• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2016: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rode to work this morning to do a little catch-up. Halfway there I realized I had forgotten my office keys. Doh! Turned around, went home and decided it was a bad idea in the first place.

Rode out to one of our State Parks and got an annual permit. 366 miles on the odometer so far, starting to get a feel for when to override the DCT.
I am really liking the throttle lock for long highway hauls.

Well today I rode home from The Return To the Land of the Dragon but yesterday I was riding with 3 other NC700Xs on the Blue Ridge Parkway:

IMG_0388-L.jpg

Friday I was riding with DCTFAN:

IMG_0363-L.jpg

And Thursday evening having dinner with a bunch of NC700X riders:

IMG_0356-L.jpg

Steve

Today I had my first group ride with the local chapter of a motorcycle club. They were really nice folks, very welcoming, but being mostly large HD and Goldwing riders, I had to explain the NC700X. I could see the gleam in their eyes as I explained the DCT, and then I opened the frunk...

Well, it wasn't today but it was a couple days ago (invoking the 48hr rule :D) I installed rad guard and skid plate from Iron Skill (from the Ukraine!!!). Still have the engine guard to install. Of course will post pictures when all done. Sorry, you'll just have to wait.

took another trip did 104 miles in all locally. sun was nice but cloudy then later it chuck it down!
1st time we got caught in a heavy rain bike was covered in mud amongst other things and so was my wife back and boots.
should make these farmers clear their mess up.
DSC03277.jpgDSC03278.jpgDSC03283.jpg
DSC03288.jpg

I was all set to ride my NC down the Blue Ridge Parkway this week, but a repair popped up at the last minute. SO, having cleared the week for the planned ride I loaded up my Honda CRF250L onto my trailer and headed to the Black Hills of South Dakota. I rode over six hours today (my first of four days.) Perfect day! I stayed on pavement today but will try some gravel and trails tomorrow.
(Ya gotta watch out for those buffalo.)
I'll take care of the NC repair next week.
1bf557d29a04a54af7f9eadf3b756b03.jpg

8d96d9252136b1f467c460dae6375fcd.jpg

12b1e357dedff5fc661cde272b408f9e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I just dropped mine off at the shop for the correct instrument cluster to be installed on my DCT, and while there, getting the 12k and 16k mile services done (sitting at 15k anyway.) And no, I am not the guy to dig under all the fairings for the air filter. I would rather pay and save the frustration. Wont be riding for a while, so when they said it will be a couple weeks, I was OK with it. I wont have a weekend off until Mid-Ohio (July 8-10) anyway.

2nd day in my conversion ride (the planned Blue Ridge ride on my NC was suddenly changed to playing around in the Black Hills on my 250)... about half of my 4+ hours today was off pavement.
I think I could do everything I did today on my NC...uploadfromtaptalk1464121962338.jpguploadfromtaptalk1464121991618.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1464121889877.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I attempted an experiment. I dislike my Honda tall windshield, and I once read (I think somewhere on here) that someone had success raising theirs up a bit using spacers, so I tried that. I had a wood dowel laying around I cut into 3/4 inch pieces and used longer bolts. Then I rode it to work. It looked ghetto as hell but it worked! I am very happy with the result, in fact I had my helmet faceplate half way open the entire ride.

Eventually I'll take it apart and plastidip the dowels but for now I just covered them with electrical tape, so it looks slightly less ghetto.

I went for a long 400km ride with the NC today to visit and test ride another small bike... finally they are now sisters ! I bought an 88' NX250...another famous Honda bike.

nx2501988 (2).jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back