• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2016: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not on the expressway coming in, but major surface streets. Everything was mostly dry already, just a few damp spots.

As to the Cincy event, sure. Not sure where the best meetup spot would be, I havent even looked yet on the route to Cincy.

Purchased two tires at 2 a.m. this morning and when the rain stopped, rode over to my bike friend and we adjusted the chain, cleaned it and lubed it. Now it's ready for tomorrow's ride. Going to do some gravel. Yesterday it was crossing the mountain to NC with snow and ice and fog. That will make you tighten up on the seat.

I only changed the front sprocket. The chain is the stock chain, and measures good. Rear sprocket showing no signs of wear.

I use a tutoro for over 20,000 miles. I use regular motor oil and it depends on outside temp and how bumpy a road you ride on. I have mine set about 2.5 to 2.75 turns out riding from 10F-50F, over 50F about 2.25, 60F to 80F 2 turns out. I ignore the oil that slings off since it cleans the chain. Still on original chain and sprockets and I am over 25,000 miles.

I use a tutoro for over 20,000 miles. I use regular motor oil and it depends on outside temp and how bumpy a road you ride on. I have mine set about 2.5 to 2.75 turns out riding from 10F-50F, over 50F about 2.25, 60F to 80F 2 turns out. I ignore the oil that slings off since it cleans the chain. Still on original chain and sprockets and I am over 25,000 miles.

That seems to make it worth the price right there.

I got the tutoro oil when I got the oiler I have mine set at 1 and 1/4. I'm driving freeway almost the entire time from 30f-60f. I still get some sling off but not enough to be a problem and my chain is always wet. When I run out of that oil I'll just by extra motor oil. The oil lasts allot longer then i thought it would anyways

Finally got my painted panels back on, also installed the harnesses, frunk power outlet and GPS mount wired while they were off.
Should get some pics tomorrow.

[quote name=&quot;jfauerba&quot; post=154117]I use a tutoro for over 20,000 miles. I use regular motor oil and it depends on outside temp and how bumpy a road you ride on. I have mine set about 2.5 to 2.75 turns out riding from 10F-50F, over 50F about 2.25, 60F to 80F 2 turns out. I ignore the oil that slings off since it cleans the chain. <b> Still on original chain and sprockets and I am over 25,000 miles.</b>[/QUOTE]<br />
<br />
That seems to make it worth the price right there.

Wow to get that many miles out of the original chain is very impressive

2dc3c073f281961aa0726e1f76e3016c.jpg

Stripped her down to do some wiring. This will take a couple weeks.

Here is a time lapse video I did during the process. I didn't add any music, so just turn on your favorite tune in the background :)
And yes, it's stinkin' cold in my garage!
[video=youtube_share;eFBSYQs50II]https://youtu.be/eFBSYQs50II[/video]

This was last week, when I set up the garage lighting and started mocking up the control panel I'll be adding above the stock instrument cluster.
[video=youtube_share;xyRKUeX9ZW4]https://youtu.be/xyRKUeX9ZW4[/video]

Got a few pics, you can't see the metallic pearl in the paint, I'm not that good at taking pictures.
It's the same color white as my new Civic turbo. ( vroom vroom )
Got my Zumo 660 LM mounted as well.

DSCN0562.jpgDSCN0563.jpgDSCN0564.jpg

Here is a time lapse video I did during the process. I didn't add any music, so just turn on your favorite tune in the background :)
And yes, it's stinkin' cold in my garage!

You didn't spend near enough time looking for tools or crawling around on the floor looking for washers you dropped.

Something I learned from others on here, you might want to run a strap from the center stand and front wheel. Will keep the center stand from accidently folding up.

Attempted to mount the Seat Concepts seat cover (low version) on my old seat pan. Couldn't quite get all the wrinkles out. Definitely a four hand job and an air stapler is essential. I had done one for my DR 650, much easier. I could ride all day on that seat w/o problems. I'm hoping this will be the same.

Went on a ride, some 120 miles, around the area today. It was too good a day to pass up. While I wore the heated gear, I didn't need to turn it on, but it was nice to have the wind blocking from it. It was a great ride. Here is a photo from the ride, a small chapel just outside of Crestwood, KY called Duncan Memorial Chapel. It was brought over from the UK and reproduced stone by stone.

0Zgc1XTmStavPPGRtZhr_IMG_0424.jpg

Got a few pics, you can't see the metallic pearl in the paint, I'm not that good at taking pictures.
It's the same color white as my new Civic turbo. ( vroom vroom )

The new paint looks great!

(Do you need to change you handle, or was it not related to you bike color)?

:D It was all black so that's not it, I do have a GL1500 and a Ram truck that are grey. The name I usually use was taken, I have variations on different sites depending on what's available.

This is my contribution for today.

The forks will go on first and the shock will follow when I have cleaned up the bike sufficiently. The shock has a widget on the bottom that will allow adjustment to ride height independant of spring preload. I also opted for the lock ring spring preload adjustment as the bike will never carry a pillion, and once the preload and ride height is adjusted properly it will not need adjustment again.

The damping in each of the forks feels quite strong initially at its lowest setting just compressing them by hand. However each of them are carrying a different damping function separately and I assume that is the reason why I am sensing this.

ATTACH=CONFIG]28389[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• P1040724.jpg
    P1040724.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 401
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back