• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2016: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Added some stuff:

SW-Motech Skid Plate and Crash Bars:
d5effd9356cee5880768d867c7a30c4a.jpg

1fe86a5f2c8cec3237b4b5d927bee87d.jpg

R&G Stator Cover:

333304d2d61bcc7dda8996f1e11d1590.jpg

New Lower Pegs:

5367b39b24844110d06eaf3000fe5a05.jpg

Radiator Guard and Fenda Extenda:

412aec2bd926ab3c1bc348bc43d00bfa.jpg

Puig Shroud:

2b3e4cdd37784082e6104020875e7ab9.jpg

817b3717056365bc50dfdd385828f513.jpg

Nice work. I really like the idea that you bought all that stuff in advance as you found good deals. What's next?

Very nice. Congrats.

Well I kind of ran out of daylight as you can see. :)

I'm pretty much done with most of the 'hardware', the only thing left in my bolt-on toy box is the Kakao Throttle lock.
I'm delaying that until I get more experience with the DCT's throttle etc...

I have a pile of electronics already bought, ready to put in it including:

Subharness, Relay Kit, Heated Grips (2015 style... might not work, may have to wire differently)
12V Frunk Socket
Dual Front and Rear Cameras
Scorpio i900R Alarm
Denali SoundBomb Horn

On the 'To Buy List' Is:

Power Distribution Thingy, maybe PDM60, maybe fuze block.
Lithium Battery
Luggage/Bags/Racks - probably the black Givi Outback Trekker, will order from Italy, cheaper, have to wait for 2016 fitment/parts.
Additional Front Driving Lights / Honda Light Bar (Denali D2 / D4)
Gear Brake / Extra Brake LED Lights

This morning (Sunday) I went in to my office in Oakland to catch up on a little work. Whenever I go in on weekends I go by motorcycle to mix business with pleasure. I came home at about noon and when I popped out of the Caldecott Tunnel heading towards home I noticed a BMW motorcycle up ahead in the fast lane. He was going 80-85 so I figured he could run interference for me. I followed him for a few miles but when he exited I didn't want to be going 85 all by myself so I began to slow a little. Just then I noticed another motorcycle coming up rapidly from behind so I moved over to let him pass. A young guy on a sport bike with a girl on the back came flying by me. Their protective gear was helmets, that's it. He was in a T-shirt, shorts, tennis shoes and no gloves. She was in short shorts (she looked pretty good!) and a tank top and they were moving. I had slowed to about 75 when about 10 seconds later I saw a black SUV coming up very quickly in the fast lane. Well, the SUV was the Highway Patrol and at first I thought he was after me for going 85 but he was after the sport bike. His light bar came on and sure enough just down the freeway at my exit, there they all were at the side of the road. I think I dodged a bullet on that one. 100+, two-up and half-naked on a wailing sport bike is a lot more noticeable than 85 on a mild-mannered NC.:)

This morning (Sunday) I went in to my office in Oakland to catch up on a little work. Whenever I go in on weekends I go by motorcycle to mix business with pleasure. I came home at about noon and when I popped out of the Caldecott Tunnel heading towards home I noticed a BMW motorcycle up ahead in the fast lane. He was going 80-85 so I figured he could run interference for me. I followed him for a few miles but when he exited I didn't want to be going 85 all by myself so I began to slow a little. Just then I noticed another motorcycle coming up rapidly from behind so I moved over to let him pass. A young guy on a sport bike with a girl on the back came flying by me. Their protective gear was helmets, that's it. He was in a T-shirt, shorts, tennis shoes and no gloves. She was in short shorts (she looked pretty good!) and a tank top and they were moving. I had slowed to about 75 when about 10 seconds later I saw a black SUV coming up very quickly in the fast lane. Well, the SUV was the Highway Patrol and at first I thought he was after me for going 85 but he was after the sport bike. His light bar came on and sure enough just down the freeway at my exit, there they all were at the side of the road. I think I dodged a bullet on that one. 100+, two-up and half-naked on a wailing sport bike is a lot more noticeable than 85 on a mild-mannered NC.:)

I probably told stories like that, too, back when I was in high school. :)

started to install my Denali D2 lights. Got as far as taking off all the left side plastic to access the wiring and started to install the light mount on my Givi Crash bars but one of the provided bolt/mounts was stripped out from the factory. Very pissed off as now I have a disassembled motorcycle in the middle of my garage and it may take several days to get a replacement from Twisted Throttle. for the price of this stuff this shouldn't happen. I only hope I can remember hot to reassemble all the plastic bits back together after several days, there was quite a bit of taking things apart to get it off!

And I never did find a wire that feeds the bright light back towards the harness area, so I'm still working on that part :( the 2014 model doesn't appear to have a bright light wire in the accessory harness.

Hello pprior!

I'm sorry to hear one of the clamps slipped by QA in a stripped state of being! We expect to have those mounts back in stock towards the end of next week. I know it's not fun having your bike apart while you wait for parts so I managed to find a spare light mount in the depths of our design laboratory! It will be leaving the warehouse on it's way to you today! Tracking #'s will be emailed once live.

When assembling the clamp, please note the light shelf only needs 3.5 ft-lbs to be secured to the clamp and can be easily stripped. For any torque spec that light, I always recommend finger tight and a torque wrench after that!

To connect the blue trigger wire (Full intensity on the D2's) to your factory high beam, trace the wire out of the headlight itself and you can grab power from there or even tap into it from the factory bright switch (whichever is easier).

If you have any other questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to ask!

-Twisted Pete

Finally got a picture of the bike with the new alt-rider guard on it:

no issues with it after 400 miles and 80+mph for 3 hours. I like it due to it sets off of the radiator about 1/2 inche so if anything hits it and makes a dent, it shouldn't come in contact with the radiator.

Last edited:
Well I kind of ran out of daylight as you can see. :)

I'm pretty much done with most of the 'hardware', the only thing left in my bolt-on toy box is the Kakao Throttle lock.
I'm delaying that until I get more experience with the DCT's throttle etc...

I have a pile of electronics already bought, ready to put in it including:

Subharness, Relay Kit, Heated Grips (2015 style... might not work, may have to wire differently)
12V Frunk Socket
Dual Front and Rear Cameras
Scorpio i900R Alarm
Denali SoundBomb Horn

On the 'To Buy List' Is:

Power Distribution Thingy, maybe PDM60, maybe fuze block.
Lithium Battery
Luggage/Bags/Racks - probably the black Givi Outback Trekker, will order from Italy, cheaper, have to wait for 2016 fitment/parts.
Additional Front Driving Lights / Honda Light Bar (Denali D2 / D4)
Gear Brake / Extra Brake LED Lights

Don't forget the rule: not a word to the wife about all the money ''invested'' !
She'll be crazy furious ! How do I know that ?

Don't forget the rule: not a word to the wife about all the money ''invested'' !
She'll be crazy furious ! How do I know that ?

I know how to fix that!!!!! :D:D:D
Just start really looking at new bikes, loudly exclaiming "what a deal for only (whatever the bike costs). When she starts to go ballistic, Start speaking calmly as if you're trying to maybe convince yourself that your NCX just won't 'DO-IT' anymore because you need more/better/faster (insert performance desire here), but you may be able to just get by with a "CHEAP" repeat MAYBE WITH A CHEAP (insert choice of farkle here).. But you don't really know...
It's worked for me so far... ;)

We rode about 185 miles with a lunch stop at a place full of big game trophies collected in the 1930s, Fosters Bighorn.

Pictures:

IMG_20160516_130625099.jpg
IMG_20160516_130506823.jpg
IMG_20160516_130512260.jpg
IMG_20160516_130518830.jpg
IMG_20160516_130524493.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back