• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2016: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finished product. Very pleased with the service and the seat so far.

JDE, I'm curious about the shape and width of the front of the seat. What is your inseam, if you don't mind my asking?

The Russell's look comfy and tempting to buy, but I don't think they would work for me (32" legs) on an NCX. A seat that shape works fine on my Goldwing, but the reach to the ground on the 'Wing is much shorter.

Last edited:
JDE, I'm curious about the shape and width of the front of the seat. What is your inseam, if you don't mind my asking?

The Russell's look comfy and tempting to buy, but I don't think they would work for me (32" legs) on an NCX. A seat that shape works fine on my Goldwing, but the reach to the ground on the 'Wing is much shorter.
I also have a 32 inch inseam. I'm not sure if just the seat alone would be a problem. My current issue after getting the seat done is I really cannot flat foot it at a stop, BUT I changed out my rear shock for a Wilbers a while back. Even though it was supposed to stay the stock height it did raise the rear a little bit. So, for now I'm on my toes if I want both feet down at a stop. I usually just one foot it anyway. With the combination of a tall shock and a taller seat I just ordered some lowering links to try and get the bike back where I can flat foot it at a stop.

Another thing to consider if you plan on doing the passenger seat too. Is that with the Honda Top Box the seat hits the box when lifting it up to get gas. I think that has been mentioned here before. Hoping that won't be an issue in about a week when I get a new SW-MOTECH hard luggage set. But for now I can either take the top box off when I fuel up so it doesn't interfere with the seat or just smoosh it against it until then.

For the short trip I did yesterday from Redding back to Red Bluff it feels very nice. Real test will be the 3hr ride home tomorrow as far as comfort goes. But so far I'm happy with it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Finished my valves, everything was tight...This is the first time I've checked them at almost 22k miles...

Started the bike to burp the coolant, then took her for a test run, everything acts the same, nothing stands out in a good/bad way, so I guess I didn't screw anything up.

I have always found valve clearance work to be very satisfying, especially after the restart and everything sounds good. It always feels like a big weight off my shoulders as I tend to put such work on the long finger and worry about it.

Took my first ride of the year, about a one hundred mile ride along the Hood Canal. Can't wait for better weather. Pics or it didn't happen.

3-26 ride 1.jpg3-26 ride 2.jpg3-26 ride 3.jpg3-26 ride 4.jpg

Getting ready for Hillbilly Hangout III so I did a test pack and setup my new tent!

Attachments

• NC700X-Packed.jpg
    NC700X-Packed.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 251
  • NX700X-Tent1.jpg
    NX700X-Tent1.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 302
  • NX700X-Tent2.jpg
    NX700X-Tent2.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 258
Finally a nice weekend in the Seattle area, hit some local roads up with a friend of mine. Loving the DCT!

933A59A9-4064-4A5A-B06F-B4B92D924433_zpseongkidb.jpg

installed Denali D2 lights, tomtom rider 400 GPS, 12v accessory socket.

Received replacement side bag, took off all mounting form old and transferred to new. Installed new side bags and put them back on the bike.

Took me probably 8 hours to do everything. Had to take off tupperware on both sides of the bike to mount the Denali light bar which added a lot of time. The large Denali harness in addition to all the other wiring took a bit to figure out where to put it all.

I haven't ridden with the new lights yet but the difference is night and day when comparing to the stock headlight. I'm very happy to have them. It's great that they are 50% contant, 100% intensity when high beams are on.

Replaced the stock Dunlops with PR4s today. 4700 miles and those OEMs were bald.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saturday (with the temps starting in the lower 50s and ending in the upper 60s) I headed an hour or so south to check out an overlook I remembered from the Ice Breaker ride from last year. It is just outside of Loretto County (south of Bardstown, KY) on a small road called Scotts Ridge Road and overlooks a horseshoe bend in Rowan's Creek (a water source that quite a few distilleries take their water from, including Willett who has a bourbon called Rowan's Creek Bourbon. It is a nice bourbon for about $30. On the way back, I stopped in at Willett for a tasting before heading back up into Louisville, where I rode around and said hey to some friends at their garage. It was a perfect riding day, and I went through an entire tank (2.9 gal, just over 200 miles) when all was said and done.

img_0482.jpg

img_0487.jpg

Frunk light, USB & 12V outlets, Voltmeter and Garmin power cable

I bought the parts for these modifications about 2 or 3 years ago, but just never got around to doing the installation... until today. On the day I bought the NC700 (September 7, 2012) I quickly wired up a Battery Tender/SAE connector that could also be mated to a female cigarette lighter socket which I used to power my Garmin 60CSx GPS for the Ironbutt ride from the dealer in Oklahoma back to San Diego. Temporary things often have a habit of becoming permanent, so I just kept using that 'temporary' hookup with the GPS, or a USB charger for my cell phone, or to power my heated riding jacket and gloves -- but only being able to plug one item in at a time. Today I finally removed the 'temporary' SAE style Battery Tender connector and added the following which can all be used simultaneously:

Fused power feeding:
  • Switched LED Frunk light -- attached to Frunk lid
  • Switched 12V Relay for:
    1. Dual USB outlet (1.0A & 2.1A)
    2. 12V Cigarette Lighter Socket
    3. Digital Voltmeter
    4. Power cable to handlebar mounted Garmin 60CSx GPS

20160328_231901.jpg
Looking down into Frunk illuminated by LED installed in Frunk lid -- picture taken in dark garage

20160328_231947.jpg
Not sure while picture rotated, but this photo shows the USB & 12V outlets, digital voltmeter, and 2 switches. One switch
energizes an automotive relay to power the outlets, voltmeter, and power cable to Garmin GPS (not shown). The other switch
controls the Frunk LED light mounted in the Frunk lid. These circuits are fed from the battery so that I can use them when
the ignition switch is off.

20160328_232003.jpg
A wider view of the Frunk illuminated by the lid mounted LED in my dark garage. The blue near the upper left of the photo is
from a night light in the garage reflecting off the bodywork.

Yesterday I the 600 mile oil and filter(s) change

IMG_0252-L.jpg

While doing that BOXES arrived!

IMG_0251-L.jpg

Today I installed the mounts and used the E251 top plate I already had for my top case. It was nice to see they included another lock set so I can rekey the top case to match the bags.

IMG_0255-L.jpg

IMG_0259-L.jpg

Yes, I put the lower cowl on after taking the pictures.

Took one of my new side cases out of the box to see how big the 45l ones really are. Well, they're big enough to fit my 3 almost 4yr old son in one of them. LOL
8c61b5790e2754f681ad8c3c4bd961fe.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back