• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2016: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took my NC700S for a short ride yesterday.
It was 10C (50F) and sunny, roads were dry, so I decided I've got enough of that stinkin' winter and need a little ride. Since it was still relatively cold, plan was to ride without abusing throttle much and just enjoy the moment.
Enough said, the moment I was going downhill and put a gear down starting engine-braking, I couldn't stop myself from fangirling inside my helmet like a little boy. The grunt this engine makes during engine-braking, I could listen to it whole day!
2 hours and 100 km/60 miles later, had to go back home as it was dark already and temperature started dropping near 0C/38F.

Operating throttle carefully, I had no issues with traction apart from one launch from traffic lights where rear tire started slipping a little. I felt that, and subconsciously decreased throttle before I even realized what's going on.
Not that I'm an awesome rider, but I'm glad practical situation showed I have good reactions. Still, I guess I'll wait until it gets a little warmer. It's not hard to imagine what happened if I slipped during cornering...

Pics to follow when I get back home :)

That will make the next ride that much better. The bike is completely yours now free and clear, that's awesome

I did the best thing I could do with my bike today.

I PAID IT OFF!

:cool:

Farkling time? :D
Glad you've reached that moment in time, now all the spare cash can be spent on fuel, which most likely you won't have enough time to burn through considering how little NCs consume.
Congratulations!

Actually, the "bike payment" will now be going towards my Alaska Trip fund. Already have the luggage and camping gear and such, now to save up for the actual trip, which I hope to be next summer.

I hope the trip comes true! If possible, please post some pictures - I would love to see Alaska seen with our eyes, from the NCs seat (or nearby :D).
Good luck, fingers crossed!

Currently 78° here looks like I get to ride home without all my winter gear on

219c530eaf4777a3f311f624c10cbd4f.jpg

Yeah the ride home from work was awesome, cool breeze with the sun shining. just rolled past 30k miles on my NC700X on the way home also [emoji41]

Last edited:
Saturday it was above freezing so I decided to take the bike out. Just rode to the barn and back (25 miles or so), nothing much. My back didn't protest at the time, but was definitely stiff the next day (I expect that was mostly due to a certain horse being 50 shades of idiotic). Currently plotting out training rides for my trip at the end of April. Of course this weekend is going to be in the teens, so riding will have to wait. Harumph.KIMG0848.jpg

I rode it. Twenty-nine degrees F. and a 25 mph wind with hefty gusts. Will do it again Friday. Did add some fabric saddlebags to it that a friend loaned me until I can save up $371 for what I want. Can't afford $700 for Honda hardbags. I also transferred my gel seat pad to try for a while. Not sure I will keep it on as it raises me about 1 1/2 inches or so.

Installed Denali D2 's and finished installing the chain. Got a chance to use my new profi cat laser and realized how far off the swing arm alignment marks really are. While installing the D2 's I tried using a connector plug for the Honda Subharness like some have successful tried but the high beam wire didn't work for me. I had to unplug a large connector and used a posi tap to connect to the high beam wire. The manual helped a lot.

Last edited:
I tried using a connector plug for the Honda Subharness like some have successful tried but the high beam wire didn't work for me.

We figured out that the high beam signal in the accessory harness was only a feature on 2012 and 2013 models in the US.

We figured out that the high beam signal in the accessory harness was only a feature on 2012 and 2013 models in the US.

Ah I mused have missed that post in some of the research I did. The manual does have different electrical diagrams for those different years which helped me figure out the problem.

Last edited:
Drove 200 miles with my wife on the back to go to Pismo for Valentine's day we will head home tomorrow afternoon

Where do you live I'm in central Cali I'm a two or three hour drive from allot of cool places

Most of the people and laws suck in Cali but it's got lots of great paying jobs and lots of attractions, theme parks state parks and such.

I'm actually nearer the right coast. I was thinking or riding with my wife. She won't ride. I started to make a joke..."you'd let your wife ride with me?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back