• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2016: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went off out for a spin with a mate. Me on my Triumph as my NC is off the road for the moment. He was on his NC though........Have a closer look at it........

P1040760.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes indeed it is the very latest 750.....

P1040758.jpg

It appears that there have been lots of changes. To name a few, and these are all just his impressions for now, a more responsive motor which he feels is the result of lower gearing, a longer swing arm and different steering geometry which seems to provide quicker steering, Much softer forks which is a welcome addition, spring preload adjustable shock, the exhaust has a nicer note to it as heard by me from behind him, but still quiet enough, Plastics on the frunk cover to facilitate the addition of a tank bag, substantial screen from the getgo that he is satisfied with. These are the changes I can see for now and it clearly shows that Honda have been listening to customers in this case. All good in my opinion. I would not have changed my 700 for the previous 750 model, but this one might have tempted me.

It appears that there have been lots of changes. To name a few, and these are all just his impressions for now, a more responsive motor which he feels is the result of lower gearing, a longer swing arm and different steering geometry which seems to provide quicker steering, Much softer forks which is a welcome addition, spring preload adjustable shock, the exhaust has a nicer note to it as heard by me from behind him, but still quiet enough, Plastics on the frunk cover to facilitate the addition of a tank bag, substantial screen from the getgo that he is satisfied with. These are the changes I can see for now and it clearly shows that Honda have been listening to customers in this case. All good in my opinion. I would not have changed my 700 for the previous 750 model, but this one might have tempted me.

Ah, but no mention of a better seat?

Well it's easier to replace a seat than to do all the other changes you mentioned

Last edited:
The seat does LOOK more comfortable especially for the passenger. I wonder if it actually is?

Finally rode to work this morning for the first time this year after slapping some new tires on over the weekend. Been too much fog on my morning commute until now to ride. So glad it's going away, felt good to ride in this morning.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Ah, but no mention of a better seat?

I don't think he had a problem with the seat on the previous 750 as I never heard him mention it. One other aspect that he mentioned was that the motor seemed smoother. That could be due to the newness of it but perhaps they have made some mods on the balancers also. His first assessment yesterday was that it felt a completely different bike to his previous one. As such he was tentative riding it for a while. As the day wore on that changed and he was riding through bends with a confidence that suggested to me that he was gelling very well with the bike. We did about 260kms overall.

We took an ~85 mile "exploration" ride today, there was about 6 miles of hilly hard packed dirt with various depths of loose gravel.
The road was only about 1 1/2 vehicles wide, luckily we only ran into one truck and I was able to see it before it went behind a hill in one of the curves and he saw me as well.
There were a few really well established washboard sections, I'm glad I don't have fillings to jar loose. :p

Yes, upper 60s temps, I was wishing I had some more off roadish tires a few times but a good day none the less.

Changed the tires and chain. It wasn't pretty but I got it done. Just hope that I got everything put back in the right place!

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

View attachment 28576

All sounds good, but I still can't get past that massive silver arrow on the side, looks like it should have been a Mercedes; hopefully looks better in the flesh.

Rode over to visit Nebraskagirl a 125 mile round trip and the wheels stayed on! Must have put everything back together correctly. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Went 3 months with major withdrawal pains with no opportunities to ride. Got a couple short rides in February. Last week scheduled install of a new PR4 rear tire. Left work early to go home and ride to dealer. Rear was flat from short ride previous weekend. Found a small X shaped hole and plugged it so I could ride 40 miles to dealer. Better to plug a slick than a new tire so a minor hassle, and better to plug just prior to replacement than just after. :)

Leap Year Ride

Since today only comes around once in 4 yrs. I gave "Destiny" a good bath.
See pic below: I was coming down the trail toward U.
While crossing the creek, the front dipped into a hole and laid her down-
there she lay, on the left side- half submerged.
It took me about a few seconds to pick'er up and try to start, to no avail.(she mad :mad:)
Pushed it across to the other side in knee deep water. (huff&puff)
Hit start a few times but no go. All electronics seemed fine. Dash lites- all good.

Nice couple came by and helped me tow the bike up to level ground into the sun where she got some tan.
She was still mad after tanning an hour. Maybe bcse I was pulling all kinds of fuses and relays in the guts.
They were all a little wet, but none were blown.
I call my son to come and get me. He came blazing on his DRZ400 with street tires!!- we managed to tow a few yards until
we hit the first incline, where the DRZ quit pulling and just spun the rear. Aren't sons great? In the rush to rescue me...

After a lot of trying this and that, it was finally decided the best thing to do was to
load her up into my van (i had parked it about an hour away)
and get her home (it was already dark after 5 hours from the time of the big dip).
I'm thinking some water got into the air intake. Gonna give her a checkup tomorrow.

Hope she is in better mood by then.:)

Attachments

• shoal creek.jpg
    shoal creek.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 229
Went 3 months with major withdrawal pains with no opportunities to ride. Got a couple short rides in February. Last week scheduled install of a new PR4 rear tire. Left work early to go home and ride to dealer. Rear was flat from short ride previous weekend. Found a small X shaped hole and plugged it so I could ride 40 miles to dealer. Better to plug a slick than a new tire so a minor hassle, and better to plug just prior to replacement than just after. :)

Glad you're back, Fuzzy. We missed you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back