort. 1000 is pretty easy and if the average is where it needs to be I'll just keep going.

I have the stock seat and I'm starting hurt just thinking about it. I've done the 1000 in 24 and looked at the 1500 in 24. I just don't think I'm tough enough. Like you said, you could do everything perfect, but traffic, construction, or a wreck ahead could ruin everything.

Added an organizer to the lid of my GIVI topbox. I had one of these on the pelican case on my DR650. I ordered the same organizer, trimmed it a little and voila.

1125151537a_zpsenirby06.jpg

How many amp fuse?

Installed a USB/12v cigarette lighter power port after work this afternoon. Easy 15 minute job for anyone but me. ;) I always seem to drop something and it falls into the nether regions of the bike and I have to start removing plastic panels in order to reach it. Anyway, here it is.

View attachment 27618

Here's the Amazon link for it. Amazon.com: Motorcycles Fittings Power Port USB Cables Charger Socket Power Port Fit For Honda NC700 S/X 2012: Automotive
Dave,
What is the length of the wires included with this power outlet? Is there a fuse in the circuit included with the power outlet? If yes, how many amps? If not, what size (amps) fuse should I use?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back