• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2016: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought about fording this river

Really thought about it but decided that with street tires, no one with me, not the hottest weather, and I wasn't really sure where I would have ended up having to turn around anyways, I passed.

I've had some parts sitting around for over a year and decided they needed to be installed.

I installed a battery charger quick connect pigtail, and charged the battery.
Then I decided to look at installing the 12v connector, a USB power outlet, and heated grips.
Holy major surgery Batman! It took fewer fasteners to take the side panel off of my VFR and it has a full fairing!
I have to go buy electrical tape and a 30mm hole saw before I proceed.
I'll run the wires for the grips but I think I'll save installing the switch and grips for later.

I also looked at installing my rear rack but the parts guy at the dealership neglected to say I needed the side handles as well.
You'd think they had never seen one of these bikes before.

Passed another milestone today - 50,000 miles in just over 3-1/2 years riding - enough miles to go around the earth twice and still have a few miles to spare - my NC700X is officially the highest mileage vehicle I own 20160402_50000.jpg

Last edited:
Yesterday rode to referee my first soccer tournament of the spring. Winds were 30-40 MPH gusts on the way there and in the low 50's. I had no problem keeping speeds 70+ into the wind on flat ground but was being buffeted quite a bit, not a comfortable ride on the hour plus there. Sun was out though and although I was cold I was "adventuring."

The day was spent in gradually declining temperatures, and mix of sleet and snow developing as winds increased. First spring session, and I forgot to put my gloves and hat in my bag so I was pretty much numb by the time I finished my 5th game.

By this time, sun is down and wind has picked up to 60mph gusts. Sleet is turning into driving snow. Ride home was MISERABLE. I had so many layers of clothes on but only summer riding gloves (mesh). OEM heated grips on #2 setting (warmest) - My fingers stayed tolerable but thumbs were painfully numb and despite trying to get them warm it was terrible. The crosswind gusts made it very challenging just to stay on the road at times and I spent about 1/3 of the 60 mile trip home drafting a semi which I know is not safe but just to survive.

By the time I got home my face shield was covered in sleet, I could barely see and the ground had a covering of light snow.

Got home to the glare of my wife who had called me about 15 min after I had left in the morning telling me NOT to take the motorcycle. She had been following me on "find my phone" and tracking me to make sure i was still moving. She said "if, -IF- I let you keep your motorcycle, I'm taking the keys and controlling when you ride. There may be a sign on it Monday - first person takes this motorcycle for free."

Worst decision I made in quite awhile. Stupid Ohio weather in April.

I've got bark busters on order from before, which would have helped with the hands, and I definitely need to buy cold weather/waterproof gloves. But most of all I need to listen to my wife more....

And next year I'm skipping the early bird tournament. I'm too old for this.

Thank you Lord, for getting me home safely.

She said "if, -IF- I let you keep your motorcycle, I'm taking the keys and controlling when you ride. There may be a sign on it Monday - first person takes this motorcycle for free."

Glad you made it home ok.

I'm guessing the reply to your wife was a little different than mine would have been. Thus the reason for my divorce. Lol

Went for a ride today out to where I work in the summers on the weekends at a RenFair. Checked out my booth, made some notes and took photos for some changes to make and additions for the season. Hard to believe in 2 months it will be open yet again. It was nice seeing people I havent seen in a year, and hearing the cast all over rehearsing and laughing. We have quite a young cast this year, most being under 25, but most being there for more than 5 years.

Installed Innovv C2 camera. Bought it as a birthday present to myself. Great system with front and rear cameras. Small cameras will not be noticed by would be thieves. Easy install with everything needed in package. I only had to supply 2 bolts to connect L brackets to NC. Didn't have time to go for a ride so will test at Hillbilly Hangout. Will get pics there too. NC now in trailer while working in a Mississippi mill.

Installed Innovv C2 camera. Bought it as a birthday present to myself. Great system with front and rear cameras. Small cameras will not be noticed by would be thieves. Easy install with everything needed in package. I only had to supply 2 bolts to connect L brackets to NC. Didn't have time to go for a ride so will test at Hillbilly Hangout. Will get pics there too. NC now in trailer while working in a Mississippi mill.

Can't wait to see the new camera system. Will be great actually to see you and the other guys again with my new eye lens. Just hope I can travel by then. I won't even know if I can go until Thursday afternoon. Swelling and dilation still going down. If I can go, once again I will have to drive straight though. Have to be back by Monday morning for another knee appointment, hope to get new knees soon! This getting old stuff is cutting down on my RIDING time.

Last edited:
Deckyon nailed it. That box is where the selected gear would be displayed. I was sitting at a gas station with the ignition on and the engine not running. That's why all the lights are lit and no gear is indicated.
>T

Oh ok my bike is 2012 manual.
I don't have a gear indicator.
When did they come out with that, and I'm assuming it's DCT only and probably not in the USA lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back