• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2016: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
142 miles of mountain roads yesterday and 40 miles of errands this morning. Will be going on trip Sunday using cruiser so NC will be garaged for a week.

Rode out to the Anza-Borrego Desert (Ocotillo Wells & Borrego Springs area) by way of the mountains in Julian and lunch at the Round Up Grill at Lake Henshaw. Mid to low 60s in the mountains. About 80F in the desert.

Have not ridden since Dec. 6. Ouch!
The wife and I moved, leaving the boys in the old house. Now in a much (MUCH!) smaller place and brought the NC here today. Now to build another work bench.
I need the drawers I am used to. Shelves and peg board can't hold diddly squat compared to drawers. And yes, I threw a lot of stuff away before moving. SOME OF WHICH I HAVE ALREADY NEEDED! (%&#)#(%&@_&^%_%*@&@#(%$&)(%^#*$

Lack of space means the parking spot is also the lift. I needed to have a place to put my feet down that is wider than the lift so as usual, I went and made them bigger than needed so there is no chance of tipping away. Plus it was left over shelving from the garage "closet" some previous owner built and I removed so the NC had room.

Beautiful weather here today if a bit windy. The kind of weather that brings millions to Florida for the winter each year. 60 or so miles total. GAWD I love the DCT.

2-19-16 In Palisade garage 1.jpg2-19-16 In Palisade garage 2.jpg

Got in 5 good hours today...little gravel and a little country road. Temp in the 40's, low 50's. Lets hear it for heated jacket and grips...yee haw.

Tried to shoot a little video. I'll try to edit some of it into clips tomorrow.

gave the bike an oil change inc 2 filters ,the old oil wasn't that bad considering its 2 years old!
all done and dusted.
also I've finished putting on go faster stripes and the 700X decal..
just to polish the silencer up when I get the chance.. anyway here she is...

DSC03186.jpgDSC03187.jpgDSC03188.jpg

Took a little ride to test out the Puig windscreen and deflector. Once I got home I finished installing the Givi racks so I could mount the new trunk. All the OEM luggage is now off of the bike, replaced with Kappa Garda. 42lt sides and 52 trunk.

Last weekend I was plowing snow from the driveway. This weekend the temperature is 30*F above average (avg. high is 39*F for today), the snow is gone, skies are clear, and winds are light. It's an awesome day to ride two wheelers!

So I rode 16 miles on bicycles, then 133 miles on the NC, nearly all on narrow, oil and chip country roads. I don't think the NC ever went over 3300 RPM. The major highways still have a lot of salt dust on them, so I'll be washing the NC tonight. We need a good rain to clean the roads.

I also made a note for the future to reverse the order of these bicycle and motorcycle rides, as I was battling some nasty leg cramps while on the NC. Had to stop and pace around several times to ease the pain. Ouch! No, wait, "ouch" is an understatement when it comes to leg cramps. Getting old sucks.

100_9955.jpg

Last edited:
Took a little ride to test out the Puig windscreen and deflector. Once I got home I finished installing the Givi racks so I could mount the new trunk. All the OEM luggage is now off of the bike, replaced with Kappa Garda. 42lt sides and 52 trunk.

Give us a follow up report on the Kappa Garda cases. I realize they probably aren't as nice as Trekkers, but the price is better. I'm interested.

Give us a follow up report on the Kappa Garda cases. I realize they probably aren't as nice as Trekkers, but the price is better. I'm interested.

They are pretty well made, nice thick plastics. All the hardware is really just givi, just the plastic is a little different. No problems with the locks/keys etc. Coming from the OEM set, I don't see any real quality differences.

Last weekend I was plowing snow from the driveway. This weekend the temperature is 30*F above average (avg. high is 39*F for today), the snow is gone, skies are clear, and winds are light. It's an awesome day to ride two wheelers!

So I rode 16 miles on bicycles, then 133 miles on the NC, nearly all on narrow, oil and chip country roads. I don't think the NC ever went over 3300 RPM. The major highways still have a lot of salt dust on them, so I'll be washing the NC tonight. We need a good rain to clean the roads.

I also made a note for the future to reverse the order of these bicycle and motorcycle rides, as I was battling some nasty leg cramps while on the NC. Had to stop and pace around several times to ease the pain. Ouch! No, wait, "ouch" is an understatement when it comes to leg cramps. Getting old sucks.

View attachment 28536

Thought of doing this myself to stay better fit and for that matter maintain good balance...
cycbycyc2.jpg
1398830985-backview-o.jpg:)

This was actually on Saturday, which was PERFECT riding weather. Not too cold starting out (50 deg) and not hot at the mid-day (75 deg).

The Route - 298 miles when done, some deviations occured.
trestletrip.jpg

The Tulip Trestle - Middle Indiana, NW of Bloomington.
img_0430.jpg

img_0434.jpg

img_0435.jpg

img_0437.jpg

The Aftermath - Thanks to Hoosier National Forest.
img_0438.jpg

img_0439.jpg

img_0440.jpg

img_0441.jpg

So today, after getting off work early, i spent the afternoon getting all the cement-like mud from all the nooks and crannies. She's all ready to get dirty again!

Finally gathered up enough courage and broke the chain on my NC tonight. It was easier to do than I thought!

Hopefully I will get home early enough on Tuesday to remove the front wheel and try to remove the tire. Scary!

Oh, it isnt completely clean, by any stretch, but I wanted the majority of the crap off, I will be needing to wash her again when it gets warmer and dries up again - more rain and snow forecast for the foreseeable future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back