• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2016: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I changed the headlight sooner this week for a Cyclop 3800 Lumen H4 LED Headlight bulb. Wow...big difference...I took it for a ride friday night and was just amazed how it is clear now. I was riding with a buddy who own a F800Gs and the difference between his stock light and mine was absolutely incredible, he ordered one right when he arrived home.
See and be seen make me happy !

I changed the headlight sooner this week for a Cyclop 3800 Lumen H4 LED Headlight bulb. Wow...big difference...I took it for a ride friday night and was just amazed how it is clear now. I was riding with a buddy who own a F800Gs and the difference between his stock light and mine was absolutely incredible, he ordered one right when he arrived home.
See and be seen make me happy !

Is that a "drop in" replacement or does one have to finagle, wrestle, fight and curse it in while filing parts or bending/forcing things to get it in.........like every LED replacement I have tried or seen tried. Some say, ahh, it's not too bad-- that's not what I'm looking for.

And how hard is it to use the spacer for low beam cutoff adjustment?

Last edited:
I bought a couple of filters.

35e7fb1de47e46a6965686ca124aab9f.jpg

Oh yeah an something to put them in... Behold my brand new 2016 NC700XD!

d2ca6c20a1bd9c575e9d551377b8dd3f.jpg

3ec8d50c9481408dd9d2aeb4ae82c45b.jpg

Is that a "drop in" replacement or does one have to finagle, wrestle, fight and curse it in while filing parts or bending/forcing things to get it in.........like every LED replacement I have tried or seen tried. Some say, ahh, it's not too bad-- that's not what I'm looking for.

And how hard is it to use the spacer for low beam cutoff adjustment?

Surprising I found it an easy job to do...maybe because I was minded for the worst, I've never had luck with LED replacement...so I'd say pretty easy to do.
About the spacer, I just didn't used it...but from what I've seen, it is very simple to install...

I installed a HONDABIKEPRO skid plate that I had bought from another forum member. After debate about how/what to paint it, I decided to leave it bare aluminum. I don't need to worry about paint chips that way! I sanded the unit with 220 grit to knock down the grinder marks and give it a satin finish. It almost matches the color of the foot peg stays. There were two minor fitment issues to address, but the bolt hole alignments were spot on. Nice job, Dale.

101_0235.jpg
101_0236.jpg

Installed my SHAD seat today. Not quite sure what I make of it yet, It is softer but not sure if better than OEM in terms of comfort. Will go on a longer ride in two weeks, that will tell. The stock seat starts hurting about about 1.5 hours in the saddle.

Surprising I found it an easy job to do...maybe because I was minded for the worst, I've never had luck with LED replacement...so I'd say pretty easy to do.
About the spacer, I just didn't used it...but from what I've seen, it is very simple to install...

I'm glad you had no trouble, they must have changed the design because it took me over an hour to get it into the housing. Once it was in I started the bike, walked down my driveway and across the street, turned around and was instantly blinded by the glare. On low beam. It was too bright to my 61 year old eyes at the time so I took it out.

I'm glad you had no trouble, they must have changed the design because it took me over an hour to get it into the housing. Once it was in I started the bike, walked down my driveway and across the street, turned around and was instantly blinded by the glare. On low beam. It was too bright to my 61 year old eyes at the time so I took it out.
Don't know if they changed th design, but it is not the 2016 model for sure as I bought it new from a member of the forum many months ago...It is really very clear but I still have 10 years before taking it out as I am only 51 !;)

Lets see. Adj valves,change oil & filter and coolant. also installed an Altrider radiator guard.The final project was to install a Motobriiz chain oiler.

started to install my Denali D2 lights. Got as far as taking off all the left side plastic to access the wiring and started to install the light mount on my Givi Crash bars but one of the provided bolt/mounts was stripped out from the factory. Very pissed off as now I have a disassembled motorcycle in the middle of my garage and it may take several days to get a replacement from Twisted Throttle. for the price of this stuff this shouldn't happen. I only hope I can remember hot to reassemble all the plastic bits back together after several days, there was quite a bit of taking things apart to get it off!

And I never did find a wire that feeds the bright light back towards the harness area, so I'm still working on that part :( the 2014 model doesn't appear to have a bright light wire in the accessory harness.

short spin today just 82 miles. cold on ma fingers though on the morning.. enjoyable.
we stopped for our picnic in some park outside Richmond.UK. anyway heres some pics..
DSC03267.jpg
DSC03274.jpgDSC03275.jpgDSC03276.jpg

OH AND MY PREVIOUS RUN THE OTHER WEEK WE GOT 79.46 MPG and not 88mpg as I thought

Last edited:
I took a picture!

Also rode about 75 miles worth of gravel; there is something sweet about a nice gravel road, 5th gear and 65 degrees!!!

LoveMyNCX.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back