• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

2016: What did you do to/with your NC700 today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Genuine Wal-Mart fix for the battery low problem can be purchased at any Wal-Mart you are near.

Schumacher Red Fuel - works great on a motorcycle. About the size of a cell phone, so packs easy. Bingo - fixes battery
problems when on road with no one's help. Also, charges Iphone and tablet. Especially made for us folks who leave our key on! A must have for DCT owners who can not push start their motorcycles.

View attachment 31812

Remembered your post today and bought it at Walmart. A good $50 bucks or so well used. No battery drained issue for me in the future [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remembered your post today and bought it at Walmart. A good $50 bucks or so well used. No battery drained issue for me in the future [emoji1]

Ditto. I bought one, too. Strangely, prices vary widely. I see them as high as $80. I bought one, sealed box, $35 on eBay.

I went for the worst ride of my life this morning. I got up early, and went to the toilet in my bedroom out of habit. Being I had my knee replaced a few days ago, and no one was home but me, I got a long ride on that toilet. 4 hours later my wife retuned from shopping. Don't know which hurt worst, the throbbing in my knee, or the throbbing in my wallet?

It would be better with the ability to charge from bike, but only comes with 120V AC charger so have to charge at home.
My UBS port in the frunk has stopped working for some reason, so I have been using my smallish 12v dc to 120v ac inverter lately to charge my cell, iPad, and auxiliary XP-10 battery. I've been surprised that they have charged much quicker using their 120v ac plug chargers this way than before using their UBS chargers cords. Not sure of the amps right now, but the inverter is only about 4" x 6" x 2", bought it probably a decade ago.

Ray

Costco has a different brand but same device for the same price and a better return policy

My UBS port in the frunk has stopped working for some reason, so I have been using my smallish 12v dc to 120v ac inverter lately to charge my cell, iPad, and auxiliary XP-10 battery. I've been surprised that they have charged much quicker using their 120v ac plug chargers this way than before using their UBS chargers cords. Not sure of the amps right now, but the inverter is only about 4" x 6" x 2", bought it probably a decade ago.

Ray
Is that the honda usb port or a aftermarket? The honda usb has a one amp inline fuse, slow charging devices and easy to blow the inline fuse

Fort Parker state park

e261140da830ce84d1f4a4c51143d25b.jpg

I think Honda only has the 12v accessory plug option, not a USB option. But to answer the question, no on both. (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00YX7AQOQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

Ray
Ok yeah I was having a brain fart there. I has the honda cigarette outlet and it sucked so I bought the same cigarette and usb outlet combo you got and I wired up both from the battery with a on/off switch for each, my usb outlet only lasted a couple of weeks the guts inside vibrated loose I think I bought another usb outlet that was sold by itself and glowed when it has power if I can find it I'll post a link

Ok yeah I was having a brain fart there. I has the honda cigarette outlet and it sucked so I bought the same cigarette and usb outlet combo you got and I wired up both from the battery with a on/off switch for each, my usb outlet only lasted a couple of weeks the guts inside vibrated loose I think I bought another usb outlet that was sold by itself and glowed when it has power if I can find it I'll post a link
https://www.amazon.com/Cllena-Charger-Waterproof-Motorcycle-5007C/dp/B019SZR1YU

I suck all the power I can suck. Guess I am an electrical vampire. Direct to battery with the 15 fuse each with 5 devices. In over 4 years, still using the same battery. Just ride a lot and the battery stays charged. Won't be able to ride until next March or April. So, I had best purchase a new battery................

Now that I can't ride, it appears my lizards must be using my battery, she laid 15 eggs this morning.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back